Ozzyno

Ozzyno

Lovely loner.
Oct 10, 2024
I was watching a famous chef talking about his opinions on various topics… the interviewer asked him if he loves his animals and he responded 'I respect them as animals, but I don't want to humanise them like some people do, some people have a dog or a cat and they treat them like you would treat a person'.

These lucky people, with a nice partner, functioning relationships and sons/daughters, really don't understand that in this world there are other people that were so unlucky with relationships that NEED to humanise their pets. I'm 26 yo, the place where I live is a shithole full of close minded motherfuckers, I couldn't make many friends (I have 5 at most, that I see once a month), I cannot meet any woman with the same interests as me, hence I don't want to spend time with any woman that I've ever met in person, and my parents are divorced, I don't want to talk with my dad.

Once my grandparents will be dead (less than 10 years to go) I will only have ONE person in this world: my mother. How could I not humanise a pet in that situation? For fuck sake I will humanise even my sofa at my house because I need to talk with someone sometimes!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MatrixPrisoner, Joarga, lv-nii and 3 others
FujoshiNeet

FujoshiNeet

✌️ you are mentally ill ✌️
Jan 21, 2024
Your pets are viable sources of comfort. Don't let normies who would have no issue with chaining them up outside in the rain tell you differently. They have feelings too and love that you are with them at that moment. If that's all we have, so what. That bond is so strong because you are both depending on each other for survival.

• Love
Reactions: MatrixPrisoner, Joarga and Ozzyno
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
You're not alone in feeling that way; a lot of people deeply connect with their pets, especially if they've had difficulties forming close relationships with others.

• Hugs
Eternal Eyes

Eternal Eyes

Student
Dec 3, 2023
"You can tell a lot about a man by how he treats his dogs".

And like wise, you can tell a lot about a man (or human in general) by how they DON'T treat their animals! Even if I had a thousand friends I'd STILL make time for my cats. Most my friends from my experience love animals anyway.

The people who abuse and abandon animals are the lowest form of scum. I'll always stand by that, because animals love their owners unconditionally.

• Hugs