• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
So it looks like I am going to go with an SCBA mask and nitrogen. I am in the US, and even after reading though all the threads, I am still confused on a couple parts. If anyone has any knowledge on this I would very much appreciate their input. I already have a cga 580 regulator and I just purchased an adapter that converts CGA 580 to CGA 346. I am having trouble understanding the SCBA regulator and mask part. Does anyone have any names or links to an SCBA regulator and mask that would work? Thank you!

Reactions: .ᴍᴀʏᴜ.
.ᴍᴀʏᴜ.

.ᴍᴀʏᴜ.

At war with myself
Aug 15, 2023
Im having the same issue currently. I bought a Scott 4.5 scba and 40cf bottle of nitrogen. The scba threads are CGA 347 female for the "air" supply connection. I haven't been able to figure out what my nitrogen bottles threads are though. From what I read they should be CGA 580 but im not entirely sure :/
I bought this scba because I have experience using it. Plus you can usually find them used for cheap. If youre able to figure out the thread adapter then it should work off the bat since N2 is 2000+ psi. Hopefully some of this was helpful lul kinda just rambled.

B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
Hey! I've actually figured out these issues since posting this, thanks to the help of GasMonkey, RIP he was a fantastic person.
I'm guessing that you're in the US? If that's the case then yes, your nitrogen cylinder is CGA 580. SCBA masks are CGA 347, so you need an adapter to connect the lung demand valve to the regulator. If you need any more info you can always pm me :)

C

CTBtoday

Aug 28, 2023
Hey! I've actually figured out these issues since posting this, thanks to the help of GasMonkey, RIP he was a fantastic person.
I'm guessing that you're in the US? If that's the case then yes, your nitrogen cylinder is CGA 580. SCBA masks are CGA 347, so you need an adapter to connect the lung demand valve to the regulator. If you need any more info you can always pm me :)
Hey was wondering what exact fitting you got if you got the full product name that would be helpful.

B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
I'll give you my setup, à la GasMonkey (rest in peace, he did so much for us here). First is a CO2/ Argon regulator to attach to the cylinder (it works for nitrogen too because they are all compressed gases and take a CGA 580 fitting). Next I got an SCBA mask and lung demand valve from Draeger:
Lug Demand (Dräger PAS Lite – 2216 PSI)
Mask (Dräger FPS 7000 P EPDM Mask)
SCBA equipment is a CGA 347 fitting so I got a (Western Enterprises Cylinder Adaptor, CGA-580 Nitrogen to CGA-346 Adaptor)
And that's it! Just have to actually connect it and tighten it up with a wrench. Seems more complicated than it is but it's really not that much.
And the nitrogen cylinder too obviously. (20 cu would be the minimum and 40 is more than enough if you're not planning on testing or backing out).
Hope all this helps!

Reactions: imrantahir1208 and dustinspector
R

Readytogohome

May 25, 2023
I'll give you my setup, à la GasMonkey (rest in peace, he did so much for us here). First is a CO2/ Argon regulator to attach to the cylinder (it works for nitrogen too because they are all compressed gases and take a CGA 580 fitting). Next I got an SCBA mask and lung demand valve from Draeger:
SCBA equipment is a CGA 347 fitting so I got a (Western Enterprises Cylinder Adaptor, CGA-580 Nitrogen to CGA-346 Adaptor)
And that's it! Just have to actually connect it and tighten it up with a wrench. Seems more complicated than it is but it's really not that much.
And the nitrogen cylinder too obviously. (20 cu would be the minimum and 40 is more than enough if you're not planning on testing or backing out).
Hope all this helps!
@bluebus , thank you for mentioning GasMonkey, he was such a big help to me also, very patient. In your list of items, you specified a cga-580 to cga-346 adapter but also said your scba equipment was a cga-347 fitting? Is the adapter really a different number (346) than the scba fitting (347)? Thank you... I'm still learning!

Edited to add I'm in the US.

B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
@bluebus , thank you for mentioning GasMonkey, he was such a big help to me also, very patient. In your list of items, you specified a cga-580 to cga-346 adapter but also said your scba equipment was a cga-347 fitting? Is the adapter really a different number (346) than the scba fitting (347)? Thank you... I'm still learning!

Edited to add I'm in the US.
I honestly couldn't thank GasMonkey enough. Such a good dude. I meant to say 346, 347 was a typo! Sorry about that. You want a 580 (nitrogen) to 346 (air) adapter. I can send you a link if you need! I know this is all pretty confusing especially at first.

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
How much did all of this cost?

B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
Oof at least a couple thousand. More? I think the mask was around 500 and the lung demand was a little less than 1500. The adapter was like 30-40 bucks. I still have to get my nitrogen cylinder which I expect at least another couple hundred. What else do I have to spend my money on, lol?
Meant to write this as a reply my bad!

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
Yeah SCBA in US/CAN is crazy expensive unless you go with the pressure-flow regulator route, but even then you'll have to find the right connection/adapter for the lung demand valve.

What else do I have to spend my money on, lol?
Thats pretty much it unless you want to buy additional (& optional) equipment like O2 & CO2 analyzer, pulse oximeter...

B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
Yeah SCBA in US/CAN is crazy expensive unless you go with the pressure-flow regulator route, but even then you'll have to find the right connection/adapter for the lung demand valve.

Thats pretty much it unless you want to buy additional (& optional) equipment like O2 & CO2 analyzer, pulse oximeter...
Eh I'm not even going that far. When I do it that'll be it, no need to watch my oxygen levels drop on a monitor lol

C

CTBtoday

Aug 28, 2023
Bluebus can you help me out here with an image of how you are supposed to attach the adapter onto the regulator and the tank? Having some slight trouble here on that regard.

B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
Bluebus can you help me out here with an image of how you are supposed to attach the adapter onto the regulator and the tank? Having some slight trouble here on that regard.
The adapter is screwed on a tightened with a wrench. Here's a photo (not mine, from the inert gas gallery):

This set up doesn't have a regulator it just connects straight to the cylinder, but in your case I assume you have a regulator. Just imagine the adapter connected to the regulator inserted of the cylinder. I'll see if I can find more pics.

Screenshot 2023 08 30 at 53727 PM

Better example here:
Screenshot 2023 08 30 at 54459 PM

Link to the gallery: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/inert-gas-setups-gallery-show-your-setup.115461/

Last edited:
C

CTBtoday

Aug 28, 2023
The adapter is screwed on a tightened with a wrench. Here's a photo (not mine, from the inert gas gallery):

This set up doesn't have a regulator it just connects straight to the cylinder, but in your case I assume you have a regulator. Just imagine the adapter connected to the regulator inserted of the cylinder. I'll see if I can find more pics.

View attachment 119370

Better example here:
View attachment 119371

Link to the gallery: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/inert-gas-setups-gallery-show-your-setup.115461/
Yeah that's my plan thing is that I went and got the western enterprise adapter you listed but I'm just not quite sure where exactly to fit it. Here I include a pic of the adapter and the regulator I know where the GCA580 end goes but not sure about the other

Attachments

• PXL_20230830_221118051~2.jpg
    PXL_20230830_221118051~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
Let me get back to you tomorrow. I'll try it on my end when I'm home and let you know. The one I sent you is the one GasMonkey sent me, so I can't imagine it wouldn't work. Try playing around with it and either way I'll get back to you mañana :)
Screenshot 2023 08 30 at 63435 PM

This should help, from GasMonkey

Last edited: