2011.HondaCivic

2011.HondaCivic

Jun 2, 2021
Hello, I decided to come here for this particular issue because, well, I don't have anyone else to really talk to anymore. I'll get to the story: in early July of this year I made a new friend that I only met once in person before. I was really bored so I started reaching out to random friends I don't remember that I have added on discord, and she just so happened to be one of those people. We started talking everyday, and we started to become really close friends, which was really refreshing to me because up until then I had nobody to talk to consistently, and as a result my motivations to do anything were nigh zero. Anyway, while we were close, I thought that it would be left at that, close friends (I am 18M she is 18F btw). We were even planning on going to Las Vegas together, just her and I, to escape our crappy lives for just a short period of time, but it was a break that would be needed. It was during this discussion that she revealed to me that she is engaged (yes, at the age of 18). At that point my heart dropped so fast, and I did not really know why. I had to think, and I realized that I think I might have got feelings for her; also, keep in mind since talking to her in July I went to go see her twice in person, and I invited her to come to Las Vegas with my family and I, which she accepted. Although, I did invite her before I knew she was engaged. Now, I feel really torn because I really do like her, but at the same time I like her a lot more as a friend so I value this friendship more than any unlikely potential one. Recently, she also mentioned to me that when the time comes, her fiancé and her will be adopting a child rather than birthing one themselves. This happened to be strike two in my head. This was yesterday when she said this, and the moment she did my heart dropped again and I spent a bit crying and just lying down in bed. Today, I realized that I may be losing (if not already lost) a different friend whom I grew really close with, but have noticed a decline in our friendship. At this point, I'm torn because of my emotions towards the girl I like, and I feel like I'm really close to collapsing because I believe I lost someone that I cared about a lot. Sorry, but I had to get this out lol

• Hugs
Reactions: ReflectionOfTrauma, littlelungs, UseItOrLoseIt and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, love is painful. If you love anything, it is just something to lose and cause you more pain than you originally had. It sounds like you are going through a lot, I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt, Brick In The Wall, A_miStake_of_NATURE and 3 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Don't worry, the misogyny will grow over time and replace your soft spot. Most men only develop it at their middle age after several failed marriages--we'll go straight for the kill. My own strategy to stop liking women is nofap combined with a smegma octrillionare mindset.

• Yay!
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and A_miStake_of_NATURE
SleepDealer

SleepDealer

Your Imaginary Friend
Aug 13, 2021
I miss loving people. It's a feeling worth cherishing even if it isn't requited, relationships of any kind have become so rare for me. I know not everyone can handle a friendship with someone they love, but talking to her about it in attempt to save your friendship might be worth it. I recently lost a friend in a similar way. As soon as they found out that dating wasn't an option, they disappeared from my life. It's kind of funny, I thought I found someone worth sticking around for, but life was quick to remind me that I'm not here to stick around. Both ends of unrequited love can be shit.

Glad to hear she's adopting instead of bringing more life into this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt and Brick In The Wall
2011.HondaCivic

2011.HondaCivic

Jun 2, 2021
Don't worry, the misogyny will grow over time and replace your soft spot. Most men only develop it at their middle age after several failed marriages--we'll go straight for the kill. My own strategy to stop liking women is nofap combined with a smegma octrillionare mindset.
Only an octrillionaire? Kinda broke tbh. You're underestimating yourself just get more money and as a wise man once told me, "get paid, get laid, gatorade."

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, GenesAndEnvironment and A_miStake_of_NATURE