• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Student
Aug 3, 2021
A lot of the methods I have looked into seem to involve sourcing chemicals that are hard to get in the UK, or require a bit of expertise to get the correct balance with antiemetics etc. Basically they are too "complicated" for my liking.

if I lived in the USA I think shotgun would be my number 1 method, but in the UK that's not possible. I have the equipment for hanging and Night Night, but finding the "sweet spot" is proving far too difficult. I just can't seem to do harm to myself either (SI I guess)

I don't think I can handle the build up of failed attempts. I'm absolutely sure I want to CTB I just need a straightforward and guaranteed method that is available to me in the UK.

So far I feel like my only options are train, jump from height or full suspension (though there's even complications with that, drop distance, rope strength, knots)

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer
K

khz89

Jul 25, 2021
Unfortunately i think the most reliable and peaceful methods require some effort. I'm going with nitrogen, all the parts are easy to get in the UK. Charcoal is also doable. Hanging should be pretty simple and reliable though, if I didn't have access to others then i'd go with that.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
GreenMile

GreenMile

Aug 3, 2021
I would love for someone to have an answer for this. I wish there was a guaranteed method.

As far as I can make out there's always a risk of some kind. At least there is this forum and information to asses the extent of risk so it can be minimized if not eradicated.

There are cliffs within driving distance of me that are 702 feet at their highest point which sounds great but the drop is not sheer and the chance of cross winds or branches interfering with the drop mean it is not clear-cut CTB.

I have N, I may panic or spill it when I take it, I have a 1.8 square meters of inert gas, there's all sorts of things that can go wrong with that, shotgun methods often miss.

Reactions: xBrialesana
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think I will go with h2s or hanging. SN and N feel too risky due to throwing up or something, or just outright being sold any old crap. My issue with H2S is that it's so deadly and fast that it puts others at risk, so I will need to take that into account.

Reactions: StevieNixs and GreenMile

Student
Aug 3, 2021
I haven't come across this method before. Is h2s difficult to get hold of in the UK? Does it require tubes and valves etc like some other gas type methods?

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Very easy to get hold of but frowned upon in the CTB community as it is so deadly to others. There are a few threads on it.

Student
Aug 3, 2021
Very easy to get hold of but frowned upon in the CTB community as it is so deadly to others. There are a few threads on it.
Interesting. I think the train method is generally frowned upon as well because of the effect on the driver but I feel like I'm running out of options. Train feels like the most guaranteed method right now. I was thinking of full suspension with a big drop to possibly cause decapitation, reducing the chance of failure but I can't think of a good place to do it. I would do it with a rope and a car but I don't drive.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Yeah train is very frowned upon. I am with you, dying is too much work. Sigh.

Reactions: Mr2005
L

LansJ70

Student
May 3, 2021
Carbon monoxide - BBQ charcoal in an enclosed space like a tent. Cheap, easy and fast and painless.

Reactions: UKscotty
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
A lot of the methods I have looked into seem to involve sourcing chemicals that are hard to get in the UK, or require a bit of expertise to get the correct balance with antiemetics etc. Basically they are too "complicated" for my liking.

if I lived in the USA I think shotgun would be my number 1 method, but in the UK that's not possible. I have the equipment for hanging and Night Night, but finding the "sweet spot" is proving far too difficult. I just can't seem to do harm to myself either (SI I guess)

I don't think I can handle the build up of failed attempts. I'm absolutely sure I want to CTB I just need a straightforward and guaranteed method that is available to me in the UK.

So far I feel like my only options are train, jump from height or full suspension (though there's even complications with that, drop distance, rope strength, knots)

I found N very to obtain in the UK, anti e i just ordered an OTC one, very easy to obtain as they aren't illegal and are listed in the PPH.

in regards to hanging the are video's of it, i posted one below. the person in the video does it from a ceiling fan and the rope doesn't even look that thick!!! if you google ropes and what kg they can withstand there's loads of info for instance

Climbing ropes tend to have a breaking strain of 2,400kg which is way more than a car or even an SUV! You're going to have to eat a lot of tiffin to break one! Most items of climbing equipment such as karabiners, harnesses and slings have a similar breaking strain.

Reactions: come to dust

Student
Aug 3, 2021
I found N very to obtain in the UK, anti e i just ordered an OTC one, very easy to obtain as they aren't illegal and are listed in the PPH.

in regards to hanging the are video's of it, i posted one below. the person in the video does it from a ceiling fan and the rope doesn't even look that thick!!! if you google ropes and what kg they can withstand there's loads of info for instance

Climbing ropes tend to have a breaking strain of 2,400kg which is way more than a car or even an SUV! You're going to have to eat a lot of tiffin to break one! Most items of climbing equipment such as karabiners, harnesses and slings have a similar breaking strain.

I already have this climbing rope which I think will do the job. my biggest problem with full suspension is finding a good anchor point. I think I would want to go with the appropriate drop for my weight to hopefully speed up the process (at least the process of passing out)

I tried (and failed) Night Night again so I think I need to try something else. i can't find the sweet spot so I think partial is out as well

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I already have this climbing rope which I think will do the job. my biggest problem with full suspension is finding a good anchor point. I think I would want to go with the appropriate drop for my weight to hopefully speed up the process (at least the process of passing out)

I tried (and failed) Night Night again so I think I need to try something else. i can't find the sweet spot so I think partial is out as well

when you say finding a good anchor point do you mean within a house/property??? obviously outside a person could use a tree.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
Hmmm, doesn't really matter where you are in the world. Suicide is not easy and a lot of the methods are pretty violent. I think Sodium Nitrite is the best method after Nembutal in my opinion.

Student
Aug 3, 2021
when you say finding a good anchor point do you mean within a house/property??? obviously outside a person could use a tree.
Either in my house or somewhere secluded enough that I definitely wouldn't be found and "saved" in time. My health isn't the best and I'm not sure I could climb a tree without a ladder. somewhere like a railing of a bridge is too public and risks being found too early

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
Either in my house or somewhere secluded enough that I definitely wouldn't be found and "saved" in time. My health isn't the best and I'm not sure I could climb a tree without a ladder. somewhere like a railing of a bridge is too public and risks being found too early
ever heard of a fire escape ladder? Very portable.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020

you wouldn't have to climb a tree lol you just throw the rope over if you were going to do it that way.

well in a house in the ceiling are things called joist in the ceilings they can hold alot of weight as people can easily walk on them.. you just simply screw a hook into it as an anchor point. so if you may wonder how you may find one......., the standard spacing between joists is 16 to 24 inches.

another way to find them would be to start from a wall and just pierce little holes in a straight line until you hit a solid point, which would be the joist.

so the pictures what a roof looks like without the plasterboard on!!

Student
Aug 3, 2021
you wouldn't have to climb a tree lol you just throw the rope over if you were going to do it that way.

well in a house in the ceiling are things called joist in the ceilings they can hold alot of weight as people can easily walk on them.. you just simply screw a hook into it as an anchor point. so if you may wonder how you may find one......., the standard spacing between joists is 16 to 24 inches.

another way to find them would be to start from a wall and just pierce little holes in a straight line until you hit a solid point, which would be the joist.

so the pictures what a roof looks like without the plasterboard on!!

View attachment 71875
Thanks for the info! I will look in to that. It's a shame the beams aren't exposed like that or I could have just thrown the rope over one of them

Reactions: checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Thanks for the info! I will look in to that. It's a shame the beams aren't exposed like that or I could have just thrown the rope over one of them

Didn't even think of that, all you need to do is smash a hole in the ceiling to expose them, ceilings are only made of weak plasterboard!!

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Basically they are too "complicated" for my liking.

if I lived in the USA I think shotgun would be my number 1 method
My thoughts exactly. Some of us want just to press a button. In countries that on the one hand alienate you for not being valuable to them, but on the other hand force you to keep living a loathsome (to you) life, yes, the easier choices can be the messiest and scariest. I once said as much to an online anti-suicide therapist who argued we don't need any end-of-life decision-making legal protections because, she claimed, "Suicide is easy if you really wanted to do it."

Student
Aug 3, 2021
My thoughts exactly. Some of us want just to press a button. In countries that on the one hand alienate you for not being valuable to them, but on the other hand force you to keep living a loathsome (to you) life, yes, the easier choices can be the messiest and scariest. I once said as much to an online anti-suicide therapist who argued we don't need any end-of-life decision-making legal protections because, she claimed, "Suicide is easy if you really wanted to do it."
Exactly. I think there's a lot of misconceptions about suicide being easy. It really isn't.

• Love
Reactions: archipelago and FTL.Wanderer