plushjuggybandit

plushjuggybandit

Feb 22, 2023
im currently living with my ex.
we only dated for about a month and were set to move in together into a friends house before we even started dating.
long story short, i found out my ex is transphobic and it doesnt personally line up with my ideals or what i want in a partner, as im part of the lgbt community so it holds a lot of importance to me. i think everyone in the house, including my ex, is trying to get us back together. theyre always talking as if we will.
me and him had an argument again recently. he wanted to give me a ride home, and said 'only if i can touch your leg while we drive'. i said no, said he can only give me a ride if he doesnt do that. he ended up giving me a ride home anyway. i wanted to talk about what happened and clear the air so i took him up on the offer. it ended in him grilling me for my beliefs even though i was trying to stay respectful of his. so i had enough, told him to fuck off, and left the car.

everyone believes i was in the right but i 'just need patience' with him. but the thing is. i dont see why i should if i dont want to date him? i can be civil but i just dont want a relationship with him. i feel so on edge. i feel like im just waiting for everyone to slowly turn against me and hate me because i dont want to cooperate.

i expressed to my friend that i think i might be developing a small crush on this other guy that i have way more in common with, but she told me that my ex was a little insecure about that guy so its not a good idea and basically told me i have to stay friends with him. but im not interested in him just to make my ex jealous i just genuinely enjoy spending time with him :( i dont see why im not allowed to think about my possible feelings for him just because my ex might get jealous. i dont want to date my ex again ! i feel a little trapped and like anything i say or do is gonna get me in trouble. but im an adult i should be allowed to decide if i want to keep getting to know someone else

AAAH i dont know what to do im so confused and feel constantly on the verge of an anxiety attack.

any advice D:

• Hugs
Reactions: Next-to-Nil and Venus13
Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
The leg comment is subtly disgusting. If you needed a ride he would be cornering you. I'm glad you kept your boundary. This whole situation sounds very trapped and cornered, with multiple people putting unneccesary pressure when you know it's not for you. And someone is suggesting handing him the power to influence who you can and can't date?

You have to find a new home/roommate. I know that's hard though.

plushjuggybandit

plushjuggybandit

Feb 22, 2023
The leg comment is subtly disgusting. If you needed a ride he would be cornering you. I'm glad you kept your boundary. This whole situation sounds very trapped and cornered, with multiple people putting unneccesary pressure when you know it's not for you. And someone is suggesting handing him the power to influence who you can and can't date?

You have to find a new home/roommate. I know that's hard though.
yes thats exactly how it feels! thank you for putting it in words better than i could.

i know its probably the best idea but im so close with one of them i honestly wouldnt know how to approach telling them :(