D

DeerHunter

Dec 14, 2021
I have these neighbours who are just constantly giggling and laughing.
The happiness against the backdrop of my depressive state is driving me nuts.

They have a young child who they are constantly playing silly giggling games with.

Or if there not screaming laughing, the kid is crying.

They are so loud.

I wish I knew the walls were paper thin before I moved in.

But, moving would be too much effort in my depressive state. Plus, how do you make sure the walls are so thin before you move in.

Fml

Anyone else have this issue?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Manaaja, OrcWitch and Circles
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I'm sorry. It's not easy living like that, especially if you're noise sensitive.

The previous apartments I lived in had very thin floors and walls. I got into white noise tracks due to my neighbors always being noisy. I would hear when they had sex or when they had an argument. I don't really mind hearing other people have sex but it gets old pretty fast. My roommate back then was always watching some adult cartoon and being noisy every evening, but my idea of relaxation after work is silence. I had to use white noise to stay sane. The current place I live in is more like individual houses we all rent, the walls aren't paper thin but every single person owns dogs that are very noisy. There is always a tv playing in my living room that drives me bonkers.

In an anime called ID: Invaded, there is a villain who
had a hyperactive genius brain and he couldn't stop doing math in his head, to the point all the counting and calculations drove him insane. He then lobotomized himself with a drill.
. Inspired by that, on the worst days I have wanted to drill my own ears out in order to escape this horrible noise world. I wish we lived in a segregated society where you can register to be a noise citizen or a quiet citizen, and based on what you choose you have access to different residential areas.

When it's quiet I can read and think. When the noise starts my brain turns to mush and I can't concentrate on anything. My brain feels hurt and overwhelmed.

I'm sorry you have noisy neighbors.

Reactions: rationaltake
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
Get some noise canceling headphones or hearing protection to dampen the sounds.