A

alltoomuch2

Student
Feb 10, 2024
Hi. I'm still undecided on method and really I want something I can use in the heat of the moment so I can overcome SI. I know diphenydramine (Nytol) is a bit unreliable and you can have terrifying hallucinations, but does anyone know what are the dangers of long term damage if the attempt fails? Making my situation worse is my biggest fear of ctb, but if there are no long term effects of Nytol od then I'd risk it.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Most antihistamine OD attempts end with the person feeling very ill and going to the emergency room. While that is the majority of cases, you can damage organs after a large dose up to and including losing a critical organ.

But fyi this isn't going to kill you. Antihistamines are very rarely deadly even with a major OD and are not a recommended method.

PinballWizard39

PinballWizard39

May 3, 2024
I took a box of the one-a-night once and all I remember was that I kept waking up because I was so sedated my brain kept forgetting to breathe. It was like my body was waking me up purposely and constantly, to make sure I made the effort to breathe. I kinda hoped that I would have just stopped, but that wasn't the case. I was incredibly dozy the whole time. No one knew about it.

Reactions: Forveleth
L

last3mos

heading out on that last hike
May 14, 2024
I took a box of the one-a-night once and all I remember was that I kept waking up because I was so sedated my brain kept forgetting to breathe. It was like my body was waking me up purposely and constantly, to make sure I made the effort to breathe. I kinda hoped that I would have just stopped, but that wasn't the case. I was incredibly dozy the whole time. No one knew about it.

I did similar, and had the same experience. My body was so heavy, but I kept waking up because I was forgetting to breathe.

I think you'd be risking organ damage. It's hard to know how much was related, but I did have some kidney issues and had to go off a medication shortly after. I probably overloaded my already stressed kidneys.

Last edited:
Reactions: PinballWizard39 and Forveleth
sugarh1gh

sugarh1gh

Death is new departure and beggining of a journey.
May 27, 2024
Well as diphenhydramine is 1st gen antihistamine, it could cause mental side effects. It could also paralyze your muscle including breathing. Known side effects include hallucination and cirrhosis as well.

To my knowledge, it is pretty hard to ctb from overdosing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: alltoomuch2