orangepotato

orangepotato

Student
Mar 26, 2020
I filled out the form until I got to where they ask for a photo ID. Is this required? How do I get past this if I'm not old enough (I'm 34)

Reactions: sourpink and Darkhaven
neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
It's required, that's how they enforce the age restriction. If you somehow manage to scam your way in to being a member share the handbook here, though!

Note that the pinned suicide resource thread has a somewhat outdated copy of the PPeH, if that's all you need.

Reactions: sourpink, Darkhaven, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
I filled out the form until I got to where they ask for a photo ID. Is this required? How do I get past this if I'm not old enough (I'm 34)
Hmm, if you're desperate for the new version, could you apply for it in a friend's/parent's name?

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
They will need your ID, I really want the new version too so I guess we'll just have to hope someone else gets it and posts it here:(

Reactions: patheticpartner
pen

pen

it's A non Getting Down socializing situation
Dec 25, 2020
Or find anyone here who's 50 and ask him to buy it, we could Fundraising it.

S

Snatsbats

Student
Jan 9, 2021
Just use your parents id. I did that too. You have to be a little creative. A little sneaky

Reactions: Red Desert, Buffy5120 and heliumornitrogen
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Is a photo of you holding the ID necessary?
Or just a pic of the ID??

Reactions: RainAndSadness
neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
From what I can tell you have to send in a photo of yourself holding your ID in order to join the forums. If you're just buying the PPeH it looks like you have to give your age and descriptor of why you want the book so you could probably get away with it. I have no idea how much scrutiny they give to new applicants/purchases.

Has anyone considered funding the lifetime subscription via the forum and then having a user (presumably a mod) buy the membership? Then we won't have to wait around hoping that someone will upload the newest version anymore. Costs less than a bottle of N from A ;)

H

heliumornitrogen

Oct 22, 2020
Yes it´s required. I am also under age but I got the ebook using my partners passport. My partner passed away last year.
Is a photo of you holding the ID necessary?
Or just a pic of the ID??
You just need to upload a photo of your ID.
It's required, that's how they enforce the age restriction. If you somehow manage to scam your way in to being a member share the handbook here, though!

Note that the pinned suicide resource thread has a somewhat outdated copy of the PPeH, if that's all you need.
I scammed my way in and have the ebook...not sure how to share it here though as have to sign in each time??

Last edited:
Reactions: neitherherenorthere
neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
I've seen several editions in pdf format, but I'm not sure how that was managed. It could be that you used to be able to just save it, but they figured out that people were sharing the book and put in some kind of preventative measure. I guess theoretically you could print screen every page but that would be a huge amount of work and you'd still be left with a format that's inconvenient to read. Maybe dig around in the page source and see what you find?

Reactions: heliumornitrogen
pen

pen

Dec 25, 2020
Yes it´s required. I am also under age but I got the ebook using my partners passport. My partner passed away last year.

You just need to upload a photo of your ID.

I scammed my way in and have the ebook...not sure how to share it here though as have to sign in each time??
Hey

Just send the new Email via PM to me or a Mod, and post any new method (salts) in a new thread.

Thank you so much

sourpink

sourpink

Student
Aug 27, 2020
I'm sorry about your partner and whatever has led you to this conclusion.
.... but perhaps I'll be the one to point out to the rest of us here that we shouldn't allow minors/kids to have accounts here??

edit - maybe I misunderstood and that person is just under 50, not under age as one would normally mean. my bad!

Last edited:
H

heliumornitrogen

Oct 22, 2020
I'm sorry about your partner and whatever has led you to this conclusion.
.... but perhaps I'll be the one to point out to the rest of us here that we shouldn't allow minors/kids to have accounts he
I think you misunderstood, I´m not a minor, I´m just under the age that peaceful pill require to purchase the handbook, which is 50

sourpink

sourpink

Student
Aug 27, 2020
I think you misunderstood, I´m not a minor, I´m just under the age that peaceful pill require to purchase the handbook, which is 50
I definitely misunderstood! I'm so sorry.
I stumbled upon someone outing themselves as being a teenager around here some time back and my dumbass brain leapt to inaccurate conclusions without critical thinking. I'm so sorry - I hadn't thought you'd meant under PPH's required age.

• Hugs
H

heliumornitrogen

Oct 22, 2020
I definitely misunderstood! I'm so sorry.
I stumbled upon someone outing themselves as being a teenager around here some time back and my dumbass brain leapt to inaccurate conclusions without critical thinking. I'm so sorry - I hadn't thought you'd meant under PPH's required age.
Haha no problem at all
I've seen several editions in pdf format, but I'm not sure how that was managed. It could be that you used to be able to just save it, but they figured out that people were sharing the book and put in some kind of preventative measure. I guess theoretically you could print screen every page but that would be a huge amount of work and you'd still be left with a format that's inconvenient to read. Maybe dig around in the page source and see what you find?
Yeah, I think they have put in preventative measures like you said. I cant even copy paste.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sourpink
pen

pen

Dec 25, 2020
Haha no problem at all

Yeah, I think they have put in preventative measures like you said. I cant even copy paste.
You, just have to open it using a OCR pdf editor software.

It'll read the PDF image and transform it to a text.

PM me I can send the program.

Manford

Manford

Student
Dec 7, 2020
Amazon has the 2020 edition for 95 $. Suicidewiki has the e editions for free. Why do you need to go through an organization to buy it ?

neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
Amazon has the 2020 edition for 95 $. Suicidewiki has the e editions for free. Why do you need to go through an organization to buy it ?
The wiki has an out of date version (Mar 2020, most recent update is this month) and I think the one on Amazon is a couple months older than that. It's more about making sure people have the most up to date info than anything else, especially on where to buy certain things. Waiting for the 2021 book to come out on Amazon is an option, of course.