Y

yoyogirl

Oct 19, 2021
Hi all,

You know that covid ping app that's been causing a lot of issues recently with people getting pinged, I have been making use of the ping app as a way of getting out of going to places so I can have time on YouTube, I know this stupid , silly and I would never do it on placement or uni related but I really hate going to these groups SS or mental health keep sending me on for loneliness or isolation and I feel I can do stuff at home that's more meaningful and less triggering for my depression and giving that I don't really like leaving the house unless I have to I,e for placement, exercise, uni, hospital reasons, shopping or see family. I mostly mess about on YouTube/Netflix or watch stuff I occasionally enjoy, but it's more meaningful to me than sitting at some group making lame ass conversations with ex clients of mine. Hardly gonna inspire me to go again. So I take screen shot of the timer and say that my aunt caught COVID-19 they aint gonna know make a few coughs and woah it's watch out Netflix here I come. I wished this app was invented years ago then I wouldn't have to of gone through the pain and misery of being messed about 100s of times by flaky people and the increased depression and anxiety it causes.

but at the time I was desperate for friends and company that I would do anything so I could be with someone, but now I have learnt hard lesson don't trust flaky people.

it doesn't matter if the group is at one end of my county or the other, I ain't gonna turn for an hour and half, just for the conversation to be about the weather ffs or to get there waste my time and to find that no one has arrived and there often isn't paid staff/volunteer at all. its just easy for me to have extra lay in and not spending an hour getting there and back. Which isn't always good for my fibromyalgia, as the next few hours or days I physically don't always have energy if you can imagine. Anyone with a long term pain issue knows with pain comes a lot of fatigue and it's not just the sleepiness in the day kinda feeling we all experience at around 11pm. Zzz