Toxic Positivity

Toxic Positivity

At my own pace
Feb 11, 2022
I feel so lonely at night. I want to be around people. I want to be loved and understood, but instead I am alone in my room on a suicide website. I have a Netflix tab open watching something I don't care about and a job listing board, for which I qualify for none of the positions available. I am trying to hold it together in this little hell. God help me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: S like suicide, NobodyKnowsMe, WonderingSoul and 22 others
G

Glowarm

F*ck everyone and everything
Apr 8, 2022
Sounds pretty tough, I'm sorry that you're going through that. Not sure if it'll help or not, but I'm routing for you and also here if you want to listen.

• Hugs
Reactions: WonderingSoul, natali4, Ashu and 4 others
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Feeling loneliness is terrible. I also have a hard time dealing with it.

• Hugs
Reactions: S like suicide, natali4 and Ashu
P

problematicblue

:/
May 1, 2022
Yeah, loneliness does suck. I'm sorry you're stuck in that place- but I'm here if you need someone to vent to.

• Love
Reactions: Ashu and Toxic Positivity
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you are going through this. I know that loneliness can be painful for many people. I hope that you find relief from your suffering and I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Toxic Positivity
esseff

esseff

Oct 21, 2020
I know how hard it is to want to be loved and understood, and the feeling of not being is difficult to deal with. But it has to be okay to be where you are right now, and to make it feel okay, you allow what is to be. And that means what's happening in this moment, and by allowing it and accepting it, you make room for something to change.

It's lonely watching things you're not interested in. Filling up time. Wanting things to change but nothing is. And it's easy for me to say that everything changes, but everything always does. You just have to hold on until it does. But in the meantime, don't focus on what you think is missing. It may seem like it's missing right now, and you think that were it not missing everything would be okay. But the fact is thinking it is missing makes it difficult to accept things as they are, and the ironic thing is, when you stop noticing what's missing, it either stops being an issue, or something arrives unexpected.

• Love
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
I'm sorry you are going through this. It's so difficult when you yearn for companionship and connection, and find yourself here.

It's something I experience frequently too. Not only the loneliness itself, but how my conditions and pain act as a constant, impenetrable barrier to connection. Quite often, I wake up feeling empty and isolated. If the pain fails to awaken me, the nightmares surely will. The symptoms are debilitating, it's impossible to focus and any attempt to reach out to anyone falls apart as a result.

I am always trapped: I can't sleep but being awake is unbearable. I'm lonely but talking to someone is a Sisyphean struggle. I'm in pain but there's nothing in my possession that can alleviate it. I am desperate to die but I don't want to, I need to. It's a ceaseless sense of being stuck.

If you are ever up late at night and feeling alone, you're welcome to message me. That goes for anyone here too. No expectation or pressure of course, I simply wanted to put that offer out there. I understand how being awake in the middle of the night and isolated in our pain can be crippling, especially when we are not the best company for ourselves.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Toxic Positivity, fatefulstillness and 6 others
T

treetop.grazer

Student
Jan 11, 2022
Loneliness is a big thing for me ATM too. It's not that I don't have people and friends in my life just that none of them live nearby anymore. My kids have all left home for uni and they are such an enormous part of my life that it's really broken my heart that they're not here with me anymore.

My wife is a self-centered twat and we've drifted apart for years, barely saying more than a few sentences a day to each other. None of my friends live nearby so I can't just pop over, I talk to most of them daily but it's not the same as the days where we'd just meet up at the pub or a coffee.

So most days for me now are walking around on my own, just to get out of the house.

It hurts, it really does.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Toxic Positivity and novem
novem

novem

Experienced
May 9, 2022
That is what happening to me too. My life and body is a shipwreck.

• Hugs
Reactions: Toxic Positivity and treetop.grazer
braindead911

braindead911

May 14, 2022
I feel so lonely at night. I want to be around people. I want to be loved and understood, but instead I am alone in my room on a suicide website. I have a Netflix tab open watching something I don't care about and a job listing board, for which I qualify for none of the positions available. I am trying to hold it together in this little hell. God help me.
Yeah the night time is the worst! Hugs.

• Hugs
natali4

natali4

Student
May 24, 2021
Loneliness is the worst. I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm in the same spot. I can do things to keep my mind busy during the day, but the night hits different

• Hugs
Reactions: treetop.grazer and Toxic Positivity
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
Try playing video games where you can find team and talk on discord but If you don't want to do It you might be right, because those people can be really nasty, some of them are cool. There are many people that share same struggle of being lonely, me included. I have many things to do so I do not feel lonely. I have personal projects, games, groups, lots of studying to do. But If you are depressed you might not want to do any of those things.

Also most of netflix stuff is just down bad these days. Go try to find preacher (violent show about preacher trying to find god) if you want to kill some time.
Peace out.

• Love