numbhouse

numbhouse

self-loathing carousel
Apr 10, 2023
As someone who's struggled with a large assortment of issues, be it mental or otherwise, I've never found any sort of comfort in people or concepts. Religion is not for me, I never grew up with pets and I find myself with less empathy towards people every day, implying I've ever had any in the first place. (But that's a whole other discussion.)
But I've always found myself drawn to, of all things, collectables. Mostly of childhood characters and recollecting toys I wasn't allowed as a child. Pathetic, probably, but I have a legitimate connection with a lot of my items, going into actual emotional distress if certain ones are threatened or touched without my permissions. An odd question but am I alone on this? If not to that extent, are there any items that have helped prevent you from CTB? Personally one of the only things preventing me from another attempt is my collection and what would happen to it when I go but that feeling can probably only last so long.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
azurarcher

azurarcher

Mar 7, 2023
I can kinda relate, I have a collection of watercolor inks and normal inks that I guard with my life. It's a strange obsession, sometimes I even imagine how I'd drink them... It's just one thing I want to be with me always (though they do have an expiration date x.x)

It's nice to have something to cling to but at some point, even that might become meaningless

mytimemysunflower

mytimemysunflower

Feb 18, 2023
Most people with mental health issues are drawn to things such as toys or nostalgic media because when we are reminded of our childhood we usually think of the good times before everything about life wasn't bad and it seemed like all sunshine and rainbows. I don't think I have any particularly emotionally prevalent objects on me but I do care about tiny trinkets or plushies I pick up every now and then.

Reactions: -TheSorrow-