• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

peternotnice

peternotnice

Sep 21, 2019
I'd like to ask your opinion about the feeling of being alone.
I'm surrounded by family, friends, I've a bf (he lives in another city, we're in open relationship and he introduced a friend as kind of romantic attraction recently, hard but acceptable to me), I'm studying a master I like (music composition), I'm working in a nice place, etc. Everything looks fine in my life, I had hard moments this year, a close one attempted suicide, I had health problems, argued with my parents... It was a hard year but now everything's solved.
But now, after all, I feel sad/depressed and with a deep feeling of being alone. The feeling becomes stronger after lunch and before going to bed at night.
Any ideas or people feeling similar?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: hatelife
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
I live alone and I'm unemployed so I have no human contact 90% of the time. Its awful.

I am lucky enough to have tons of friends and a good relationship with my family. I feel happy when I'm around them and I wouldn't want to CTB in that mood. That feeling goes away almost immediately after whatever social event is over. Having to go back home on my own after having spent a good time with friends is the absolute worst. I cant cope on my own - I used to think I liked my own space but I have come to wish I had somebody in my life more and more as the years roll by.

I hate sleeping the most. I procrastinate - I put off my bed time, and use gadgets and screens in bed, I eat late... all DELIBERATELY to avoid going to sleep. I find it totally unbearable. I haven't been able to sleep properly in years.

Reactions: peternotnice and Final Escape
F

Francois

Nov 20, 2019
I'd like to ask your opinion about the feeling of being alone.
I'm surrounded by family, friends, I've a bf (he lives in another city, we're in open relationship and he introduced a friend as kind of romantic attraction recently, hard but acceptable to me), I'm studying a master I like (music composition), I'm working in a nice place, etc. Everything looks fine in my life, I had hard moments this year, a close one attempted suicide, I had health problems, argued with my parents... It was a hard year but now everything's solved.
But now, after all, I feel sad/depressed and with a deep feeling of being alone. The feeling becomes stronger after lunch and before going to bed at night.
Any ideas or people feeling similar?

In my experience night depression was mainly caused by fatigue.
Do you think if your love was closer things would have been better?

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'm totally isolated but with no family and few friends I barely see. I'm not employed on paper. I would like to leave now lol!

peternotnice

peternotnice

Sep 21, 2019
In my experience night depression was mainly caused by fatigue.
Do you think if your love was closer things would have been better?
I think so, if he was closer and I could see him more often I'd be happier, but we can't move right now, we both study in our cities.
I'm totally isolated but with no family and few friends I barely see. I'm not employed on paper. I would like to leave now lol!
to me it helped joining telegram groups of stuff I like, for example: musicians, artists, theater, etc, and find people close to my hometown, meet them and make new friends.
I live alone and I'm unemployed so I have no human contact 90% of the time. Its awful.

I am lucky enough to have tons of friends and a good relationship with my family. I feel happy when I'm around them and I wouldn't want to CTB in that mood. That feeling goes away almost immediately after whatever social event is over. Having to go back home on my own after having spent a good time with friends is the absolute worst. I cant cope on my own - I used to think I liked my own space but I have come to wish I had somebody in my life more and more as the years roll by.

I hate sleeping the most. I procrastinate - I put off my bed time, and use gadgets and screens in bed, I eat late... all DELIBERATELY to avoid going to sleep. I find it totally unbearable. I haven't been able to sleep properly in years.
wow, I totally understand the feeling of post-friends/couple. When I go to my bf's city to visit and I have to return I become reaaaally sad and sleep less and less. I also like to procastinate sleeping, 'cause I don't feel like going to sleep.

Last edited: