Dissappointed

Dissappointed

Apr 4, 2022
Alguém com MDD (MALADAPTIVE DAYDREAMING) aqui? Desculpe pelo meu inglês, não é meu idioma original.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: AQUA
AQUA

AQUA

Headstone
Dec 2, 2020
OMG YES! It's such a pain, isn't it?!

I personally haven't been diagnosed with anything that comes close to explaining it, so I'm assuming it's a personality thing we both have,
And for the people that haven't had these experiences, I can only say try acid (LSD) because It's almost identical to that part of an acid trip that makes doing the most simple task (e.g. washing your hands) an incredibly lengthy task lol... not that I would know, I don't do drugs haha
Episode 17 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

Even when I felt pain, such as slapping myself, I would snap right back into that state, almost like the fight club scene with the lye no word of a lie ;) . The only thing that helped even a little for me was going out of my comfort zone regularly by going to places ive never been before on quick bus day trips.

Reactions: bubo
Cosmic dust

Cosmic dust

Among the stars
Feb 28, 2022
I was thinking about a topic about this for a while now.

I believe I have that.

I carried it over from childhood, the habit of daydreaming a lot, sometimes with real people and real life, but often with completely made out characters in completely fictional and fantastic worlds. In my later teens and early 20s I daydreamed like crazy about things and always used it to escape from my problems and from reality, I tried to change that over the years, but even now, I still do it a lot to some extent, because my life is just boring, its soo boring that I can't deal with it otherwise.

Eu estava pensando em fazer um tópico sobre isso já faz um tempo.

Eu acredito que eu tenho isso.

Eu trouxe isso da minha infância, o hábito de sonhar bastante acordado, as vezes com pessoas reais e com a vida real, mas com frequência com personagens completamente inventados, em mundos completamente fictícios and fantásticos. No fim da adolescência e no inicio dos 20s, eu sonhei acordado como louco e sempre usei isso para para fugir dos problemas e da realidade, e mesmo agora, eu ainda faço isso bastante até um certo ponto, porque minha vida é entediante, tão entediante que eu acho que não conseguiria lidar com isso de outra forma.

• Love
Reactions: bubo and AQUA
AloeGarten

AloeGarten

magicka
May 14, 2021
as annoying as it is, im basically alone most of the day anyway, so i find it helps to keep myself entertained. though i have no doubt that maladaptive daydreaming while trying to lead a normal life would be problematic
OMG YES! It's such a pain, isn't it?!

I personally haven't been diagnosed with anything that comes close to explaining it, so I'm assuming it's a personality thing we both have,
And for the people that haven't had these experiences, I can only say try acid (LSD) because It's almost identical to that part of an acid trip that makes doing the most simple task (e.g. washing your hands) an incredibly lengthy task lol... not that I would know, I don't do drugs haha
Episode 17 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

Even when I felt pain, such as slapping myself, I would snap right back into that state, almost like the fight club scene with the lye no word of a lie ;) . The only thing that helped even a little for me was going out of my comfort zone regularly by going to places ive never been before on quick bus day trips.
i get what u mean, ive done a lot of acid and the racing thoughts making simple tasks seem insane is a fun experience
though i dont rly hide or deny drug use anymore, were barely on this earth for any time in terms of how much time has actually passed and will pass, i decided to just be high and enjoy everything as much as i can until its time to end it

Last edited:
Reactions: AQUA
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Yea, I have this bad. I'm like a week or so "clean"

Honestly this is the only way I survived for years in childhood and the darkest of the dark of my adult years. I feel a lot of embarrassment about it. I shouldn't though. It's a coping strategy from a tortured childhood for a lot of people.

It's got to go though. It fucked up my brain. Memory, intelligence, sense of self, emotional regulation, ability to speak as my real self. Lots of shit. I'm glad to be moving on finally and try to be a better functioning adult.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dissappointed, AQUA, WhatPowerIs and 1 other person