complexpalm

complexpalm

Sep 29, 2023
I lurked on this site as a guest for quite a few months, then recently felt the need to create an account and start contributing. This entire community is so overwhelmingly empathetic and supportive, it's a breath of fresh air.

I'm an AFAB enby approaching 30. Autism, clinical depression, chronic pain. I have a partner, an emotionally fulfilling job, and friends.
I always felt guilty for having CTB in the back of my head. Always. Until I found this community and realized I'm valid, and I can talk about it without someone calling me "crazy" "attention-seeking" or just outright dismissal. Could my life be worse? Of course, but that doesn't change the fact that when it feels like it sucks, it sucks.

Doctors haven't been able to help with my chronic pain, nor with SSRIs. My job is neat, but I make jack shit and have been in financially dire straits for almost a year. My partner is sweet, but terrible with finances and planning.
I'm just…tired. Have been for a long time. For every good aspect of my life there always seems to be two bad. Trying to keep things on an even keel becomes more and more of a struggle. If I'm not working, I'm trying to lose myself in books/videogames/podcasts. I don't know, I guess I'm sticking around to make sure my cats at least are cared for and loved. And when they go? Who knows.

I appreciate this community for giving me a place to just…vent. Judgment free.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Jezzibell, cookies, fwompie and 8 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Welcome. I'm sorry you're here.

I'm around your age and have autism, depression, and chronic pain In.some ways my life could be said to be worse than yours (unemployed) but you're right, that's not really relevant to you at all.

• Love
Reactions: complexpalm
complexpalm

complexpalm

Sep 29, 2023
Welcome. I'm sorry you're here.

I'm around your age and have autism, depression, and chronic pain In.some ways my life could be said to be worse than yours (unemployed) but you're right, that's not really relevant to you at all.
Thank you.
I'm sorry you're dealing with similar issues as I am, and worse.
I'm just exhausted. Between the medical industrial complex, how hard it is to have some financial stability, the general state of the world, and my own brain…it sucks.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
If you have chronic pain and like podcasts I can recommend one to you called the cure for chronic with Nicole Sachs

Moburin 29

Moburin 29

Just a random background character
Sep 17, 2023
O hey, welcome!

Couldnt say better about constant tiredness. Each problem you need to deal with wears you down little by little. Some days I spend all my free time just trying to cope with stress and mental exhaustion.

So yeah, one more time welcome. Hope your cats got enough head rubs today :3

• Love
Reactions: Jezzibell and complexpalm
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your time here and it will be beneficial for you.

• Love
Reactions: complexpalm and Foreverix
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
Welcome Home Team GIF by Pudgy Penguins

• Love
Reactions: Jezzibell, Moburin 29, complexpalm and 1 other person
Exact Change

Exact Change

A life of mistakes
Nov 6, 2022
Welcome. I agree. There is a much kinder group of people here in general, than other places online.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and complexpalm
complexpalm

complexpalm

Sep 29, 2023
If you have chronic pain and like podcasts I can recommend one to you called the cure for chronic with Nicole Sachs
Thank you! I will check it out.

O hey, welcome!

Couldnt say better about constant tiredness. Each problem you need to deal with wears you down little by little. Some days I spend all my free time just trying to cope with stress and mental exhaustion.

So yeah, one more time welcome. Hope your cats got enough head rubs today :3
Thank you! Yes, there are quite a few days where I just sleep and sleep.
I will give them an extra head rub for you.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Moburin 29
Moburin 29

Moburin 29

Just a random background character
Sep 17, 2023
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, complexpalm and Jezzibell
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's really understandable feeling so tired of suffering here but anyway best wishes.

• Love
NotToBe

NotToBe

Sep 28, 2023
Welcome! I'm also new here, nice to see other people in my situation.
I completely agree with you, this community is such a refreshing place to be in. Whenever I express a genuine and logical desire of death I'm normally just met with really emotional responses. I understand that ideally people wouldn't want you to die or whatever, but life really just fucking sucks. Sometimes it's that simple. It's absolutely valid to feel this way in my opinion. We deserve to have agency over our own lives. I'm glad that you feel safe enough to express yourself here

• Love