phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
Hanging is a method I've never been fond of. I've tried to hang myself in the past and never like it, I didn't feel comfortable and couldn't let myself hang there long enough to black out. After the failed attempts, I vowed never to attempt hanging again unless I had no other choice. And well now, I'm out of options and it will be the only way I'm getting out of this world.

My question is, is there anyway to make the whole process a little more comfortable?
To help with SI, I'll be consuming some alcohol beforehand but what about the actual hanging part? When I tried partial in the past, I used a leather belt which might be the reason why it was uncomfortable. Would using a rope make any difference? Or is there anything else I could use to make it a bit more comfortable?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Kikoo Loool
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
A rope makes it really better you will pass out quick. MAybe use a hood like at an execution that the rope do not rub on your neck. And do full suspension you will black out sooner

Reactions: phoenixx and NoDream
Menschenfeind

Menschenfeind

Jan 25, 2019
Getting drunk is a good way, in my opinion. I would recommend the "how to hang yourself" thread. Besides that, look for a comfortable rope. I made a mistake and tried it with a burlap rope first: that was very uncomfortable. A huge improvement was a nylon rope, it's worth a try.

Reactions: cerbo12 and phoenixx
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
I think using a well paded nylon rope high up on your neck is theway to go without too much pain. And the little pain there is should vanish after a few secs from the drowsiness kicking in. I actually love the feeling i almost killed myself a couple of times by accident during the trail runs when i attached the rope instead of holding it in my hand cuz once i get drowsy it feels really good and i dont wanna stop lol.

Reactions: HGL91, Worndown, phoenixx and 1 other person
phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
A rope makes it really better you will pass out quick. MAybe use a hood like at an execution that the rope do not rub on your neck. And do full suspension you will black out sooner
Getting drunk is a good way, in my opinion. I would recommend the "how to hang yourself" thread. Besides that, look for a comfortable rope. I made a mistake and tried it with a burlap rope first: that was very uncomfortable. A huge improvement was a nylon rope, it's worth a try.

I think using a well paded nylon rope high up on your neck is theway to go without too much pain. And the little pain there is should vanish after a few secs from the drowsiness kicking in. I actually love the feeling i almost killed myself a couple of times by accident during the trail runs when i attached the rope instead of holding it in my hand cuz once i get drowsy it feels really good and i dont wanna stop lol.
Thank you, this is all really helpful. Feeling a bit better about using the hanging method now

I'm guessing with the paded nylon rope, you have to do the padding yourself? What could you use?

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
I am researching something similar and ended up reading the book by Geo stone : Suicide and attempted Suicide

He talks about using s padding to protect the trachea from being pressured, because that will cause pain, but if it's applied to just the veins and arteries, it will be painless and quick.

So I am wondering what kind of padding can be used to protect the trachea and how to go about it.
Photos, diagrams would be great. Screenshot 2019 07 29 15 30 23 28

Reactions: ztupidity
Z

ztupidity

May 9, 2019
i wanna know too ^

Reactions: Righttodie
TwistedMinds

TwistedMinds

Jul 30, 2019
Try a double folded towel seems to help a bit

C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
I have a couple of doubts about this thread.

Is this thread about partial or full/complete?.

And last one. About partial.

If you that it makes more comfortable, then you make it less reliable, as well
Is a risk?