anne neum

anne neum

Sep 12, 2023
There are two people I love. They both really care for me and I care for them. I cannot see future where I leave one or the other and be happy. I cannot cheat on either. I can't hurt them. But I can ctb.
Should I? How would you manage this?

ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
I feel like ctb is pretty low on the solution list if this is everything

• Informative
Reactions: lavender143once, avaruus, NoFutureAnymore and 5 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Why would it be cheating? You don't have to date both of them at the same time.

To answer question, I don't think you should ctb. They wouldn't want that, either.

There's another option here, you wait until one of them finds a partner and then you can ask the other one out. Everybody wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: lavender143once and DeadlineDialer
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
Have you considered staying friends or platonic lovers with both of them, and not getting in a romantic / sexual relationship at all?

Or how about not blaming yourself for your biological urges, and going along with what the moment brings?

Reminding oneself that all humans are disgusting, pathetic beasts that will age, die and rot might also help make one detached from being blinded by emotions. But that's just my spice added to the mix.

I'd keep thinking for a couple of weeks, at least through a full hormonal cycle (males and intersex have one as well), and go along with whatever feels right in the long run.

Is suicide something you've wanted to do for a long time now?

Reactions: avaruus, anne neum and DeadlineDialer
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
I'd like to address a potential scenario based on the information provided in the original post. If someone finds themselves in the situation of dating two individuals simultaneously, there's a challenging and emotionally taxing decision they must make. Ultimately, it's a personal choice whether to take this route.

The best course of action in this situation is for the person to be transparent with both of their partners about the existence of the other. This assumes that the partners are unaware of each other's presence in their lives. It's important to anticipate that this revelation may elicit strong emotions, such as surprise, disappointment, or even anger from both partners, as they may not have been aware of the situation. However, it's essential for everyone involved to have this information. After all, no one would want to discover that someone they are seriously involved with has been dating others behind their back.

If the person is already dating both individuals with their full knowledge and consent, then there is no inherent issue. In such a case, it can be assumed that all parties involved are comfortable with the situation, and it should naturally progress without the need for any drastic actions or interventions.

Reactions: anne neum and DeadlineDialer
DeadlineDialer

DeadlineDialer

Traversing the grid of death
Sep 20, 2023
I think you should really consider your other options here. I'm not demeaning your feelings, but I really don't think CTB will solve this for anyone.

If anything, it sounds like a potential source of happiness, if you truly feel it is, you should pursue it.

Keep in mind that dating one person doesn't mean the other stops existing. You can maintain a friendship with them, you just have to reach out to them and talk about it.

Reactions: lavender143once, anne neum and Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
I've encountered this situation on a few occasions, typically when I'm aware that two or more people have expressed romantic interest in me simultaneously. In such cases, I've chosen to date them one after the other naturally, rather than simultaneously. Fortunately, this approach has consistently led to positive outcomes for me.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: The Burning Fool and DeadlineDialer
anne neum

anne neum

Sep 12, 2023
I thank you for your replies. I already talked with both and my gf said it would hurt her. I don't want that, so I probably stop engaging with the other. The other guy doesn't mind my gf, and agrees to withdraw, but we both have intense feelings for each other. So naturally I will be experiencing great deal of pain.

• Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: DeadlineDialer, The Burning Fool and Suicidebydeath
Baldwin IV

Baldwin IV

Cat Lover
Sep 21, 2023
I thank you for your replies. I already talked with both and my gf said it would hurt her. I don't want that, so I probably stop engaging with the other. The other guy doesn't mind my gf, and agrees to withdraw, but we both have intense feelings for each other. So naturally I will be experiencing great deal of pain.
Keep strong and hope you and your gf find a source of happyness in each other.

• Love
Reactions: DeadlineDialer and anne neum
anne neum

anne neum

Sep 12, 2023
I hate myself so much because I cannot be content with one, so I will get neither. And I will hurt both. And myself.
Considering ctb, I am naturally mentally ill, so this is just icing on the cake. I am hurting people and made my gf cry because of my indecency.
My libido is higher than hers. I wanted to take f hormones to both change and kill my libido (I am nonbinary) , but she doesn't want me to do it. I don't want kids, neither does she.
Other person is new to my life and he is really affirming, but this relationship is strictly virtual.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: DeadlineDialer and Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
It appears that your current situation involves being in a committed relationship with your girlfriend, while this new person has recently entered your life. It's worth noting that the new person might not experience the same level of emotional attachment given the shorter duration of your acquaintance. Generally, people tend to be resilient, and they can adapt to such situations, at least that's how I would perceive it.

Dealing with a heightened libido can be approached in various ways, and it doesn't necessarily have to result in pursuing a romantic relationship outside your current one. You can explore alternative methods to address this issue, such as finding ways to increase your girlfriend's desire, and additionally often desire can be present but not explicitly expressed so she might want more intimacy than you know. Additionally, many couples who are capable of having children choose not to, so you aren't obligated to follow a traditional path in that regard.

Regarding the romantic component in your relationship with the new person, it's a valid question to ask if it was necessary. Maintaining a platonic friendship is also an option, as friends can provide affirmation and emotional support. In most cases, I wouldn't agree to give up close friends for the sake of a romantic partner, although this situation is different since you met the new person after beginning your relationship. However, you can assure your girlfriend that your intentions are not malicious, as you have been open and honest with her about the situation.

Reactions: DeadlineDialer and anne neum
anne neum

anne neum

Sep 12, 2023
thank you very much for your thoughtful answer. I cut contact with the new person. I will search for nembutal in my area. I need it to sedate or kms. sorry if i ve bothered anyone

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: DeadlineDialer and Suicidebydeath
strawb12

strawb12

Student
Mar 26, 2023
I could never be in a poly relationship myself but it sounds like it might be a good option for you to consider