Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Does anybody else feel that living in a battle of the fittest type society is soul destroying? I mean it seems to all be about making babies, having a great paying job, buying a house and going on expensive holidays. But those goals are not realistic for everybody and the ones who are left behind are made to feel like losers. Society has a lot to answer for as do the corporate elites who advertise us to death about what they want to be social norms. It truly is a bent out of shape world.

• Love
Reactions: ShutUpEli, AE2021, Zzzzz and 16 others
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
Our society is rotten. It made random rules we have to abide, have to sort ourselves into stereotypes and cathegories. If you don't fit into any cathegory or stereotype, you are a worthless outcast.

Pro-lifers say "all life is precious", but society values humans most that have achieved something in their life. Good job, family, basically what you said. It's like a horse gets more expensive the more contests it has won.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: ShutUpEli, AE2021, bea1974 and 4 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I failed in all categories and my method is hard and painful. Life is good.

Reactions: ShutUpEli
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Ive given up on acquiring success and money in this life, its all pointless, you cant take anything from this life into the void of nothingness.

Reactions: ShutUpEli, FuneralCry, Ame and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
You've depicted it perfectly.
Normal people just don't really think and do the things you mentioned.

They never wonder about existing, the universe, the origin of everything, why there's something rather than nothing, what a cruel place this world really is, etc.

Reactions: FuneralCry and AE2021
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I agree. It makes me despise being human. It is all pointless however in the end as death makes all of that stuff meaningless. It would be better not to exist at all.

Reactions: AE2021 and demuic
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
It's true that societies can promote toxic competition that cause feelings of inadequacy when people fall short of their expectations. They can also allow a hierarchy where some are clearly above others, which I find repugnant. Most societies have a plethora of problems to sort out before I'm willing to call any of them a truly good thing. The 'battle of the fittest' is really a value that is baked into reality, beyond any society. We are literally products of this kind of barbaric and disgusting process (natural selection). Nobly, we're trying to overcome this dumb and heartless paradigm with our own intelligent design (AI and tech in general), but the damage is done, and continues to be done to this day. There are people who resent technological progress and believe that we're much better off staying at the mercy of nature and all its evils - "nature is how its supposed to be, let the weak die". And I cannot understand these people. What a nasty worldview.

Reactions: stevieu, FuneralCry and AE2021
WOODESITY

WOODESITY

Experienced
Mar 15, 2019
I personally think entirely systems are designed for certain reasons and some are controlling and maintaining it. But when that system doesn't do good to someone, what happens then, thinking about how powerless I'm, and how much effect I can have on it, this is why I always resort to opting out, one day, that insanity of modern society will reach my threshold where I just have guts to do something about it, to exit, because I can't make it better, nor that I've power

Reactions: FuneralCry and AE2021
A

AE2021

Experienced
Sep 21, 2020
I agree, it is a very bent out of shape world. If you don't conform and join the "club" of those who constantly compete to achieve all the mainstream bullshit, you are seen as a misfit / lesser being or any number of derogatory labels. But to me, those who question all of that mind controlled bullshit and want to live a kinder, thoughtful, compassionate life is what is real. I see repeatedly on this website individuals who just want a peaceful life without having to prove ourselves to the mainstream majority. We have seen the underbelly of modern culture and don't want much to do with it, but where does that leave us? We still have to survive until we decide to make our exit.

• Love
Reactions: FuneralCry and demuic