Jun 14, 2023
im trying to "live normally" like what my friend said but i don't really know how to

the only problem i can think of is that i always rely on other people for helping me solve the many problems i have and i need always them everyday so they can validate me
i probably have other problems too but i can't really remember those at the moment (i'll update this post if i remembered some)

so can anyone try to help me out a bit?
thanks

maybe if i do this i can finally have a healthy relationship with my friend again...

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart, Praestat_Mori, charlotte_ and 1 other person
Remeer

Remeer

Mar 8, 2023
It would be convenient for you to define what would be "normal" for you
the issue of needing others and seeking validation is normal, your problem may be excessive
My general answer would be that you will begin to look for a way to do things for yourself, no matter how small the things you do, and little by little gain confidence in yourself.
Could you go a little deeper? You mention the issue of validation in a sense of constant need, maybe it's low self-esteem
greetings, be well

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
About your problem, I really do understand how validations can feel very necessary for you. But we cannot live depending on others. There will be time where people won't be there with you and you must stand on your own. So I think a good way to start is learn how to validate yourself. If that is what you seek from others, then it means you haven't been giving that to yourself. Try positive self talk or meditation perhaps? I'm not a pro at this but I think those world.
Also, how to you define normal? You shouldn't live on the normality makes by others if it doesn't fit you at all. Picture a life that you actually want to live. Doesn't mean you can't ask others for advice but the largest part should be yours to decide.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori

Jun 14, 2023
Could you go a little deeper? You mention the issue of validation in a sense of constant need, maybe it's low self-esteem
i remember that i always praise my friend for everything they have done but at the same time i always insult myself like calling myself r*t*rd*d and saying that i deserve to die even though i haven't done anything

i always prioritze making my friend happy rather than myself so maybe that's a big problem too-

Reactions: Remeer
Remeer

Remeer

Mar 8, 2023
If you have any idea why you do that, you should dig as deep as you can (it is not necessary that you publish it)h, the idea is that you understand the reason and start working from there
even so that friendship looks strange, a friendship where you always compliment someone, and the differences of opinion? a friendship is much more