• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
Time is moving on and even the rich, famous, talented get swept along with everyone else.

Reactions: uxorious, BlackDragonof1989, Comatose11 and 1 other person
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
Agreed. I know that fortunately, people will move on real quick.

Reactions: Darkdreamer001 and lv-gras
K

KCN

El revisionismo en castillano
Jul 16, 2018
Time is moving on and even the rich, famous, talented get swept along with everyone else.

Well, I'd say that rich and "successful" people share the same biology as poor and broken ones, we're all part of the same species, after all...

Fame/glory is really a religion. It makes people shine under a spotlight that shouldn't even be there in the first place

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, Comatose11, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 1 other person
BlackDragonof1989

BlackDragonof1989

Mage
Jul 12, 2018
Yeah I saw that yesterday at the gym about Aretha, and indeed none of us are immune. Also, a cynical part of me wondered, "Why is this important compared to others' deaths, why one death is known the world over, figuratively, while a child who barely had a chance at life is killed brutally after starving nearly to death all his life?" I suppose eulogizing celebrities and what they stood for may help inspire people, but that's so complicated, due to many of us having idealism almost subconsciously, or at least some, while the reality falls from the ideals, cognitive dissonance sets in, maybe it's optimism bias, survival instinct, a coping mechanism.

I don't judge it as much as accept it's just there as part of our species, it's perhaps why people become parts of various fringe groups, they feel like they're an underdog or outcast (that's why I came here actually, at least some of the reason), or they identify with certain aspects of the person or group, I suppose same goes for celebrities. But it all seems terribly unfair and random, doesn't it?

Last edited: