babybrie

babybrie

Mar 11, 2021
Has anyone else thought about the fact that in society it's accepted our parents will grow old and die one day causing us grief and pain and this is seen as inevitable by everyone and we are told to move on, But it's completely unacceptable for anyone to take their lives and in reverse be the ones to cause their parents the grief. Seems a bit unfair, no?

• Hugs
Reactions: astonishedturnip, MatrixPrisoner, loopdaloop and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Yeah, that's the way it is, isn't it? I agree, it doesn't seem very fair. I guess it's just based on some sort of idealism, whereby the elders (older) in society should die first.

Reactions: loopdaloop
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It's only a modern day (and in the developed world) construct that children should outlive their parents. For most of human history people would not have taken that for granted (no matter their social position....Queen Anne had like 20 pregnancies but could not produce an adult heir......world history might have looked different if she had).

Reactions: loopdaloop and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah- I find it horribly ironic that the one person- my Dad- I feel obliged to hang on for (my Mum is already dead) is 50% of the reason I'm here to begin with.

I'm tempted to put in my note- don't be jumping up and down calling this selfish... I stuck around with ideation for 33+ years- just so as not to upset a few people!

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's certainly unfair but anyway no matter what other people say we should have our right to die, none of us are obligated to continue enduring this existence we were so cruelly burdened with in the first place, it's incredibly cruel to expect someone to suffer until they die anyway. I see it as being so inhumane how we are denied more peaceful and reliable method options to escape from all the meaningless and unnecessary suffering.

Shattering

Shattering

Jul 16, 2023
True. I love my parents but they live in a different world than me. I'm new so I dont want to bother long-time members with my experiences but I've been on the verge of 'making a decision,' so to speak for a long time and there's alot of toxic positivity and a 'just throw money at it.' Mentality that I feel overwhelmed with guilt at the thought of acting after all the useless 'support' I've been given from people who don't understand.

todiefor

todiefor

Scrap that, nothing matters at all after all
Jun 24, 2023
Yeah- I find it horribly ironic that the one person- my Dad- I feel obliged to hang on for (my Mum is already dead) is 50% of the reason I'm here to begin with.

I'm tempted to put in my note- don't be jumping up and down calling this selfish... I stuck around with ideation for 33+ years- just so as not to upset a few people!
Totally agree

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
My parents do a lot for me but they are emotionally weak as well unfortunately. These reasons alone have kept me around till date, but if it weren't for them I'd have disappeared a while ago. My younger sister would obviously be upset after my passing but she is a strong willed, logical thinking person who would likely move on and be able to function in society just fine after a while. My parents on the other hand would not and this is why I haven't attempted ctb yet.

Reactions: Fall_Apart
WeDontKnowTheFuture

WeDontKnowTheFuture

Student
Feb 3, 2023
My parents do a lot for me but they are emotionally weak as well unfortunately. These reasons alone have kept me around till date, but if it weren't for them I'd have disappeared a while ago. My younger sister would obviously be upset after my passing but she is a strong willed, logical thinking person who would likely move on and be able to function in society just fine after a while. My parents on the other hand would not and this is why I haven't attempted ctb yet.
Same reason right here, I don't know how i will endure all the decades of suffering who will come but i cannot imagine them going trough that.

Reactions: Fall_Apart and delayedcactus
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
It's a crazy paradox. If only enough prehistoric cave people were able to feel this emotion and use it to decide to not reproduce, leading to the exinction of the human race well before were were created, that would have been ideal. Suffering and inevitable death is such a deal-breaker in the argument to justify life. It's mind-boggling that people still choose to reproduce. I mean how much snese does it really take to realize thar lkving is worthless and bringing other people into this world is selfish and reckless.