edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
*I don't know anyone who is addicted to gambling, so I don't know if this could be an unpleasant trigger for some people... that's why I wanted to warn you that if you have problems with gambling and reading these things can make you uncomfortable, please don't read it.*

You start to meet someone who seems special and different, that's when the preflop round reveals the cards of the relationship and you must decide from the beginning if it is worth defending your hand or letting it go. Sometimes it seems very valuable, and you decide to defend it, other times you get to know it and at first glance it is nothing special, but then you take the risk and the "river" comes and you realize that what at first seemed like cards without any value, are actually a straight and not only do you move forward but you bet and go all out. Sometimes you are right and you win (both win), other times you have risked a lot, even everything, and you end up losing it... sometimes you may even have given up on a hand and then it turns out that you could have won a lot (when I mean to win, I mean to both win, as a couple)... but as always the hand ends, and another begins with another round of preflop and new cards and so on and so on until you either have to leave the table or you win everything that was on the table because you defended what you should defend and let go of what was not worth it (as a kind of "and they lived happily ever after", or at least that is the hope that my foolish and innocent brain have, if I don't first decide to leave the table)

I don't know if any of this makes sense, maybe I'm overthinking things and trying to find parallels, but at least that's how I feel love relationships work for me, like a loop, or a hand of poker. I also want to clarify that I am not a gambling addict, it is just a game that I like and I have never played it betting real money.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Enlighten
Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
I really like the analogy. It's true that you have to take a big risk opening yourself up in order to love, same way you won't get anything in Poker if you never take any risks.
However, i do think that it is worth trying. A life lead without love is a sad one. And you'd just go home with what you had before.
There's nothing more depressing than nothing ever changing.

• Love
Reactions: edu0z
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
I really like the analogy. It's true that you have to take a big risk opening yourself up in order to love, same way you won't get anything in Poker if you never take any risks.
However, i do think that it is worth trying. A life lead without love is a sad one. And you'd just go home with what you had before.
There's nothing more depressing than nothing ever changing.
really true, my friend

• Love
Reactions: Enlighten