smh

smh

professional flipper
Oct 31, 2023
I really dont want to get sent to a psych ward and when i last talked to him i maybe shared too much he said he wanted to admit me in one but also that he "respected my choice"..? So now i want to tell him that im way better that i discovered the true meaning of xmas or something so he leaves me the fuck alone. But i know he isnt dumb so what can i say/do so he (without me telling him) thinks that im not suicidal anymore? Maybe some of you know their script and whats the correct answer.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, edu0z and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Probably tell them that you have positive plans for the future: such as new as a new job, relationship, or start going to the gym or whatever.
If they think you are genuinely optimistic about the future they will hopefully leave you alone.

• Love
Reactions: jinx <3, Kit1 and smh
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
I really dont want to get sent to a psych ward and when i last talked to him i maybe shared too much he said he wanted to admit me in one but also that he "respected my choice"..? So now i want to tell him that im way better that i discovered the true meaning of xmas or something so he leaves me the fuck alone. But i know he isnt dumb so what can i say/do so he (without me telling him) thinks that im not suicidal anymore? Maybe some of you know their script and whats the correct answer.
I don't know if you are used to being introspective and honest with your feelings with your psychiatrist... but I would probably say something like: "everything I said, now I realize that I was really just seeking attention and it was emotional and absurd." or something like that

Reactions: Kit1, WAITING TO DIE and smh
smh

smh

professional flipper
Oct 31, 2023
I don't know if you are used to being introspective and honest with your feelings with your psychiatrist... but I would probably say something like: "everything I said, now I realize that I was really just seeking attention and it was emotional and absurd." or something like that
this is actually so good tysm you saved me from getting sent to "jail"

Reactions: Kit1
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Just negate everything you said previously and claim that you said and thought such things aiming to get attention.

Reactions: Kit1 and WAITING TO DIE
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
First, are you suicidal and require hospitalization? If no, I would change doctors.

Suicide ideations are a symptom of your mental illness, therefore you shouldn't be afraid to talk about it with your psychiatrist. A psych ward threat from your mental health team is not appropriate if you're not at danger of harming yourself.

Before discussing suicide ideations, say, "I have these suicidal thoughts I want to talk about in today's session, but I am not in danger of harming myself."

"Please don't call the police to my house—I won't harm myself. I want to share what I've experienced to better understand my mental illness and rule out medication side effects that can cause suicidal thoughts."

Remember, you're paying for mental health treatment, and the customer is always right! Tell your psychiatrist what you expect, because lies won't help you get better.

Psych wards charge insurance companies $45,000 or more for a 30-day stay. They need you, more than you need them!

Reactions: Action, WAITING TO DIE and Regen
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Honestly I would rather die than ne sectioned into an psychiatric hospital. The psychiatrist I saw once in person and the next time online - due to me.trying to keep myself alive for my children, he thinks that I am low risk due to "protective factors" and leaves me alone. If you have any children, pets or anyone you care foe, you can always mention them as protective factor and hopefully they will leave you alone.

Seriously unless you really want to be admitted to a psychiatric ward, try and avoid those places. I live in the UK and wards and care places are full of horror stories.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and person357
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Honestly I would rather die than ne sectioned into an psychiatric hospital. The psychiatrist I saw once in person and the next time online - due to me.trying to keep myself alive for my children, he thinks that I am low risk due to "protective factors" and leaves me alone. If you have any children, pets or anyone you care foe, you can always mention them as protective factor and hopefully they will leave you alone.

Seriously unless you really want to be admitted to a psychiatric ward, try and avoid those places. I live in the UK and wards and care places are full of horror stories.
Yeah, I live in Manchester and was sectioned. The " gestapo " who run the place were abusive and not fit for purpose.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Little_Suzy, smh and Kit1