freecoffee

freecoffee

Feb 6, 2023
I've read through several threads complaining about it and asking for cures but am struggling to find any reason to continue living with anhedonia since pleasure feels like the core behind everything people live for...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, Shivali and jodes2
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
There is a realm beyond pleasure. If you consider that as we all start out as babies completely oriented toward the selfish consumption of pleasures and come to grow out of selfishness (usually by becoming parents and having to care for babies ourselves), that there is a world where pleasure is not the highest priority.

Adults who live solely for pleasure present a picture of consumption driven by a hunger that is never satisfied. As one leaves the world of selfishness and pass through boredom, the world of selflessness can present one with a very different way of living. This realm is often negatively presented as being a doormat or being abused by others. However, one can find satisfaction and even happiness in service to others.

Reactions: freecoffee and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I vaguely conquered the worst of my anhedonia by picking up an old hobby and doing it differently, something old with a new twist. Go back into raving and DJing, but now I'm also starting a club night. It's given me something to keep busy with. Now I'm also running a website, made a group of raving friends I met through a WhatsApp group and Reddit and SoundCloud who are local, running adverts, organising the club night, DJs, venue, sound, light, security... And the kicker is I plan to take lots of drugs 😂 actually really looking forward to it. It's been 20 years since I did this stuff in any serious way. It's good to be back. I feel a bit more like me again. But can I just say, fuck Reddit 😂

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, freecoffee and Walpurgisnacht
Walpurgisnacht

Walpurgisnacht

Lavender
Feb 25, 2023
I vaguely conquered the worst of my anhedonia by picking up an old hobby and doing it differently, something old with a new twist.
I did the same, but it's sorta on and off.

Worst anhedonia I had was when I first tried to quit opioids cold-turkey after a pretty bad hospitalisation, I lost my boyfriend and fell further away from my friends than ever because of that time and that just made it worse.
After several months I could eventually at least attempt doing things again, but it still didn't really improve until I started making music again; it was different than before, but it gave me something to do and on good days I actually enjoyed something for the first time in god knows how long.

Might sound weird but I found that immediately doing what I wanted to do literally as soon as I woke up helped me actually care about doing it. Your morning concept map can be useful for situations like that.

• Love
Reactions: freecoffee and jodes2