• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
I have gone through most of experiences of people trying to hang through partial suspension.

I would like to add and ask something which made me curious when I read about it in the Geo Stone book : Suicide and Attempted Suicide (which I suggest everyone else here reads it too)

It mentioned that hanging will be a quick and painless method if you are able to manage to not add pressure to your trachea/windpipe, but just both of the jugular veins and cartoid arteries.

So I want to brainstorm how do we go about protecting the windpipe ?
The book mentioned something about making a padding over the trachea so as to prevent it from being pressured.

Anyone has any thoughts how we can go about creating some padding and how it would look like and would work ?

Diagrams and photos will be helpful

(This has been added as a post in the hanging megathread as well)
Screenshot 2019 07 29 15 30 23 28

• Informative
Reactions: todienomore, cheese fries, thankyou and 5 others
C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
If I did read in a wrong way please If is there a merciful member that could explain me.

Talking about hanging?, I hope.

Say something about to make some padding over trachea.The matter chokes yourself. An asphyxiation.
Five or six minutes time can cause convulsions. It is a faster method.
Fine, protect your neck.

Maybe I am wrong, but partial hanging seems a weird method. I read something about some cases of sexual issues. Weird

Reactions: quinnnnnxo and lemmeeleev
F

Freedom21

May 25, 2019
If I did read in a wrong way please If is there a merciful member that could explain me.

Talking about hanging?, I hope.

Say something about to make some padding over trachea.The matter chokes yourself. An asphyxiation.
Five or six minutes time can cause convulsions. It is a faster method.
Fine, protect your neck.

Maybe I am wrong, but partial hanging seems a weird method. I read something about some cases of sexual issues. Weird
Partial is one of the best methods if u can compress your arteries. Hanging full is a risk because if u jump and get stuck you stay alert for 5 or more minutes. It's horrible to be struggling to breathe and have rope or whatever you use to dig into your neck. When they used to hang people they used the long drop and it sometimes caused erections upon death. Erotic asphyxiation is a thing and actually pretty mainstream. Idk if you're just a troll or ignorant but it's kind of shitty to call someone's method weird.

Reactions: quinnnnnxo, ahimsa, Asphyxiater and 2 others
C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
Partial is one of the best methods if u can compress your arteries. Hanging full is a risk because if u jump and get stuck you stay alert for 5 or more minutes. It's horrible to be struggling to breathe and have rope or whatever you use to dig into your neck. When they used to hang people they used the long drop and it sometimes caused erections upon death. Erotic asphyxiation is a thing and actually pretty mainstream. Idk if you're just a troll or ignorant but it's kind of shitty to call someone's method weird.

I do know nothing about partial, I already say it, but you do not,well seems to know about sexual issues.
Thanks for explanation, but I am sorry I still having doubts about this method.
If you rather to use strange instead weird....ok, no problem. It is a strange method, it is just an opinion.

I am a classical, sorry. Hanging means hanging, sure you will to understand. Thanks in advance.
And I do repeat you........................ it is just an opinon like anybody else.

Reactions: Trapped123 and lemmeeleev
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I have gone through most of experiences of people trying to hang through partial suspension.

I would like to add and ask something which made me curious when I read about it in the Geo Stone book : Suicide and Attempted Suicide (which I suggest everyone else here reads it too)

It mentioned that hanging will be a quick and painless method if you are able to manage to not add pressure to your trachea/windpipe, but just both of the jugular veins and cartoid arteries.

The book mentioned something about making a padding over the trachea so as to prevent it from being pressured.

Anyone has any thoughts how we can go about creating some padding and how it would look like and would work ?

View attachment 14177

In terms of padding, I've only ever used a washcloth placed lengthwise along the noose. I found that this, along with putting lotion on my neck, reduces chaffing and the visibility of any red marks left behind. Haven't noticed any major impact the washcloth has on reducing pain though, that seems to be related to how lucky you are with the amount of pressure applied and what parr's of the neck you hit. When all goes well, I start to lose consciousness in a quick and pleasant way that doesn't cause pain or affect my breathing much. When things don't go well, I get a lot of pressure in my head, difficulty breathing, no feelings of faintness, and pain the windpipe. I seem to have streaks of success and streaks of failure and haven't hit on the perfect method, though i really thought I had for about six months since I was able to near faint reliably

Reactions: todienomore, Righttodie and lemmeeleev
Gorgon

Gorgon

A sad sad
May 1, 2019
The OP has a good point. I went and looked at some diagrams and honestly I think it would be possible. Do you know wher the paramedics check your pulse? Right by the curve of you jaw? Those are the arteries so I guess with like a modified neck brace you might be able to pull it off.

Reactions: Righttodie
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019

It's thought that the phenomenon of post mortem erections is caused by hypostasis, viz. the pooling of blood in the lower levels of a corpse due to gravity. Given that men were often left hanging for an hour or so after death, there was time for pooling blood to engorge the vessels in the penis.

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
It's thought that the phenomenon of post mortem erections is caused by hypostasis, viz. the pooling of blood in the lower levels of a corpse due to gravity. Given that men were often left hanging for an hour or so after death, there was time for pooling blood to engorge the vessels in the penis.
He may also be referring to the fact that some people participate in auto erotic asphyxiation to potentiate their orgasms (and many of them end up dying). But I feel like that of thought from @calendulo was not well informed and was bordering on thread hijacking.

To get back to the main point, what OP was describing is done using corn filled fabric bags in the night night method (see megathread on this site).

John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
In terms of padding, I've only ever used a washcloth placed lengthwise along the noose. I found that this, along with putting lotion on my neck, reduces chaffing and the visibility of any red marks left behind. Haven't noticed any major impact the washcloth has on reducing pain though, that seems to be related to how lucky you are with the amount of pressure applied and what parr's of the neck you hit. When all goes well, I start to lose consciousness in a quick and pleasant way that doesn't cause pain or affect my breathing much. When things don't go well, I get a lot of pressure in my head, difficulty breathing, no feelings of faintness, and pain the windpipe. I seem to have streaks of success and streaks of failure and haven't hit on the perfect method, though i really thought I had for about six months since I was able to near faint reliably
Partial or full?

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
To get back to the main point, what OP was describing is done using corn filled fabric bags in the night night method (see megathread on this site).

Those "corn bags" can easily be replaced with socks filled to the desired capacity with rice, dried peas/beans or whatever you have on hand. (Well, probably not ramen noodles.)

veren4h92l

veren4h92l

Aug 15, 2019
Hi,

maybe the padding of the tracheae will chocke you more as it put's more pressure on it. Does it make sense to spare the tracheae and simply pad the area right on both sides? As this could minimize pressure of the airway indirectly. Guess it will be a bit uncomfortable, anyway.

Reactions: TapeMachine
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018

View attachment 14177
thank for info i want end my life by partial hanging

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
From my experience padding is not necessary even for full hanging. A sufficient thick rope will do. You only need enaugh pressure to close your carotids, additional pressure is only additional pain.

Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
From my experience padding is not necessary even for full hanging. A sufficient thick rope will do. You only need enaugh pressure to close your carotids, additional pressure is only additional pain.
I disagree. Padding is a good thing for full. And I'm not sure how you had experience of full? That rings alarm bells with me..

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
I disagree. Padding is a good thing for full. And I'm not sure how you had experience of full? That rings alarm bells with me..
It´s no problem to experience full hanging if a partner lets you down as soon as you passed out. What alarm bells?