HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
Feeling deeply depressed today. Basically earlier today my long distance gf said she wants a month break. She said we should not even text each other during that month. She only insists she just wants a rest. I got angry because i told her that makes me feel like im nothing to you, i always love speaking to you and make you my priority. You are the first person I speak to every morning and last person i Speak to every night. She just hurt me by this break bullshit. Either you in or out , I feel so hurt. I must just wait a month pretending she doesnt exist or act like i dont wana talk to her? what kind of emotional connection is this where you can just set your love and emotions aside for 1 whole month without a care?

I ended things as hard as it was, i wasnt up for that . Did i do the right thing sasu?

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltingBrain, NumbItAll, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i dont think you did the wrong thing, without the back story it seems a lil sus, plus how you feel matters and if you cant handle it then its totally up to you (as long as no one gets hurt so example you couldnt force her to stay)
however depending on her reason breaks arent always a bad thing, they can actually help a relationship depending on whats going on. i know with my bpd a break could give me a breather and make it so im less likely to do something drastic. a break is basically just breathing room, the problem only comes depending on what its being used for.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
i dont think you did the wrong thing, without the back story it seems a lil sus, plus how you feel matters and if you cant handle it then its totally up to you (as long as no one gets hurt so example you couldnt force her to stay)
however depending on her reason breaks arent always a bad thing, they can actually help a relationship depending on whats going on. i know with my bpd a break could give me a breather and make it so im less likely to do something drastic. a break is basically just breathing room, the problem only comes depending on what its being used for.
I agree with what you totally said

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Life_and_Death
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Feeling deeply depressed today. Basically earlier today my long distance gf said she wants a month break. She said we should not even text each other during that month. She only insists she just wants a rest. I got angry because i told her that makes me feel like im nothing to you, i always love speaking to you and make you my priority. You are the first person I speak to every morning and last person i Speak to every night. She just hurt me by this break bullshit. Either you in or out , I feel so hurt. I must just wait a month pretending she doesnt exist or act like i dont wana talk to her? what kind of emotional connection is this where you can just set your love and emotions aside for 1 whole month without a care?

I ended things as hard as it was, i wasnt up for that . Did i do the right thing sasu?
Long distance relationships rarely work out. Online dating is fucking terrifying.
There's a site called "meet ups" where you can find interest based events near you. Doing something you enjoy is a great way to meet people who share your interests and makes conversation so much easier. Instead of the pressure of a date, where it can be a real challenge to maintain conversation, you have the benefit of the activity to provide a topic of discussion of which you are knowledgeable. My brother met his second wife through one of these mee-ups.

Reactions: loopdaloop
just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
I went through something similar just not long distance. She told me she needs some space and didn't want to see me. I got no closure or understanding of the situation so I had to end it. She immediately accepted it which made me realise that's what she wanted. Long story short, she met someone at a wedding she went to a few weeks before she needed space. I only learned recently that she kissed this guy at the wedding. Anyway, DM me if you want to chat, dude. Sorry that you're going through this shit