WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
Life is unbearable friends. I don't think I can do this anymore. I work in a very toxic environment where everyone hates everyone and talks shit behind each other's backs. I hate gossip I was dragged into it and I found that it consumed me. Talking about people and how shitty they are. They're all hypocrites. You can never trust anyone. They're experts in it and they kiss ass they hate just to get by. I can't do this. I can't fake liking people. I'm hated cus I can't be fake and pretend to like them. They don't even like each other's yet they act like they're friends. Eat together and buy each other's gifts even tho each one of them talked shit about the other in front of me behind their backs. How could people be this fake? It's disgusting. Some of them got jealous of me cus I worked hard and I was picked as the best employee of the year.. they declared war and made my life a living hell and tried to make my manager hate me. I'm hated and excluded and I feel very lonely. The only reason I'm in this job it's because it pays well I wish I never had to deal with them. It's so hard.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WonderingSoul, TheSoulless, Crazy4u and 10 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
We spend many hours in a workplace, so a toxic culture is a very serious issue. Legally, you should have rights regarding bullying. (Even social exclusion technically counts as bullying), but in practice it's a tall order to change an entire culture.

If you have the option to shift to another company, I would consider it. The fact that you've been awarded for your performance is something to take to any future job interviews.

Reactions: WitheringAway, WonderingSoul, Crazy4u and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
If it is office work. Totally get it, that's why I prefer to work with guys, no drama, easygoing, when are too many girl, I assume fro what you wrote it's like that everywhere. Why can't we be nice to each other, I don't do that I just hang around with guys mostly at work. Don't give it too much importance. That's what they want, maybe try to find something better?

Reactions: WitheringAway and WonderingSoul
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you have to deal with this, it sounds awful having to be around people like that. Overall, I cannot stand people as they can be so cruel. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

Reactions: WitheringAway and WonderingSoul
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Toxic work environments are no joke. I've had an unstable work life so I've been with many employers. There are definitely good and bad work cultures. I highly wish for you to have the chance to work at another place if this drains you so much. I know job searching is its own kind of hell though. Employment can really drain us given the sheer amount of time in our life it takes up.

Although it is hard, I really recommend speaking with trusted management if things get too out of control. It has worked out in my favor every time. I know it's not a guarantee but management tends to care about keeping the place safe and functional.

Reactions: WitheringAway, WonderingSoul and Crazy4u
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
I feel tired reading the post. I worked in a few places like this. It is hell. sorry I don't have advice. I hope you can find better place

Reactions: WitheringAway
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I appreciate you all.