Winona [restored]

Winona [restored]

Sep 12, 2020
Hi, guys!
Since I hope that COVID restrictions will someday be lifted, I'm gonna try my chances with Pegasos then. I wrote about it here. Besides lots of medical paperwork to do, I also need to improve my English skills to pass an interview. I can't attend language courses at the moment due to lockdown. And language learning apps for talking with foreigners scare me, because if you are a female, then 80% of the "speakers" who want to chat with you are usually sexed-up turkish guys (sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone from Turkey). :shy:Also I'm not comfortable with voice and video chat features, offered in such apps.

I don't speak English well and language skills are dying without practice. Maybe it sounds pathetic, but what I'm trying to say is if there is someone here who feels lonely or sad, or just needs a friend to talk about anything, I'll be glad if you PM me. I'm not looking for a teacher, I'm just looking for a person I could friendly chat with. I think I have more in common with the people on this board than with those who consider a language learning app to be a dating one:heh:

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf, TheDevilsAngel, antigone_iris and 3 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
And language learning apps for talking with foreigners scare me, because if you are a female, then 80% of the "speakers" who want to chat with you are usually sexed-up turkish guys (sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone from Turkey).

You could pretend you're male. Unless you want to practice spoken English.

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni, Disappointered and Winona [restored]
G

glitxo

Oct 18, 2020
i can be your lonely and sad friend if u want to :), but my english it's probably worse though

• Hugs
Reactions: Winona [restored]
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
We can talk if you want :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and Winona [restored]

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I just recently watched a documentary about euthanasia for young people. I paused occasionally to go on a monologue about my stance on the subject. Good practice for talking, I'd say. I take it you're going to Switzerland? Maybe you'd be interested in getting accustomed to their accent.

I've been joining a discord server dedicated to a specific video game (I think common interests is a good way to practice talking). I joined the voice chat, and could barely understand what people are saying. Took some time to get to understand them.

• Love
Reactions: Winona [restored], KleinerWolf and Viro_Major