A

alone10

140+ IQ
Jan 15, 2024
"i think its time to get taste of somthing else"
That what judge said"

Why is the judge so condescending and making jokes to show that she is from the Justice League, I feel it is unprofessional and despicable !

A part of me dont blame this guy

• Yay!
Reactions: asteroidFren, Passersby and rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
You can literally see her life flashing before her eyes

• Yay!
Reactions: eatantz and psp3000
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I mean yeah- I agree- I don't like it when judges try and turn it into entertainment. These are people's lives and futures they are deciding on. They shouldn't sound flippant about it. It's a very serious responsibility. I guess lawyers do it to try and win favour with the jury and keep their attention but judges ought to be serious when it's serious crime and serious consequences- in my view.

That said... I think the phrase she used was: 'But I think it's time HE get a taste of something else... because, I just can't with that history.' She's talking about a history of battery and robbery. So I'm guessing she's saying- you're a repeat offender and it's jail time this time... He clearly disagreed!

But yeah. How she should have phrased it maybe: 'Given your prior history of battery and robbery and the fact that you have tried to reoffend, I don't feel confident or comfortable in giving you a lesser sentence.'

Ultimately this was 'attempted battery' so- he presumably threatened or tried to hit someone- again. She probably should have phrased it differently but- the law is there to serve justice. How happy would the person he tried to hit be if he walked free after having a prior history of robbery and violence and an obvious tendency to reoffend when things trigger him? Not sure you can get more brazen than leaping over a podium at a judge in full view of a court room and police officers. I have a disliking for authority too but this guy clearly has trouble controlling his anger. Would you want to tell him bad news?

If she had said what you quoted though- definitely- that would be very mocking. Almost like- what's next? I'm bored of this! I don't think that's what she said though...

Reactions: Celerity, Lost in a Dream, psp3000 and 1 other person
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Why is the judge so condescending and making jokes to show that she is from the Justice League, I feel it is unprofessional and despicable !

A part of me dont blame this guy

I've seen stuff like this before on a show called Court Cam (condescending judges even fighting lawyers and sometimes non violent moments and comedic moments)

one that I just remembered

but usually the person outside of the judges podium doesn't get that far from what I've watched but I am shocked by this video (first time seeing it after hearing about it all week)

Last edited: