B

baznasty

Sep 1, 2020
Im 34 years old, and I have lost the love of my life. She is the most amazing woman I have ever met. After being separated for over 2 years we finally worked it out and were planning on living together with our 2 boys that are 6-8. She went through my phone a few days before we were supposed to move back in together and was reading old messages that I was sending girls during our separation. I was passed out during a movie because Im an alcoholic. She woke me up and we got in a fight. And I threaten to CTB to her. The boys in the other room heard this and it broke my heart. This happened 2 or 3 more times. I would say that even though I was never actually wanted to CTB its just how I thought would help me in our arguments.

Finally the day before Im supposed to move in, I'm packing up at my old place for the movers. She tells me its over again. I break down and threaten to CTB again. She called the cops on me and they took me to a mental hospital for a week. This has ruined my life completely. my move had to move all my stuff into storage and I had to go live with her for a month. My ex will not talk to me at all, and I have only been able to see my kids 4 times in the last 5 months with controlled visitation. Im aloud to call them every night at 7 but can only talk to my kids.

I now have my own place for the past few months. But I have blown my 30k I had saved on partying and other stupid things. I told my mom about this and she told me to never talk to her again, and blocked me on her phone. Told me to live on the streets If I have no money. Now the only people that talk to me are my kids. Thats it. I don't want to leave my kids, but I'm in pain every single day. All I think about is ending this. Ive tried partial hangings so many times I can't even count and it never works. Finally 2 days ago and purchased a Helium tank and mask and have it all set up sitting in my room.

I would hate to leave my kids behind because my dad CTB when I was 14. and I think that's why im like this now. But I have been depressed everyday and can't even concentrate on simple things. Ive hardly been eating. Im an actual mess right now and I had everything I ever needed. I want to end it this weekend, but my kids start school on Tuesday and I couldn't imagine how hard this would be on them. I need some advice. But I really want to end this suffering.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: crybaby, AloneSoAlone, sideswipe84 and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
What specifically do you want advice about?

B

baznasty

Sep 1, 2020
Sorry I wasn't more clear about it. Just about using helium and a mask. I have a 7lb tank and have a pretty good little set up. Is a 7lb tank enough? I think it would be ad long as I have a slow constant flow with my air tight make. I could take a picture of it
Sorry I wasn't more clear about it. Just about using helium and a mask. I have a 7lb tank and have a pretty good little set up. Is a 7lb tank enough? I think it would be ad long as I have a slow constant flow with my air tight make. I could take a picture of it

Attachments

• E90EDACC-948A-4FCC-971F-F2B324D56592.jpeg
    E90EDACC-948A-4FCC-971F-F2B324D56592.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

Thanks for clarifying.

In western countries, helium is usually mixed with O2 since it became known that it was being used for suicide. You need to be certain it's pure helium and not a mix.

I can't answer the rest of your questions about it.

If you don't get any or enough responses, you might want to post another thread with helium in the title and your specific questions in the thread.

B

baznasty

Sep 1, 2020
Thanks for the comment. The box says 100% pure so it should do the trick.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
bravotess

bravotess

I'ma jump ship now before I sink slow
Aug 8, 2020
Damn this is hard to read.

We have some similarities in our stories, and some differences too. I know what it's like to lose the love of your life. I know what it's like to threaten to CTB in front of your partner and kids. I know what it's like to blow all your money. I know what it's like to have kids that start school Tuesday.

My ex never had me put in a mental hospital (thank god) and we still communicate. My kids live with me. I know I can depend on my parents.

Anyway, I'm planning CTB Friday or Saturday. Good for you if you're able to resist. I wouldn't blame you for a second if you through with it.

Reactions: sideswipe84 and baznasty
B

baznasty

Sep 1, 2020
Damn this is hard to read.

We have some similarities in our stories, and some differences too. I know what it's like to lose the love of your life. I know what it's like to threaten to CTB in front of your partner and kids. I know what it's like to blow all your money. I know what it's like to have kids that start school Tuesday.

My ex never had me put in a mental hospital (thank god) and we still communicate. My kids live with me. I know I can depend on my parents.

Anyway, I'm planning CTB Friday or Saturday. Good for you if you're able to resist. I wouldn't blame you for a second if you through with it.
I wish you all the best in whatever you end up doing. I haven't been the best person the last few years. I took my wife and everything I had for granted now I lost it all, and everyone who loved and cared about me wants nothing to do with me

I'm glad you have your parents there for you kids if you do end up CTB. If you want to reach out and talk you can.
I hate to hurt my kids hearts but I hurt a lot inside.
probably very similar to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: sideswipe84 and bravotess
illbehave

illbehave

Sep 1, 2020
OP I am truely sorry for what has happened. I have some questions for you... You said you are an alcoholic, that is hard enough. Does alcohol influence you to tell her you want to ctb? What happens when you are sober? I only ask because when a binge drink my suicidal ideations etc get WAY WAY STRONGER. Do you still drink? I apologize if too personal. Parts of your story hit home to me. I now no longer drink or very minimal. It sounds like alcohol may have a bit to do with this, have you thought of getting treatment?

Last edited:
Reactions: baznasty and sideswipe84
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
If you got the helium from a party balloon supplier or similar it will probably be 20% air - they still say it's 99% pure.

Nitrogen from a welding supplier is another way, that is 99% pure, it has to be for the welding process. It's also used in brewing.

Reactions: baznasty
sideswipe84

sideswipe84

Aug 30, 2020
I understand completely where you're coming from and I don't blame you one bit nor pass judgment. I hope that whatever you do decide that the journey brings peace.

Reactions: AloneSoAlone, baznasty and TheQ22
B

baznasty

Sep 1, 2020
OP I am truely sorry for what has happened. I have some questions for you... You said you are an alcoholic, that is hard enough. Does alcohol influence you to tell her you want to ctb? What happens when you are sober? I only ask because when a binge drink my suicidal ideations etc get WAY WAY STRONGER. Do you still drink? I apologize if too personal. Parts of your story hit home to me. I now no longer drink or very minimal. It sounds like alcohol may have a bit to do with this, have you thought of getting treatment?
Yes I'm still drinking. It's what ruined my life. I've tried stopping. Since this all happened the drinking is worse and now I have now way out