nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
What if we live in a community in which suicide is mandatory for people above certain age (let's say 30 or 40!!!

How would this affect on :
1. Humans lifestyle
2. general community values
3. Human evolution
4. Add your point

Reactions: signifying nothing and TooConscious
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
If the limit should be as low as 30 or 40 years I think it would be difficult to maintain stability in society. For instance, there would no longer be any really experienced people in any field whatsoever.

• Love
Reactions: Celerity, SuicidallyCurious, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 8 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I really want to die before the age of 30, so I would not mind having a mandatory suicide order on me if it existed.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
This thread is a really bad idea :))

• Yay!
Reactions: Celerity, settheory, stygal and 2 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I'd join the Secret Revolutionary Society of Life-Loving Old Timers out of spite

• Yay!
Reactions: CC123, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Conflict3d and 1 other person
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
If the limit should be as low as 30 or 40 years I think it would be difficult to maintain stability in society. For instance, there would no longer be any really experienced people in any field whatsoever.
So? That might be fun.

Reactions: Sensei
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
Fixthe26 would really love this thread to "prove" their point about SS. They will spin this as something that SS would advocate for.

Reactions: anaschariac and motel rooms
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think I would be glad if this existed for me.I feel a certain amount of dread towards getting older.
I think people would take more risks in life/be more spontaneous as it will end soon. For example they might spend money more as they wont need to save it for when they are unable to work. People will generally see life as having less value, being pointless.

Reactions: stygal
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
We have a survival instinct and we age. Aging makes sure that we disappear when our biological mission is accomplished. Our death is the precondition for the evolution of life. We can overwrite our survival instinct but we cannot ignore aging. Unlike the survival instinct aging is hard wired, it seems to be very important for evolution that we die. But it is not fair, that our survival instinct is still strong when we grow old, obviously there is no evolutionary pressure on individual who don´t reproduce anymore.

I would appreciate a society in which suicide is mandatory very much, like old Eskimo societies. Unfortunately, the actual tendency goes in the opposite direction. Aging is treated as a disease which will be curable soon and dying is not allowed.

Reactions: stygal and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Would be a disaster and impossible to maintain with a modern lifestyle . Something like this may work in a primitive community . probably would need to include pseudo religious aspects

main reason it won't work in the modern era is it would send inflation through the roof . No one would ever save or economize knowing they had a fixed expiration date. Probably would create a very wasteful culture . To some extent we already see this in the modern context . Hard working nations run by white Protestants used to have severe deflation because they saved due to cultural reasons . As these nations got infiltrated by atheists and Catholics we've seen an explosion in inflation. Mostly it's the Catholics , they just have insane amounts of children and they're much more materialistic . Compare papal attire to traditional Protestants , so much luxury. Atheists are also known for spending and using for THIS LIFE. They care little for future generations in aggregate

Last edited: