B

Bassem

Apr 12, 2023
How did you stop feeling lonely, I turned 18 around 2 weeks ago (I hate birthdays as they remind me of how long I've been depressed for and usually break down around birthdays or during them) but I thought hey this is a milestone for me I'm finally an adult so I tried getting over it , on that day I heard from no one, Not a single message from friends or relatives and I just sat there waiting next to my phone for anyone to acknowledge it and nothing came, even the next day I hoped someone would hit me up saying they forgot that it was yesterday and that they wished me a happy birthday but again, Nothing came of it. i realised how insignificant I am that day even though I've been trying to talk to people .
Any tips on how to overcome loneliness I don't wanna get consumed by it .
P.S(I've been this lonely since I was 15 but the feeling comes in waves usually but this times it's really not going away, It makes me question if living is worth it when people don't even know I exist)

• Hugs
Reactions: detectiveprince
detectiveprince

detectiveprince

Apr 15, 2023
I actually relate to how you have been feeling.
Generally, most of that loneliness can be attributed to being inside all day as silly as that sounds.
Whenever I have a break from academics, I don't really go out much and those existential thoughts set in.

Try going to cafes, libraries, just places where people are in general. You don't have to talk to them, but just having people around you can be comforting and ease the loneliness. If you're feeling more sociable, try making some friends online or in person. Giving a smile, and generally being confident is enough to make people like you. If your current friends aren't being that attentive to you, they're probably used to your own self-isolation and got exhausted from reaching out-- though that doesn't mean there's something wrong with you; it's a literal chemical imbalance in your brain. You have intrinsic value through your own expression of existence.

And being honest, if they don't show care for you, then were they ever your friends? It's not your fault, I promise; I've lived through it myself. Just stay strong and meet new people.

At a certain point, I just ended up accepting that no one will truly understand me interpersonally as I do interpersonally. Of course I have friends, but the first step in recovery is finding comfort in your own being. Delve into hobbies, walk around, and see what local places have to offer.

If you can find solace in your own solitude, I think that eases the digging feeling of loneliness.

B

Bassem

Apr 12, 2023
I appreciate you taking the time to respond, but the thing is I live in a bum fuck country there's nothing to do, there's not many public places that you could just go to and chill and I don't really have time for that nowadays even if there were because I've got some really important exams coming up and I'm stuck home all day studying and being depressed, I used to be a huge gym guy and even that I don't have time for anymore there's literally nothing I can do in this scenario