Flau

Flau

i'm so done lmao
Dec 30, 2019
I am a digital artist myself and I'm just curious if I can even find any people with the same hobby.
Right now I'm genuinely trying to distract myself and find some inspiration.

Knowing that artists think a little bit differently from non-artist people, I'd like to discuss some things. Just to have at least some fun.
To see what others create, how the process goes, what helps them with their mental state in art.
KV4tKxSMsTw Usually, when I'm feeling down, I just start drawing on paper usually, in my sketchbooks. It really helps me to cope.
Screenshot 8 Some sad faces of imaginary people, some quotes with what I feel and how I feel at the right moment.

But yeah... also I'd like to just talk. Because loneliness and apathy kill everything inside of me.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 19276, Inferdan, Sensei and 12 others
quifg

quifg

Oct 28, 2019
You are a wonderful artist!
Is it your job?
What's your ambition?

Flau

Flau

i'm so done lmao
Dec 30, 2019
You are a wonderful artist!
Is it your job?
What's your ambition?
Currently, I'm in a fluid state. I can't find myself a decent job for an artist and... welp, my family just wants me to become a medic. What a good medic will I make to provide people help if I need help myself, right?
For now, drawing was always an escape for me from this reality. Whenever I draw, I dive into an everlasting flow of thoughts, I feel good for that exact moment, especially when I see my skills suddenly improving.
May sound funny, yet I never even worked as a 2d artist on the internet. My dream is to become a concept\CG artist, yet I really can't find myself a place.
Sometimes people like my artworks and they take commissions, but it's so rare so that making life money out of it is simply impossible.
4TjbGigt6RU Once I tried to apply this artwork of a character for a test. I've been told that it sucks and I need to improve my skills.

All by myself. :c
Never attempted any art schools or courses... so I don't even realize sometimes what I'm missing in my art.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nemeshisu and puppy9
quifg

quifg

Oct 28, 2019
Currently, I'm in a fluid state. I can't find myself a decent job for an artist and... welp, my family just wants me to become a medic. What a good medic will I make to provide people help if I need help myself, right?
For now, drawing was always an escape for me from this reality. Whenever I draw, I dive into an everlasting flow of thoughts, I feel good for that exact moment, especially when I see my skills suddenly improving.
May sound funny, yet I never even worked as a 2d artist on the internet. My dream is to become a concept\CG artist, yet I really can't find myself a place.
Sometimes people like my artworks and they take commissions, but it's so rare so that making life money out of it is simply impossible.
View attachment 23020 Once I tried to apply this artwork of a character for a test. I've been told that it sucks and I need to improve my skills.

All by myself. :c
Never attempted any art schools or courses... so I don't even realize sometimes what I'm missing in my art.
How old are you?
Are you a student or working or unemployed?

puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
I am a digital artist myself and I'm just curious if I can even find any people with the same hobby.
Right now I'm genuinely trying to distract myself and find some inspiration.

Knowing that artists think a little bit differently from non-artist people, I'd like to discuss some things. Just to have at least some fun.
To see what others create, how the process goes, what helps them with their mental state in art.
View attachment 23018 Usually, when I'm feeling down, I just start drawing on paper usually, in my sketchbooks. It really helps me to cope.
View attachment 23019 Some sad faces of imaginary people, some quotes with what I feel and how I feel at the right moment.

But yeah... also I'd like to just talk. Because loneliness and apathy kill everything inside of me.
Can you teach me how to draw like that? I sorta can draw a bit. Love your work. My brain blown into smithereens.

• Love
Reactions: Flau
Flau

Flau

i'm so done lmao
Dec 30, 2019
How old are you?
Are you a student or working or unemployed?
Well, I'm just 18. Finished school and got no chance of going to university. You know, no money, no help from family kinda does all these things.
Where I'm living atm I need to pass certain exams to apply for uni. If I don't have these exams passed... I can't even go there if I would like to pay.
Heh, recently I've lost the school certificate that proves my graduation. I need to make a new one, yet it will take a month and I will be late for another exam I wanted to pass, to go to the uni of arts.
Everything is always so at the wrong time...
I can't even find a job without my certificate. (I worked some time ago for 2 months, it was my 2nd job. After that my document was gone)
Can you teach me how to draw like that? I sorta can draw a bit. Love your work. My brain blown into smithereens.
I mean... I don't know if I'm a good teacher or anything, but I can give you some tips or small tutorials. :heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nemeshisu and puppy9
quifg

quifg

Oct 28, 2019
Well, I'm just 18. Finished school and got no chance of going to university. You know, no money, no help from family kinda does all these things.
Where I'm living atm I need to pass certain exams to apply for uni. If I don't have these exams passed... I can't even go there if I would like to pay.
Heh, recently I've lost the school certificate that proves my graduation. I need to make a new one, yet it will take a month and I will be late for another exam I wanted to pass, to go to the uni of arts.
Everything is always so at the wrong time...
I can't even find a job without my certificate. (I worked some time ago for 2 months, it was my 2nd job. After that my document was gone)

I mean... I don't know if I'm a good teacher or anything, but I can give you some tips or small tutorials. :heart:
I'm sorry to hear that
Is tuition fee of Swedish universities very high?

quifg

quifg

Oct 28, 2019
Pretty much yeah. And I will never be able to afford it, unfortunately.
Do you consider study abroad?
I heard tuition fees are not high in Germany French and Italy

Flau

Flau

i'm so done lmao
Dec 30, 2019
Do you consider study abroad?
I heard tuition fees are not high in Germany French and Italy
My dream is to move abroad, to be honest. But my family can't let me do that. They are against even if it's for the good.
A dead-end situation.

Reactions: puppy9 and quifg
quifg

quifg

Oct 28, 2019
My dream is to move abroad, to be honest. But my family can't let me do that. They are against even if it's for the good.
A dead-end situation.
Why don't they want you to move abroad?
Do they concern your safety?

Flau

Flau

i'm so done lmao
Dec 30, 2019
Why don't they want you to move abroad?
Do they concern your safety?
Welp, I'd be glad if their concern would be my safety of all things.
But what they want is... for me to stay so they can take my money away. They just enjoy controlling me every step of the way.

• Aww..
Reactions: crybaby, Nemeshisu and puppy9
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
You are so talented. One of my wishes was that I could draw. It takes patience which I don't have.

• Love
Reactions: Inferdan, Flau and puppy9
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/share-your-art-official.9337/

Hope this help :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Flau and Science Is Scary
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Oh wow I love your art! I used to be an artist back in my better days. I would post some pics on here of my paintings but they all got boxed when I moved. I used to be pretty good at oil painting, water color and pen and ink. I should pick it back up again to pass the time...sadly my apathy is at an all time high.

• Love
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
hella talented, i'd honestly use the power of social media including platforms like ig and twitter, and sort of go off with you're artwork. alot of people nowadays pay aton for custom artwork including digital artwork and maybe branching into gfx and graphic design, and alot of artists use platforms like twitter to sort of go viral and spark recognition for their work. you're extremely talented.

• Love
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
I am no longer an artist yet at times still able to create ink and/or blood illustrations while being intoxicated.

P.S. Do you have an art gallery (Twitter/Deviantart/Tumblr/etc.)?

• Love
Flau

Flau

i'm so done lmao
Dec 30, 2019
I am no longer an artist yet at times still able to create ink and/or blood illustrations while being intoxicated.

P.S. Do you have an art gallery (Twitter/Deviantart/Tumblr/etc.)?
Yeah, I do. I can drop a link in pm. :hug:

Reactions: Skathon
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'm a digital artist, musician, and indie developer. Maybe we could chat a bit about it sometime. I like your art too by the way.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
@Flau I really like your art. You're very good.

I'm a mixed media artist and jewelry designer. I haven't felt well enough or inspired to make much all year, but I did manage a few custom boxes as gifts for friends and family. One of my goals before I go is to make a special art box for all my important people. Here's the last I finished, Zelda themed.

Received 477852569433750

• Love
Reactions: Nemeshisu, mediocre, Skathon and 1 other person
Flau

Flau

i'm so done lmao
Dec 30, 2019
@Flau I really like your art. You're very good.

I'm a mixed media artist and jewelry designer. I haven't felt well enough or inspired to make much all year, but I did manage a few custom boxes as gifts for friends and family. One of my goals before I go is to make a special art box for all my important people. Here's the last I finished, Zelda themed.

View attachment 23075
Wah, LoZ! I like it!

WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
What kind of concept artist do you want to be Flau? For tv,animation or games?

WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
Most of all for games, I suppose...
My cousin is doing it for indies in twitter. She started updating her behance and linkedin with little things like in her behance she had illustrations or she went to gamejams and posted the games. Also she went to little couses for game design and met people.
Now she is using twitter posting everyday and doing pixel art and got called by indie studios.

Delia

Delia

Cerulean star
May 15, 2018
hi, i'm a digital artist for the most part because i love attention I guess. Here's an example of an OC I've made recently~ I'm sort of a weeaboo so yeah. 1578225227785

• Hugs
Reactions: Flau, ScorpiusDragon and Skathon
R

RenXi

Aug 1, 2020
Hey, there. :-) I'm pretty new to SS but I'm also looking for fellow digital artists like me. I also dabble with making VNs. I can't quite talk CBt to my friends so I find solace here. You have very good art, Flau! ^_^

Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
Im no artist but I just wanted to say these are amazing! Great work everyone :)

Reactions: Deleted member 19276
Belit667

Belit667

Experienced
Aug 2, 2020
Yeah, digital arts, I don't do nor accept that.
I draw with pencils on paper, then use ink and little bit of colour with crayons or leave it black and white.