B

Bodydysmorphia34

Oct 31, 2023
While I am a person who doesn't constantly need people around them, there are times when I feel lonely.

I have 0 friends, no boyfriend but at least contact with my family

Making friends is super difficult for me because I feel like I'm not compatible with most people. Other than that, because of my bad experiences, I am convinced that all humans are inherently evil, selfish and exploit you for their own benefits (some more and some less).

And dating as a gay man is horribly shallow (I know straight people are shallow too but for gays it is only about looks and wealth). Most gay men would leave you/cheat on you ASAP if a hottie becomes available (I know it's harsh but that's just the truth, faithfulness doesn't really exist in the gay community).

I just wish I could leave this planet forever.

• Hugs
Reactions: moonlightwilderness, depressedjhit, daydreams and 10 others
G

godsseepiestsoldier

Oct 22, 2023
Nah thats real af bro the gay male dating scene is a real nightmare. Grinder is like the fucking trenches 😭 and most gay men r so shallow its insane. Also the amount of homophobic straight men "experimenting" r always so gross.

Reactions: f1lth, Meditation guide and Bodydysmorphia34
empty sighs

empty sighs

deserves to die “しがみつくな”
Feb 14, 2022
Could you try dating trans men or try dating internationally? The culture around same-sex loving men may be different in other cultures.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I feel bad for you OP, that sounds miserable.

There is an article in the New York Times today about the same problem for straight women with finding men who want a relationship. Politicians have been putting pressure on single women to get married so kids have a mother and father both, as if there is a willing pool of available straight men.

"Most gay men would leave you/cheat on you ASAP if a hottie becomes available"--- straight men too!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: empty sighs and owano
B

Bodydysmorphia34

Oct 31, 2023
I feel bad for you OP, that sounds miserable.

There is an article in the New York Times today about the same problem for straight women with finding men who want a relationship. Politicians have been putting pressure on single women to get married so kids have a mother and father both, as if there is a willing pool of available straight men.

"Most gay men would leave you/cheat on you ASAP if a hottie becomes available"--- straight men too!

So the problem is men in general ^^ maybe it would be better if I was into women but I just don't feel any sexual or emotional attraction to women

Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
So the problem is men in general ^^ maybe it would be better if I was into women but I just don't feel any sexual or emotional attraction to women
That was the gist of the New York Times article, that men are addicts, alcoholics, uneducated, don't want to work, don't want a relationship, have no plans to marry ever, go in and out of jail, cheat lie and steal, and are irresponsible in general now.

Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
I totally get you OP. All the men I've seen are just looking for hookups and nothing else. It's honestly concerning - every single man on Grindr wants nothing more than to have a one-night stand and go on their way from then on. Dating culture for gay people in general hardly exists, it's like every man is hypersexual or something...I don't understand it in the slightest.

ForeverBroken

ForeverBroken

Memento mori
Jun 17, 2023
As a middle age straight woman, I had no idea that these issues were a problem. I am so sorry for what you are going through. Just wanted to let you know. Hugs to you.

daydreams

daydreams

Nov 14, 2023
Let's just accept the fact that we gonna die alone as gay men
The truth is being gay is not healthy , the human brain and physiology is designed for being straight , that's why we struggle and suffer from mental issues
We can accept our sexual orientation but that doesn't stop the suffering that comes with it

B

Bodydysmorphia34

Oct 31, 2023
Let's just accept the fact that we gonna die alone as gay men
The truth is being gay is not healthy , the human brain and physiology is designed for being straight , that's why we struggle and suffer from mental issues
We can accept our sexual orientation but that doesn't stop the suffering that comes with it

The thing is I would be fine living as a gay man if the community wasn't as bad as it is. I constantly hear and read the gay community is toxic because of the repression gay people have faced by the heteronormative society but that's just a pathetic excuse to justify their toxicity imo. A gay man who discriminates other gays isn't better than a straight man who discriminates gay men.

Reactions: noname478