scubaguy

scubaguy

Jun 30, 2020
In a note left at his father's home in South Wales, Anthony explained how he had an unnamed song going round in his head all the time which 'has killed him'.

• Aww..
Reactions: Eurus, Mixo, Brick In The Wall and 4 others
StellaArtoix

StellaArtoix

Student
Jul 25, 2020
I had never heard of this before until i read your thread. I looked it up to find out about it. Its called "Earworms". According to some Psychologist it is " An experience or an inability to dislodge a song that is last heard and prevent from repeating itself in ones head is called Last song syndrome,' "
Ive certainly experienced that before, but never knew it was a syndrome. It seems like so many things we experience in life can in someway be referred back to some condition or syndrome. Crazy.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Meditation guide, Brick In The Wall and 2 others
Saint-mal

Saint-mal

Aug 7, 2020
Imagine if it was "Baby Shark "

• Wow
Reactions: Mixo, Brick In The Wall and BipolarGuy
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
i had this happen at some point in high school. didn't help friends would purposely play it every chance they could get to make sure it didn't leave.

it was black sabbath's iron man.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Theregoesthatidea

Theregoesthatidea

ಥ﹏ಥ
Jul 7, 2020
the only song I'd be chill with being in my head forever

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: summertimestars4, laiduponit, idek0306 and 3 others
not4us

not4us

Experienced
Sep 21, 2019
Wow, didn't know there was a name for that, I definitely have this syndrome! It often makes me sleepless. In my case sometimes it helps to listen the song to the end, I mean when I listen to music, I always try to close my audio-player exactly when the last song ends, if it doesn't work I listen the song again from the start to the end. Then if even that doesn't help and I'm starting to feel like I'm about to flip out I listen to some other song and stop it in the middle :hmph:

Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
That must be torture if its a song you don't like. I can get a song stuck in my head for a couple of days at most, I couldn't deal with that though.

• Hugs
LostandTired

LostandTired

Jul 24, 2020
Based on the reaction, I'm gonna take a wild guess as to what that hyperlink leads to, and I'm just gonna avoid it. :tongue:

Dude I got that URL memorized...

Reactions: Isadeth and Brick In The Wall
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Absurd life full of suffering and problems. Everything could lead to unbearable suffering and ctb.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
So it's like an extreme version of having a song stuck in your head. I've had that but it never lasted long. And I'm grateful it didnt. I can see why that would drive someone to suicide though.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Interesting ailment, I've never heard of this before. I know music is sometimes used for psychological torture and warfare. I'd imagine this would have similar results. I hope he finally found peace.

Reactions: Mixo
Werewolf

Werewolf

Without shelter
May 12, 2020
Thats pretty interesting. I have this ability were I can listen to music in my head, not just thinking about a song but semi-hearing it, sort of like musical schizophrenia. Fortunately it doesn't get stuck in there.

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Interesting post, thanks for sharing. I have a hard time believing the song was the only reason he did it, but what do I know. May they rest in peace now.