luminiby

luminiby

bubble buddy
Apr 14, 2023
been having recurring thoughts about feeling disposed or easily replaceable this past weekend. Being left alone, even. the more I think about it, the more I start to feel as if I'll drive myself towards an anxiety attack tonight because it's such a familiar feeling I've tried way too hard to stay away from. for now, I'm currently watching an anime to distract these thoughts, but they keep coming back to the front and I'm scared I'll overthink and spiral again. I hate feeling alone when I know I'm not anymore..its just a little exhausting. :']

I'm just asking more so for some distractions (what you guys enjoy doing when the bad thoughts rise up) than reassurance, though both would be appreciated. thanks <3 :]

Everyone's welcome to share what currently makes them feel good :)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: storeboughtisfine, Rocinante and Pretty_Damaged1111
EmpathyMinded

EmpathyMinded

Student
May 1, 2023
You're only "replaceable" to those who failed to see your value. That is their shortcoming, not yours. You have a value that nobody can ever take from you. Sometimes it takes longer than it should to find people who will see that in us, and it's such a shame. But still the fact remains.

As for distractions, it's a simple little thing but I always find putting on some lofi and sinking into the cozy vibe of that and either letting my mind go blank or doing something that doesn't take a lot of thought like grinding in a video game is a great option. Even if I was already relaxed I usually find myself moreso afterward. Not sure if that specific option would appeal to you, but if you are curious and haven't tried that before I'd consider giving it a go. No pressure of course, follow what feels good for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: luminiby
storeboughtisfine

storeboughtisfine

trying my best
May 1, 2023
I've been throwing myself into online gaming, honestly. If I can finish this battle pass, if I can reach the next reward tier... it's been helpful for distracting me.

• Love
Reactions: nolifezzz and luminiby
EmpathyMinded

EmpathyMinded

Student
May 1, 2023
I've been throwing myself into online gaming, honestly. If I can finish this battle pass, if I can reach the next reward tier... it's been helpful for distracting me.
Nothing like the "sweet, hell yeah" moment of unlocking a cool new cosmetic ha ha. It may be a small joy but damn it, it's mine when it happens and that's all that matters. Glad that's giving you some comfort. Gotta enjoy the little things. Some people who have it better take those for granted, but you aren't. I think that's pretty awesome.

• Love
Reactions: luminiby and storeboughtisfine
veryyred

veryyred

Apr 29, 2023
I can relate with the feeling and because of that I tried to stay away from people or tried not to be close to them because I've always thought of myself as the disposable friend.

As for distractions, gaming usually helps me get distracted, and like you, I watch anime or read manga. Also curious as to what anime youre watching~

Hopefully we can finally get this feeling to end and maybe find people who could make us feel irreplaceable.

• Love
Reactions: EmpathyMinded and luminiby
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
It's natural to think like that if you've ever been left out, but there's nothing wrong with you the way you are. The people who care won't abandon you.

• Hugs
  • Love
NoLongerHuman.

NoLongerHuman.

Disqualified as a human being
Apr 30, 2023
I'm sorry you feel that way. Some things I like to do is vent draw and play video games. depending on my mood the game could vary from something wholesome like stardew valley and slime rancher to shooters.

• Love
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
When you are becoming anxious, try rolling your eyes to the left and right, 30 sec in each direction, without any strain. It tells your monkey brain that there is no 'threat' in front of you. Its the same principle in EMDR therapy. The inverse is doom scrolling.

Just try it once and see if you can still ruminate. Did it change your breath?

• Love
Reactions: luminiby
luminiby

luminiby

bubble buddy
Apr 14, 2023
I can relate with the feeling and because of that I tried to stay away from people or tried not to be close to them because I've always thought of myself as the disposable friend.

As for distractions, gaming usually helps me get distracted, and like you, I watch anime or read manga. Also curious as to what anime youre watching~

Hopefully we can finally get this feeling to end and maybe find people who could make us feel irreplaceable.
I was watching Oshi No Ko :]
I'm sorry you feel that way. Some things I like to do is vent draw and play video games. depending on my mood the game could vary from something wholesome like stardew valley and slime rancher to shooters.
I love slime rancher!
When you are becoming anxious, try rolling your eyes to the left and right, 30 sec in each direction, without any strain. It tells your monkey brain that there is no 'threat' in front of you. Its the same principle in EMDR therapy. The inverse is doom scrolling.

Just try it once and see if you can still ruminate. Did it change your breath?
I'm going to try it the next time I feel this way heavy again :] thank you so much for this
You're only "replaceable" to those who failed to see your value. That is their shortcoming, not yours. You have a value that nobody can ever take from you. Sometimes it takes longer than it should to find people who will see that in us, and it's such a shame. But still the fact remains.

As for distractions, it's a simple little thing but I always find putting on some lofi and sinking into the cozy vibe of that and either letting my mind go blank or doing something that doesn't take a lot of thought like grinding in a video game is a great option. Even if I was already relaxed I usually find myself moreso afterward. Not sure if that specific option would appeal to you, but if you are curious and haven't tried that before I'd consider giving it a go. No pressure of course, follow what feels good for you.
I did what you recommended me to do last night and you're right. It felt really nice :) thank you so much
for fort? yeah I've been a bit active this season it's really fun :)

Last edited:
Reactions: EmpathyMinded