Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
God I'm so lonely. It hurts so much. I hate this.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: outatime_85, Pluto, 👁️👃👁️ and 12 others
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
I've been lonely my entire life with no human to give a shit about me. Only love I get is from my cats. Odd thing is I prefer being alone, humans are too messy and toxic to deal with. I spend most of my time at home dreading when I have to go out. And although it's "sad" I've found peace with it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: outatime_85, Pluto, freedompass and 5 others
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
lonely when alone,
lonely when in public,
lonely when in a circle of people,
lonely after finding a partner, thinking I would never,
lonely in my imagination when thinking about the past of future,
lonely in the internet,
lonely even in my dreams

Damn, is there something beyond the loneliness?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pluto, Dead Ghost, lofticries and 1 other person
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
I feel you. Are you lonely and alone, or lonely in company? These days I don't know which is worse, to be honest. My living situation has me in a weird 3 to 1 split and I almost wish it were just one or the other. "Friends" have mostly all let me fall off their radars for so long and after I expressed needing help that when they rarely finally do turn up, I feel spiteful and don't enjoy interacting. Trying to make new connections is horribly slow going and I keep getting cancelled on. It's been a really gross stew of feelings

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I have been lonely all my life. I never managed to build connection that would last. Lost contact with friends from HS, university, grad school. Never really built any connection in the work place as well. I try to come out as friendly but in the end people stay away from me. Maybe I am not a very interesting person and I tend to get obsessing about topic when discussing even at a dinner party.

I always claimed to be happy like this and that enjoy my loneliness. The reality is that I would love to get a text message from time to time from a friend asking how am I. For my birthday I got two messages from strangers on linkedIn and the wishes of my wife and father. that's it. I try to connect to people to wrrite them from time to time but I never get a message from them.

Why are you lonely? Is it difficult for you to have friends/loved ones?

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
Used to know some people but now all alone everywhere all the time

• Hugs
Reactions: Lily (Osako) and Dead Ghost
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Unfortunately, I haven't learned to live any other way, but I have you, so I'm not alone, right? Long live SaSu!
//
Per desgràcia no he aprés pas a viure d'una altre manera, pero us tinc a vosaltres, així que tan sol no estic, oi?, Visca SaSu!

• Aww..
Reactions: Lily (Osako) and Un-
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I would rather be alone personally but I know that for others loneliness can be painful. It's sad how so much suffering exists in this world.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lily (Osako), sufferingalways and Suicidebydeath
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
me 2

• Hugs
Reactions: Lily (Osako) and WhatPowerIs
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Same, so tired of this

• Hugs
Reactions: Lily (Osako) and WhatPowerIs
A

Alnilam

Aug 29, 2022
Social anxiety and agoraphobia prevents me from making any real connections. When I tried, I'd either fail or lose them. I've gotten so used to being alone, I prefer it, it's something familiar and safe that I can retreat to. Being out and about, having to interact with large crowds just takes too much of a mental and emotional toll.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lily (Osako), sufferingalways and Dead Ghost
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I know I feel the same. Shame there isn't some way all of us could move into a huge mansion and then we could be with each other. Or maybe some CTB resort where we could interact with each other?? AT least being on the internet provides some small measure of relief. Love and hugs to you.:heart:

• Love
Reactions: Dead Ghost, Lily (Osako) and sufferingalways
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
Social anxiety and agoraphobia prevents me from making any real connections. When I tried, I'd either fail or lose them. I've gotten so used to being alone, I prefer it, it's something familiar and safe that I can retreat to. Being out and about, having to interact with large crowds just takes too much of a mental and emotional toll.

I feel a lot like this too. you're not alone in feeling that way. 🌷☔☕️🛋

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Ghost and Lily (Osako)
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
The reality is that I would love to get a text message from time to time from a friend asking how am I.
Do you ever reach out to people you know like that asking how they are?

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Do you ever reach out to people you know like that asking how they are?
I used to do it. BUt after a while it was always me initiating the conversation so I assumed they do not care about me and that I probably bother them

• Aww..
Reactions: outatime_85
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I used to do it. BUt after a while it was always me initiating the conversation so I assumed they do not care about me and that I probably bother them
That's what I think when they don't answer me, that I hire people, but I don't know for sure, I keep going.
//
És el que penso jo quan no em contesten, que emprenyo a la gent, però com tampoc ho se del cert segueixo endavant.

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
That's what I think when they don't answer me, that I hire people, but I don't know for sure, I keep going.
//
És el que penso jo quan no em contesten, que emprenyo a la gent, però com tampoc ho se del cert segueixo endavant.
This time the translator did not do a good job. Luckly I speak a little spanish.

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
This time the translator did not do a good job. Luckly I speak a little spanish.
Sorry, in Spanish:

Es lo que yo creo cuando no me responden, que molesto a la gente, pero como tampoco tengo la certeza de ello sigo adelante.

StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
Every goddamn day. It hurts so much, but especially in the summer when there's no classes. I see everyone I knew from my childhood enjoying their lives on Instagram while I've been rotting alone in my room for years at this point. People who abused me growing up are travelling all over and being happy. I doubt any of them even remember that I exist.
But I guess I deserve it since I didn't appreciate what I had when I was younger. The truth is that I don't have what it takes to be loved, wanted and appreciated but it's hard to deal with.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Even amongst the mainstream population, loneliness is a huge issue for modern people. For the first 200,000 years of human history, we had tribes, or at least had congregations, local communities or large families.

It's very easy in today's soulless cities today to have nothing - or worse, social media which falsely portrays other people as constantly having a great time. Having a thousand followers online is not a substitute for a close-knit group of teammates through life.

Add in the abuse and resulting social anxiety that many of us have experienced and it's easy to see why it can be so debilitating.

There's a certain tragic irony in having billions of people crammed together on a planet, so many of them predominantly experiencing loneliness.

• Informative
Reactions: outatime_85 and StolenLife