Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Tears-of-a-Clown Ass Bitch
Sep 26, 2018
So tonight i'm making naan working from a recipe i got from someone i'm still unsure loves me or despises me for everything i do. still got about 30 minutes for the dough to rest before i portion and set it in the oven. currently working my way through a blood orange ale, not too bad although i was expecting it to be more citrus-y

i've made tacos with leftovers as i kill time watching A Serious Man--i'm a big fan of movies that involve people digging holes that only make their lives worse. if u were to ask me my favorite film, i'd say Fargo--i think there's a film called Runaway Train that also fits that bill. big fan of the Coen brothers so maybe one day i'll make peace with how ultra bleak No Country for Old Men is.

for the sake of discussion, i'd be very interested in more films were resolution comes up to a painful end (bonus points if it isn't all-too edgy horror, although i loved the Descent).

i survived a car accident once before, in the moments before collision, Animal Collective's Centipede Hz was playing and i got to hear what i really sound like screaming out of fear, time slowed down just enough for me to be overly self-critical even in that moment, "oh, that's what you sound like when fearing for your life? you sound so ugly."

it'd probably take a lot of steps but i'd be super down to be hit by a high speed transit vehicle. it's a shame the city i live in hasn't passed motions on a subway system. that's the way for me, baby.

Reactions: wxtyubidi7y, windingdown, RM5998 and 7 others
Aesthler

Aesthler

Death is the only God who comes when you call
Sep 25, 2018
I like what you're cooking, but maybe I'm just drunk.

Reactions: stellabelle, Smilla, lv-gras and 1 other person
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
Your post made me hungry. But reminded me of the movie where the guys find the downed airplane. Is that the one?

Reactions: Escargot Shorts
Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Sep 26, 2018
Your post made me hungry. But reminded me of the movie where the guys find the downed airplane. Is that the one?
ive never heard of that one before -- lol are u referring to Donnie Darko jk -- but yea, i've got about 17 min left in this one and so far no plane. but that sounds super interesting.

I like what you're cooking, but maybe I'm just drunk.
one thing i'd like to do here eventually is maybe livepost my cooking. so far a hyperperforative lifestyle is the only thing that keeps me going.

Reactions: lv-gras and Made4TV
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
Just looked it up: A Simple Plan

Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Sep 26, 2018
i'm gonna suppress the urge to make a joke about an early 00s pop punk band... (THANKS!)

Reactions: lv-gras
Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Sep 26, 2018
update: the naan turned out less than stellar. i think i used too much flour as i contended with the dough being a lot stickier than anticipated. but i'm doing a second batch this afternoon while watching A Simple Plan and i'm a little bit more confident with this round. And also. This movie is dope as hell and def fits in my list of favorite movies where 'shit gets worse and also it's snowing', thanks for the rec!

Reactions: Smilla, lv-gras, Delaying and 1 other person
D

Delaying

Oct 1, 2018
When I've made naan before, I found that sticky dough was caused by too little flour not too much.

If you want to try something a bit different, soak some dried fruit in hot water for 30 minutes, drain it and mix it in with the dry naan ingredients to make fruity naan. I use sultanas, pineapple and papaya.

Reactions: Smilla, lv-gras and Escargot Shorts
Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Sep 26, 2018
sticky dough was caused by too little flour not too much.

If you want to try something a bit different, soak some dried fruit in hot water for 30 minutes, drain it and mix it in with the dry naan ingredients to make fruity naan. I use sultanas, pineapple and papaya.
oh that's what i meant yeah--like the dough was way too sticky so i kept adding flour without really paying attention to it and maybe overworking the dough so it got really. not good. a lot of mistakes were made. only some i could attribute to being drunk but still.

and that sounds FUCKING GOOD, thanks for the tip

Reactions: Smilla, lv-gras and DeathBecomesMe
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Naans are a Sunday/holiday exclusive for us here at college, at least as far as the mess food goes. I guess it comes easier for Indians since dough is used mainly for rotis (and other associated products).

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Naans are a Sunday/holiday exclusive for us here at college, at least as far as the mess food goes. I guess it comes easier for Indians since dough is used mainly for rotis (and other associated products).

Naan is amazing

Reactions: lv-gras, RM5998, Escargot Shorts and 1 other person
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I want sourdough bread

Reactions: lv-gras and Escargot Shorts
Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Sep 26, 2018
maybe on my next day off, if we're both alive, i'll do a thread on it :)

Reactions: lv-gras