F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
I am really worried that all the recent paracetamol shenanigans has got me a one way ticket to the psych ward. They want me to go in voluntarily, but if need be they'll bring out the big guns ie section. I am so worried, it's the last place i want to be. I feel worried and alone and if anything, the threat of hospitalisation just makes me feel more suicidal. Any advice on how to get out of this almighty mess??
Why is it that the people who are meant to be helping you ie shrinks, just make it so much worse?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence and GoodPersonEffed
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I've never had any positive experiences when it comes to psychiatrists, counselors etc. If there is no way of getting out of being sent to a psych ward then it would be best to go on your own accord than kicking and screaming.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I have no experience with the mental health system, and from the sounds of it I don't want any

F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
I have managed to avoid the psych system for a long time. As last time I was in hospital it was so awful that I vowed never to go near them again. But things are really bad just now, and they are involved whether I like it or not. I remember being held down and given an injection of God knows what, the last time. Being bullied by shrinks who had no concept of human suffering whatsoever. Mind you, I didn't do myself any favours by quoting Voltaire at the shrink, ha ha.
" Doctors prescribe medicines, of which they know little. To people of which they know even less"
I've never had any positive experiences when it comes to psychiatrists, counselors etc. If there is no way of getting out of being sent to a psych ward then it would be best to go on your own accord than kicking and screaming.
You are probably right, do it on my terms, so to speak. Thanks for the input

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
The only thing I can say about mental health system, that is only a thing that cost a lot of money, and most of time for nothing.
I have already see 3 psychotherapist, it was only speak with a wall during 30min, then paid 90€. Every week for maybe 2 years. It cost me a lot, without any result, I tried other psychotherapists, same result. So I see them as a big legal scam.

I only past some week at the psych ward when I was around 13 yrs old, so I think it's not the same for an adult, so I can't really talk about this, but in my memory it was only boring, you do nothing all day since you say you feel better only to them let you out, but in fact it's still cost a lot for nothing, only for the society can said "'we tried to help him !" to be seen positively by the public opinion.

Don't be worried, but I can't say that you will be helped by them. Just wait, say you are good and they will free you, they only act like this because of the society, but in fact medication and isolation don't really help. Take it at a social vacation and as an experience ...

Good luck I hope all will be fine for you.

F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
The only thing I can say about mental health system, that is only a thing that cost a lot of money, and most of time for nothing.
I have already see 3 psychotherapist, it was only speak with a wall during 30min, then paid 90€. Every week for maybe 2 years. It cost me a lot, without any result, I tried other psychotherapists, same result. So I see them as a big legal scam.

I only past some week at the psych ward when I was around 13 yrs old, so I think it's not the same for an adult, so I can't really talk about this, but in my memory it was only boring, you do nothing all day since you say you feel better only to them let you out, but in fact it's still cost a lot for nothing, only for the society can said "'we tried to help him !" to be seen positively by the public opinion.

Don't be worried, but I can't say that you will be helped by them. Just wait, say you are good and they will free you, they only act like this because of the society, but in fact medication and isolation don't really help. Take it at a social vacation and as an experience ...

Good luck I hope all will be fine for you.
Thanks, I like your idea of treating it as a social vacation !! But I have a lot of responsibilities that I can't just walk away from. It's all got so messy, aargh

P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
Mental ward is worse than prison, cuz prison guards are not allowed to give you medications, but in mental ward the doctors can do to you whatever they want.

Last edited:
F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
Mental ward is worse than prison, cuz prison guards are not allowed to give you medications, in mental ward the doctors can do to you whatever they want.
I totally agree with you on that, but now i'm experienced enough to know how to wean myself off any meds, when I'm freed !

F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
How do you wean yourself off meds? Is that what you are asking? You just slowly decrease the dosage until you can stop altogether. Some meds take longer to come off than others. But there will still be some withdrawal symptoms, you just have to stick with it.

V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
Thanks, I like your idea of treating it as a social vacation !! But I have a lot of responsibilities that I can't just walk away from. It's all got so messy, aargh

It's understandable, but maybe you could prepare it to make the change more smooth, like when you prepare a long vacation. Or maybe you could don't go at all, but I think it's easier to out from a voluntary internment than a forced one.

Reactions: Fullof pain
F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
It's understandable, but maybe you could prepare it to make the change more smooth, like when you prepare a long vacation. Or maybe you could don't go at all, but I think it's easier to out from a voluntary internment than a forced one.
I really don't want sectioned because then it's harder to get out.

V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
I really don't want sectioned because then it's harder to get out.

It's just a theory, I think someone will be better to talk about this than me, but as a see from the global mental health system, is if it's of your own free will, or perceived as such, they should take it as a step forward. To confirm from someone who have known this before try it for real.

Reactions: Fullof pain
F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
I do agree, cooperation versus coercion. I just need to get my head around it. I have big issues with people taking away my control. So it might be in my favour to just go along with it. I'll give this some consideration.

Reactions: Varstraben