bondage

bondage

stitch up my heart, stop the bleeding
Jan 16, 2024
Hi I'm looking to see if there are any fellow lolitas on this site. I dress in gothic but I'm starting to branch out into old school. Just as the way I dress I want to CTB beautifully. Any methods you guys have thought of? Something not too performative but still meaningful. I don't want to ruin my coords with blood or dirt. ~_~

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: maidens, touhoufan, Adûnâi and 6 others
Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
Minors are prohibited on this site. Your intention to search for "lolitas" is very suspicious.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, Fulminare, Rev346 and 1 other person
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
Minors are prohibited on this site. Your intention to search for "lolitas" is very suspicious.
it's okay Labyrinth, lolita's also a type of dressing/fashion aesthetic! :) it's very pretty & interesting. thx for looking after the safety of the site though<3

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: touhoufan, Adûnâi, EvisceratedJester and 10 others
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
You don't understand what OP is talking about. It's not sussy like that. It's a style of dress and culture that's popular in Japan. Don't jump to assumptions. Words mean different things sometimes.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, beelzebul, XcatnipX and 1 other person
bondage

bondage

Jan 16, 2024
LOL no not lolita as in vladimir nabokov. Lolita as in the subculture inspired by rococo france and victorian clothing
xD

Attachments

• e692e463e5bf2d598f404ec5ed693ffd.jpg
    e692e463e5bf2d598f404ec5ed693ffd.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and XcatnipX
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
it's okay Labyrinth, lolita's also a type of dressing/fashion aesthetic! :) it's very pretty & interesting. thx for looking after the safety of the site though<3
A much kinder way to reply. Sorry @Labyrinth for being a little snappy. I'm not having a good day, sorry to lash out a little. 🙏

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and TooLate2582
bondage

bondage

Jan 16, 2024
A much kinder way to reply. Sorry @Labyrinth for being a little snappy. I'm not having a good day, sorry to lash out a little. 🙏
heheh yeahhh i was worried this would happen xD so sad the word has such sexual and pedophilic connotations ~_~

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Adûnâi and AllCatsAreGrey
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
heheh yeahhh i was worried this would happen xD so sad the word has such sexual and pedophilic connotations ~_~
I think it's a beautiful hobby and interest. I don't dress lolita, but respect the dedication to a gentle beauty. I also respect your effort to find a method that's equally beautiful. I was thinking a bit about it. Unfortunately it seems like most methods are not aesthetic. Perhaps an SN tea party? (Very potentially messy)
Maybe hanging? (Potentially very aesthetic, but also high chance of mess)
Possibly CO? Charcoal is messy, but could be handled carefully.
Maybe drowning? (Thinking of famous Ophelia painting)

I've honestly never considered aesthetics in my consideration of method. I can see I'll be thinking about it now.

I'm curious if you have irl friends in the fandom (would you call it a fandom)? It's a niche interest. I imagine it could be isolating. 🫂

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: shrusho, trashhologram and bondage
bondage

bondage

Jan 16, 2024
I think it's a beautiful hobby and interest. I don't dress lolita, but respect the dedication to a gentle beauty. I also respect your effort to find a method that's equally beautiful. I was thinking a bit about it. Unfortunately it seems like most methods are not aesthetic. Perhaps an SN tea party? (Very potentially messy)
Maybe hanging? (Potentially very aesthetic, but also high chance of mess)
Possibly CO? Charcoal is messy, but could be handled carefully.

I've honestly never considered aesthetics in my consideration of method. I can see I'll be thinking about it now.

I'm curious if you have irl friends in the fandom (would you call it a fandom)? It's a niche interest. I imagine it could be isolating. 🫂
I love the tea party idea very much honestly. I could plan out something around that as I live on my own. Hahah it would feel like a danganronpa death scene. I just pictured it in my head and it was so beautiful.

You would usually call fashion subcultures as a community xD. :( I don't go outside enough to meet one IRL but I am really hoping to at least online before I CTB. Luckily my partner supports my hobby and is also into a related subculture so i don't feel too isolated but it would be nice to talk to someone about lolita who really understands. But then again I'm a nervous wreck even when typing ;>_< Thank you so much for the kind words <3 This subculture has a lot of negative connotations to it so it makes me happy you think its beautiful.

• Hugs
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey
chronicsoup

chronicsoup

Dec 3, 2023
Hi I'm looking to see if there are any fellow lolitas on this site. I dress in gothic but I'm starting to branch out into old school. Just as the way I dress I want to CTB beautifully. Any methods you guys have thought of? Something not too performative but still meaningful. I don't want to ruin my coords with blood or dirt. ~_~
I hope my pfp is somehow recognizable

chronicsoup

chronicsoup

Dec 3, 2023
mana samaaaaaa ofc ofc i love vkei *-* who do you listen to?
this will look very bad if I dont preface, but I've been a huge Malice Mizer for 5+ years at this point, but I've made barely any attempt to look at the rest of the genre besides Moi Dix Mois (which does not count). As of recently I've really got into the GazettE, so much so I've spent every night until 3am of this month practicing and learning their songs for guitar. I also know abt Versailles, Leraine, Dué le Quartz, and Kaneto Juusei (all very basic picks i know)

I've always traditionally been a metalhead but if you have any other reccs I need to hear please do give me some :) id love to get more invested.

Reactions: XcatnipX
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I don't see what that has to do with suicide, but I've found I dress up in unconventional ways when I reach my most stressed. I went on a shopping haul online a couple days ago to try and convince myself to live so I could show off my stuff. Weird but oddly effective way to keep living.

Reactions: Fulminare
bondage

bondage

Jan 16, 2024
this will look very bad if I dont preface, but I've been a huge Malice Mizer for 5+ years at this point, but I've made barely any attempt to look at the rest of the genre besides Moi Dix Mois (which does not count). As of recently I've really got into the GazettE, so much so I've spent every night until 3am of this month practicing and learning their songs for guitar. I also know abt Versailles, Leraine, Dué le Quartz, and Kaneto Juusei (all very basic picks i know)

I've always traditionally been a metalhead but if you have any other reccs I need to hear please do give me some :) id love to get more invested.
If your a metalhead try listening to mejibray and deviloof. Amazing riffs and vocals. Have you seen kami's work outside of malice mizer? His songs make me feel like a marionette :D

I don't see what that has to do with suicide, but I've found I dress up in unconventional ways when I reach my most stressed. I went on a shopping haul online a couple days ago to try and convince myself to live so I could show off my stuff. Weird but oddly effective way to keep living.
Hmmm I don't know how to put this... I want my death to represent my life as well. To die in clothing that I live for someone makes me feel like I will live forever in those clothing. I definitely live everyday for my clothing though. Honestly its a huge form of escapism for me. A beautiful death in beautiful clothing I want everything to be ideal for me because I can only die once

• Love
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey and Abyssal
logi3535

logi3535

even in death, may you be triumphant
Jan 8, 2024
i think that's really cool! :D lolita is a very pretty style, i hope you find what you're looking for

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I used to dress in lolita when I was in my late teens. It's a beautiful clothing style, I like it to this day.

Reactions: trashhologram
beelzebul

beelzebul

(;´д`)ゞ
Oct 10, 2023
I LOVE lolita fashion. Before I got fat, I used to dress full lolita for anime conventions. People stopped me for photos!! That was a wild time. 💀

• Love
Reactions: trashhologram
trashhologram

trashhologram

⚰ Baby, let me decompose ⚰
Dec 15, 2023
I don't dress up in lolita fashion but In love it! If I could sew or afford/be able to thrift lolita style clothes and accessories I would dress in gothic lolita sometimes. It's such a cute and cool style!

RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Staring at the ceiling for 6 hours
Nov 9, 2023
Hi fellow j-fashion enthusiast! I wear sweet lolita, sadly I have no suggestions for you that haven't already been mentioned. All I can think of is that Kamikaze Girls quote:
Kamikaze Girls
I was actually planning on selling my wardrobe before trying to CTB because I don't want my parents rummaging through my closet and blaming "anime shit" (their words, not mine) on why I want to CTB. They've already weaponized my interests before (I learned the word "suicide" from a manga as a kid, so now they think japanese fiction is what "made me suicidal" lol), hopefully you don't have to deal with that.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Adûnâi, bondage and AllCatsAreGrey
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Lolita is a type of japanese street fashion that is influenced by Victorian and Rococo period clothing and styles. It has nothing to do with minors.

iu

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bondage and Adûnâi
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Lolita is a type of japanese street fashion that is influenced by Victorian and Rococo period clothing and styles. It has nothing to do with minors.

iu
Your nice examples make we wonder about starting a thread in off topic. (Not to say that OP posted in the wrong place.) It'd be fun to share fashion that makes us happy. I'd watch that thread, even though I'm not in the community. I get inspiration when people share their special interests. 💖

It does seem the thread has become more about explaining lolita than helping OP with her question. Are there any thoughts you have about the particulars of a potential method @bondage? You mentioned you liked the tea party idea. Maybe you could pour the water like making tea. What sort of things would you like to have around? Would you have a stand-in guest?

Maybe you could have your supplement meds on nice plates, to be taken on schedule. You mentioned you live on your own, so you may be able to stage a grand and beautiful tea party.

Personally, I find it very cathartic to plan my method - even with no specific time in mind. Perhaps spending time planning the details could be soothing for you. I could imagine this to be a nice way to surround yourself with the beautiful things that draw you to the fashion. And maybe perhaps this would be calming for you at the time.
This is beautiful! What is it from?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: bondage and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
so sad the word has such sexual and pedophilic connotations ~_~
Well, the original story is such, isn't it? Also, your name is "bondage" and the profile pic... Lmao Ican't

But on the topic - is the fashion culture adjacent to the goths and emos? Because suicide seems to have been all the rage in their communities, but they don't really exist anymore?

Personally, I feel like a whiny emo teenager inside, even though I'm too clueless/autistic to use an eyeliner, let alone find emos IRL to partake in some fashion statement. I feel like a fraud, and that my suicidality is indeed "just a phase".

And regarding the subject proper - everyone here seems to hate drowning, and I understand that finding a river might be problematic, but I did kind of thought of it in the past, especially in conjunction with bondage (I have shackles, although they're so annoying to put on). I heard people say it's painful, however?

Other than that, poisoning such as SN should fit the bill of clean death? Aside from the danger of vomiting?

bondage

bondage

Jan 16, 2024
Well, the original story is such, isn't it? Also, your name is "bondage" and the profile pic... Lmao Ican't

But on the topic - is the fashion culture adjacent to the goths and emos? Because suicide seems to have been all the rage in their communities, but they don't really exist anymore?

Personally, I feel like a whiny emo teenager inside, even though I'm too clueless/autistic to use an eyeliner, let alone find emos IRL to partake in some fashion statement. I feel like a fraud, and that my suicidality is indeed "just a phase".

And regarding the subject proper - everyone here seems to hate drowning, and I understand that finding a river might be problematic, but I did kind of thought of it in the past, especially in conjunction with bondage (I have shackles, although they're so annoying to put on). I heard people say it's painful, however?

Other than that, poisoning such as SN should fit the bill of clean death? Aside from the danger of vomiting?
firstly I am talking about the lolita subculture, not me as a person. I picked the name "bondage" because I feel bound by societal pressures. The profile expresses my love for body modification. ^-^ But I hope that my love for these things don't portray me sexually. I see it more as art. I like to express my hobbies and interests any way I can.

As much as there are depressed lolitas there are ones full of life as well. The subculture is small but I think its still alive mainly through the internet. Definitely not dead but maybe dying. Its similar to goth and emo in the sense that it is a rebellion of sort. But I feel like any subculture tries to rebel against society.

Hmmm I wouldn't personally drown because I'm scared of fish due to watching river monsters at a young age xD. But yesss I will probably go down the SN route the more I research on this site.
Your nice examples make we wonder about starting a thread in off topic. (Not to say that OP posted in the wrong place.) It'd be fun to share fashion that makes us happy. I'd watch that thread, even though I'm not in the community. I get inspiration when people share their special interests. 💖

It does seem the thread has become more about explaining lolita than helping OP with her question. Are there any thoughts you have about the particulars of a potential method @bondage? You mentioned you liked the tea party idea. Maybe you could pour the water like making tea. What sort of things would you like to have around? Would you have a stand-in guest?

Maybe you could have your supplement meds on nice plates, to be taken on schedule. You mentioned you live on your own, so you may be able to stage a grand and beautiful tea party.

Personally, I find it very cathartic to plan my method - even with no specific time in mind. Perhaps spending time planning the details could be soothing for you. I could imagine this to be a nice way to surround yourself with the beautiful things that draw you to the fashion. And maybe perhaps this would be calming for you at the time.

This is beautiful! What is it from?
That seems like such fun! I hope someone does start a jfashion thread in off topic I would love to contribute to it. *-* Or should I start one

Abt the method I was thinking are there any lethal plants I could get my hands on? I remember reading a reddit thread about some lethal plants that gets you super high but the wrong dose could kill. I could make it into the tea and pour it. I have a small floor table that would be surrounded with my favorite stuffed animals and a picture of my partner.

I agree. It's been very peaceful thinking about different methods. Esp since these past few days have been rough v_v

The picture is a screenshot from one of my fav movies! Kamikaze girls. Watch it if you have time. I believe it is the most popular movie abt lolita fashion. One of the reasons i got into the subculture tbh!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Hmmm I wouldn't personally drown because I'm scared of fish due to watching river monsters at a young age xD
This genuinely made me laugh, thanks! There's a billion reasons making drowning a suboptimal route (people seeing you, getting to the middle, finding a large enough waterway, and of course drowning itself), but fish? I don't think they even exist anymore, rivers have been so polluted.

A tea ceremony sounds spot on, however! I'd never think in such an artistic way, so that's a good indicator.

• Yay!
Reactions: bondage
bondage

bondage

Jan 16, 2024
Hi fellow j-fashion enthusiast! I wear sweet lolita, sadly I have no suggestions for you that haven't already been mentioned. All I can think of is that Kamikaze Girls quote:
View attachment 127089
I was actually planning on selling my wardrobe before trying to CTB because I don't want my parents rummaging through my closet and blaming "anime shit" (their words, not mine) on why I want to CTB. They've already weaponized my interests before (I learned the word "suicide" from a manga as a kid, so now they think japanese fiction is what "made me suicidal" lol), hopefully you don't have to deal with that.
Hai! So glad to find another jfashion lover here. I love kamikaze girls so much. I wanted to make a sweet lolita coord before CTB. I would say don't sell your wardrobe if you plan on doing it in your room. Personally, I would want to be surrounded by my favorite things. Seeing the hard work of my collection would give me some peace before I CTB. I relate with you though! One of my previous attempts when the fire department was taking my body out of my room the worker saw an anime poster and told my parents something like "Sigh...its all because of those japanese shows." Now they hate my hobbies as well >_<; Feels hard not being accepted by the person who birthed you but that's just life. I always get jealous of people who have accepting and affectionate families. ;-;

Reactions: RosebyAnyName