willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
This is not necessarily a method as I'm aware the odds are not in my favor, it's more of a self harm attempt that I'm hoping will do me a favor and take me out while I'm at it. However I've done a good amount of investigating and I was curious if anyone had any of their own input into this. Again, don't tell me how stupid this is, I'm aware, as I said this is a self harm attempt more than anything. I'm just looking into if anyone has any ideas as to potential factors that may make this more or less lethal.

I have not eaten in almost 48 hours, and yesterday I drank 4oz of apple juice, 1.5 cups of coffee with just a splash of skim milk, and 2 sugar free hard candies. All of that was to get me through a long physically demanding shift at work. Since I got home, I have consumed nothing but very large amounts of Magnesium Oxide. I've had 72 500mg tablets so far. According to my research, only about 15% of that is absorbed and the rest is excreted in feces or urine. By that logic, each tablet really only gives your body 75mg of magnesium. 75*72 and I am currently at 5400mg and counting. 5000mg is considered the point at which magnesium toxicity can occur. I am very dehydrated, so not peeing, and have at this point fully emptied my bowels from the laxative effect. That means unless I start vomiting, my body will have no way to excrete the excess. I plan to take the full 100 tablets in the bottle, which by the 76mg absorbed assumption would have me absorbing 7500mg of magnesium.

Severe magnesium toxicity can lead to respiratory depression, respiratory paralysis, and ultimately cardiac arrest. I truly hope my body can't handle this. If it can then oh well, guess I live again. But God I hope I luck out.

R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
Wow, you've done your research! This sounds rather unpleasant but likely effective. I hope when the time comes that it's remarkably painless and a smooth transition. Hope the bus is on time...ciao!

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023

misleading if you just read the start, the posts at the end are important

i think you need another bottle to be in the right mg dose. Unsure about the dynamics of that exact type.

do you feel lethargic yet, slow heart rate? Tracking these things can help you guess at how much is absorbed.

constipation is a concern, it paralyzes the gut iirc

Last edited:
willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020

misleading if you just read the start, the posts at the end are important

i think you need another bottle to be in the right mg dose. Unsure about the dynamics of that exact type.

do you feel lethargic yet, slow heart rate? Tracking these things can help you guess at how much is absorbed.

constipation is a concern, it paralyzes the gut iirc
Constipation is not a concern as, as I said earlier, my bowels have been cleaned out already by the laxative effect and I have not had any food. I did just end up breaking my fast with clear liquids but that won't effect my bowels.

I do feel lethargic though there are a multitude of factors going into that I'm sure. My heart rate has not started to drop yet, though I'm monitoring it closely. I've also been checking my patellar reflexes as that reflex going away is an early indicator. Nothing yet.

Reactions: todienomore
willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
I ended up stopping before I finished the bottle as I was not showing any symptoms of toxicity and I was already experiencing the self harm effects of severe diarrhea and just a general feeling of awfulness. Out of an odd sense of curiosity, though, I plan to try this again in a different way. Next time I intend to fast and dehydrate myself again, and then I plan to take magnesium glycinate. This is the most bioavailable form of magnesium, meaning your body absorbs more of it and excretes less of it. I have found bottles of 200mg tablets of it, and assuming this form allows for 25% absorption, the body will take in about 50mg of Magnesium per tablet. If I were to reach 10000mg of magnesium absorption, that would be 200 tablets. I get an odd thrill out of seeing how much I can fuck my body over.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Deleted member 65988
willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
I'm not fully fasting today, however I am liquid fasting. I may decide not to do it tomorrow due to the fact that I won't be dehydrated. If I don't do it tonig by I will have to wait until the weekend as I have work and other obligations that would interfere. Most likely I will do it on Saturday. I will be following the plan above.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

I'm not fully fasting today, however I am liquid fasting. I may decide not to do it tomorrow due to the fact that I won't be dehydrated. If I don't do it tonig by I will have to wait until the weekend as I have work and other obligations that would interfere. Most likely I will do it on Saturday. I will be following the plan above.
All the best with this, it sounds rather elaborate.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
All the best with this, it sounds rather elaborate.
The hardest part last time was trying to swallow all the pills without drinking anything. I had to do it one at a time and often felt like they were stuck in my throat. After awhile the diahrea also became very painful, however this form of magnesium is less likely to cause that.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and Praestat_Mori
D

Deleted member 65988

The hardest part last time was trying to swallow all the pills without drinking anything. I had to do it one at a time and often felt like they were stuck in my throat. After awhile the diahrea also became very painful, however this form of magnesium is less likely to cause that.
Is this worse than SN because it definitely sounds like it.

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
Is this worse than SN because it definitely sounds like it.
Having survived an SN attempt, in its own way. SN was very uncomfortable but it was relatively quick. On the discomfort scale, this is lower, but much more drawn out. Albeit I did not get far enough to be at a lethal stage with the magnesium last time, like I've said before this is honestly more of a self harm attempt that could kill me than a true suicide attempt. I don't think this is something many people would be willing to try, but I'm used to causing myself extreme discomfort and pain. I do it all the time because my head is so fucked up I feel the need to.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

Having survived an SN attempt, in its own way. SN was very uncomfortable but it was relatively quick. On the discomfort scale, this is lower, but much more drawn out. Albeit I did not get far enough to be at a lethal stage with the magnesium last time, like I've said before this is honestly more of a self harm attempt that could kill me than a true suicide attempt. I don't think this is something many people would be willing to try, but I'm used to causing myself extreme discomfort and pain. I do it all the time because my head is so fucked up I feel the need to.
That's an interesting comparison but SN is quicker.

Hold on, If this is more of a self-harm attempt then and the uncomfortable aspect of it is more drawn out than SN then keep doing this? I know you said you do it for the reason you mentioned above but I feel really bad having to hear do this to yourself for the sake of causing extreme discomfort and pain towards yourself, I know it's ultimately your choice though.
Having survived an SN attempt, in its own way.
Yeah, your sn attempt was one of the few I came across here.

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
I've decided to essentially "pretreat" myself with some magnesium in the days leading up to Saturday in order to increase my magnesium levels even prior to the massive dose. I've still got some left from a couple weeks ago and I've taken probably 20-25 of them today. I'll continue to take some the next few days so that my magnesium levels will hopefully be on the higher side. Hypothetically this would cause an even more toxic concentration in my blood.