selaore

selaore

Aug 15, 2020
Hi everyone,

Does anyone recognise this feeling:
I feel lonely most of the time. I felt like this when I was a kid (and had my parents and siblings around) and when I was a teenager (but I thought that's how teenagers were supposed to feel, like from the sad songs) and then when I was in my early twenties still I kept feeling lonely, even though I had friends. I thought it might go away when I got older, but now I'm nearly 30 and still feel like this. It's not that I don't have friends, I do, and close ones too. But I feel like I'm never going to get this deep connection that people feel that doesn't make them feel lonely. I always have the feeling I am looking for love or connection but I'm never going to get it.
it's the main reason that I have had suicidal thoughts since I was a kid. It's like I always felt there was something missing.
I don't know if someone recognises this; it's hard to explain.

thanks for reading!

• Hugs
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, 1DayItWillBover, Wrennie and 6 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Loneliness can be really depressing.
In my case, I used to have lots of friends and "an active family who was always there" but I ended up becoming a shut-in. I like loneliness because I can think of CTB more properly like this. Anyway, it still hurts, I mean, having nobody out there for you sucks.

Wish you the best and hope you can find peace!

hugs and love

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: selaore, Wrennie, NodusTollens and 2 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I relate to your post a lot. I've often felt like I just don't fit in this world and am incapable of forming any meaningful connections. I've felt like some weird alien most of my life.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ohhgeeitsme, selaore, Wrennie and 4 others
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
I've always felt alone, was the way growing up. Even when I had my long term relationship at 30 (now ended) I always felt lonely. Don't belong and never at ease around others

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ohhgeeitsme, selaore, Wrennie and 2 others
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I can relate. My loneliness is my own doing. People like me, want to be my friend and even want to date me, but the older I get, the more I isolate myself. I still want friendships too. I used to have a very active social life and lots of friends and now I don't hang out with anyone but my dog. I never feel that deep connection like you describe with people and I do crave it. I wish I didn't. I feel like I don't know how to let people get close to me. I always keep myself at a distance and I don't even intentionally do it. I've always felt like I was on the outside of everything, looking in. There's just always been a huge disconnect between me and the world and I don't know how to change it. I simply feel like I don't belong anywhere and I'm always in search of a place to call home. I have a feeling I'll be wandering endlessly for these deep connections everyone else talks about for the rest of my life.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: selaore, Bigpink, Wrennie and 3 others
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Hi everyone,

Does anyone recognise this feeling:
I feel lonely most of the time. I felt like this when I was a kid (and had my parents and siblings around) and when I was a teenager (but I thought that's how teenagers were supposed to feel, like from the sad songs) and then when I was in my early twenties still I kept feeling lonely, even though I had friends. I thought it might go away when I got older, but now I'm nearly 30 and still feel like this. It's not that I don't have friends, I do, and close ones too. But I feel like I'm never going to get this deep connection that people feel that doesn't make them feel lonely. I always have the feeling I am looking for love or connection but I'm never going to get it.
it's the main reason that I have had suicidal thoughts since I was a kid. It's like I always felt there was something missing.
I don't know if someone recognises this; it's hard to explain.

thanks for reading!

—hugs— I think I've experienced this, if not something similar, as well.

A foreboding feeling of emptiness/loneliness, like no matter who I was with I was a separate entity to everyone else. I longed for human connection, making friends & allowing people to use me in a desperate effort to seal the gapping wound in my chest where my heart should be.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Bigpink, selaore, ohhgeeitsme and 2 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I feel like I don't know how to let people get close to me. I always keep myself at a distance and I don't even intentionally do it. I've always felt like I was on the outside of everything, looking in. There's just always been a huge disconnect between me and the world and I don't know how to change it. I simply feel like I don't belong anywhere and I'm always in search of a place to call home.

I feel like I could've written this about myself. I so totally relate fam :hug:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: selaore, NodusTollens and ohhgeeitsme
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
Loneliness is the main reason I'm ctb. I'm some alien or robot wearing a skin suit and it shows, because I've never been able to breach that emotional gap and become acceptable to other people.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: selaore, NodusTollens, Bigpink and 3 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Sometimes I feel lonely, but then I think of what a hassle it is to interact with others and maintain relationships.
I wish that I craved companionship enough to override my reclusive tendencies.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: selaore, foxdie, MrBlue and 3 others
selaore

selaore

Aug 15, 2020
Loneliness can be really depressing.
In my case, I used to have lots of friends and "an active family who was always there" but I ended up becoming a shut-in. I like loneliness because I can think of CTB more properly like this. Anyway, it still hurts, I mean, having nobody out there for you sucks.

Wish you the best and hope you can find peace!

hugs and love
Thank you, I hope you can too!
I relate to your post a lot. I've often felt like I just don't fit in this world and am incapable of forming any meaningful connections. I've felt like some weird alien most of my life.
Yes, that's also the feeling: not fitting in this world.

• Love
Reactions: foxdie and WornOutLife
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I'm too used to being alone to really feel lonely anymore. I wish there were people who really understood me and who I could be around with and say anything to, but it's impossible.

• Hugs
Reactions: foxdie and MrBlue
selaore

selaore

Aug 15, 2020
I've always felt alone, was the way growing up. Even when I had my long term relationship at 30 (now ended) I always felt lonely. Don't belong and never at ease around others
I used to hope that I would feel less alone when I would have a long term relationship. For some reason I never had one and a few months ago I kind of lost hope of finding one and feeling less alone.
Thanks for sharing! X
I can relate. My loneliness is my own doing. People like me, want to be my friend and even want to date me, but the older I get, the more I isolate myself. I still want friendships too. I used to have a very active social life and lots of friends and now I don't hang out with anyone but my dog. I never feel that deep connection like you describe with people and I do crave it. I wish I didn't. I feel like I don't know how to let people get close to me. I always keep myself at a distance and I don't even intentionally do it. I've always felt like I was on the outside of everything, looking in. There's just always been a huge disconnect between me and the world and I don't know how to change it. I simply feel like I don't belong anywhere and I'm always in search of a place to call home. I have a feeling I'll be wandering endlessly for these deep connections everyone else talks about for the rest of my life.
Yes: "I feel like I don't know how to let people close to me" and also the craving.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: foxdie
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I have definitely always felt very lonely. I have ASD and it has always made interacting with people that bit more awkward than it should be. I barely feel human half the time, it's like I am just a part of the environment for everyone rather than a person.