vuberpoot1

vuberpoot1

Nov 7, 2023
Does anybody else feel like they're falling endlessly when all the little things start to add up? I've been having a rough couple months (to put it extremely lightly) with ups and a lot of downs, but I've managed to wrangle myself just enough to keep going for a little while longer. I struggle with a lot of the usual things, like school, work, ambitions, expectations- all of it mostly coming down to stress and failure, lots of just failing over and over at it all. But what's really tearing me down are the little, tiny inconveniences in my life. Coffee was too hot, got rained on, kitchen was dirtied by roommates, shower stays cold. All in the same day. Things that used to make me grumble under my breath to myself are starting to push me over the edge, and it feels... irrational?

This is turning into more of a rant than I anticipated, but I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way. Like, I've been able to survive this long through my mental health issues at their worst, but the water staying cold in my shower is what's pushing me over the edge. I know it's ironic to say, but how unreasonable is that? Maybe I'm just high strung and reached my tipping point with all the baggage weighing down on me, I don't know. What sucks is I don't really have anyone to talk to that really cares that I'm distressed, which I guess is a whole other can of worms. Part of that issue feels like it's because my people don't really care about me, but part of it feels like it's because I'm not conveying that the little things are starting to become more than just mundane annoyances. I just feel like I'm falling again, falling back down into a bottomless pit of bad feelings.

Am I overreacting?

Lo Priest

Lo Priest

‘Finbad the Failer’
Apr 9, 2023
Does anybody else feel like they're falling endlessly when all the little things start to add up? I've been having a rough couple months (to put it extremely lightly) with ups and a lot of downs, but I've managed to wrangle myself just enough to keep going for a little while longer. I struggle with a lot of the usual things, like school, work, ambitions, expectations- all of it mostly coming down to stress and failure, lots of just failing over and over at it all. But what's really tearing me down are the little, tiny inconveniences in my life. Coffee was too hot, got rained on, kitchen was dirtied by roommates, shower stays cold. All in the same day. Things that used to make me grumble under my breath to myself are starting to push me over the edge, and it feels... irrational?

This is turning into more of a rant than I anticipated, but I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way. Like, I've been able to survive this long through my mental health issues at their worst, but the water staying cold in my shower is what's pushing me over the edge. I know it's ironic to say, but how unreasonable is that? Maybe I'm just high strung and reached my tipping point with all the baggage weighing down on me, I don't know. What sucks is I don't really have anyone to talk to that really cares that I'm distressed, which I guess is a whole other can of worms. Part of that issue feels like it's because my people don't really care about me, but part of it feels like it's because I'm not conveying that the little things are starting to become more than just mundane annoyances. I just feel like I'm falling again, falling back down into a bottomless pit of bad feelings.

Am I overreacting?
you're not overreacting, you're just being acted. i get it, completely. the little things used to get me to strike my head repeatedly under "fuck-me" word-curse chants, time after time. i've got to the point to laugh at these minor offenses flipping me off. i of course still feel the anger in initial, as soon as a pebble is tossed, but i soon 'get a grip' and laugh at not only me and not only it and not only at whatever else variables are at play, but i laugh upward and backward and around. i don't know how it got there, but it did, something the fuck happened to my head after all this time. maybe it was the strikes, maybe it was psychedelics, maybe it was reading, seeing the flaws within my grasps as well as the flaws within what was held. who's to say. i still strike myself at times though. in any case i hope you take care, screensoul. take care!!

• Love
Reactions: vuberpoot1