thankyouforthis

thankyouforthis

Jun 13, 2022
I do this sometimes and it helps me feel a little bit better-- at least well enough to do the things I need to do that day. It can be depressing when you see your list get shorter, but not all things on The List are necessarily equal. You can lose two or three minor ones and still find a sliver of happiness if you get to keep one BIg One.

Anyway, in this version, I'm going to leave out people for the sake of privacy/anonymity/etc and just focus on "things" (activities, places, etc.):

--Reading: I like reading fiction and revolutionary history, mostly. True stories about people rising up against their oppressors.
--Gaming: I only like very few games, but I like them a lot. Fallouts 3, New Vegas, and 4 (I HATE 76 and have never played FO1 or FO2). I also loved Civs 3, 4, and 5; but my computer somehow got fucked and now won't let me play any Civ through to the end. Near the end of the game, it inevitably crashes. I only own FA4 right now but I am trying to save some money to get my favorite, Fallout 3, in hopes that it might give me a reason to not ctb at least for a few more months.
--Quiet: I used to love going to loud concerts and stuff but now, while I do still sometimes listen to music, I like things to be quiet. I find it helps with my stress level. Conversely, too much noise freaks me out. So when I'm alone I'm typically in silence; if I want music or to watch something, I put it on very, VERY quietly. (I think I may have Sensory Processing Disorder or whatever it's called, when things seem louder and brighter to you than to most people.)
--Love: I know this isn't possible for everyone all of the time, but when I'm lucky enough to know someone's in love with me, I love that. It gives me a reason to keep going. One of my biggest fears right now is that I technically kinda-sorta have that, but can feel myself losing it-- can feel the person who recently loved me slowly start to love me less and less...
--Outside: Contrary to popular belief, I actually DO like going outside sometimes. I like when it's sunny and warm and I don't have a specific agenda-- no social pressure whatsoever, just wandering around, by myself or maybe with ONE other person, and just getting some fresh air and Vitamin D without having to spend money or make awkward conversation or pretend things are great, etc.
--My cat! (who is NOT a "thing"-- sorry about that, lil buddy!)

Feel free to comment on this or just go ahead and share your own list. Hope it helps at least a little!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, toseeyousmile, ReflectionOfTrauma and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not really enjoy much personally and I have no interest in living. I just feel so tired of everything, but I'm pleased for you that you have things you like. I hope that you are able to continue to enjoy these things.

• Hugs
Reactions: artificial_ineptness, lofticries and wilted_biography
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I do this sometimes and it helps me feel a little bit better-- at least well enough to do the things I need to do that day. It can be depressing when you see your list get shorter, but not all things on The List are necessarily equal. You can lose two or three minor ones and still find a sliver of happiness if you get to keep one BIg One.

Anyway, in this version, I'm going to leave out people for the sake of privacy/anonymity/etc and just focus on "things" (activities, places, etc.):

--Reading: I like reading fiction and revolutionary history, mostly. True stories about people rising up against their oppressors.
--Gaming: I only like very few games, but I like them a lot. Fallouts 3, New Vegas, and 4 (I HATE 76 and have never played FO1 or FO2). I also loved Civs 3, 4, and 5; but my computer somehow got fucked and now won't let me play any Civ through to the end. Near the end of the game, it inevitably crashes. I only own FA4 right now but I am trying to save some money to get my favorite, Fallout 3, in hopes that it might give me a reason to not ctb at least for a few more months.
--Quiet: I used to love going to loud concerts and stuff but now, while I do still sometimes listen to music, I like things to be quiet. I find it helps with my stress level. Conversely, too much noise freaks me out. So when I'm alone I'm typically in silence; if I want music or to watch something, I put it on very, VERY quietly. (I think I may have Sensory Processing Disorder or whatever it's called, when things seem louder and brighter to you than to most people.)
--Love: I know this isn't possible for everyone all of the time, but when I'm lucky enough to know someone's in love with me, I love that. It gives me a reason to keep going. One of my biggest fears right now is that I technically kinda-sorta have that, but can feel myself losing it-- can feel the person who recently loved me slowly start to love me less and less...
--Outside: Contrary to popular belief, I actually DO like going outside sometimes. I like when it's sunny and warm and I don't have a specific agenda-- no social pressure whatsoever, just wandering around, by myself or maybe with ONE other person, and just getting some fresh air and Vitamin D without having to spend money or make awkward conversation or pretend things are great, etc.

Feel free to comment on this or just go ahead and share your own list. Hope it helps at least a little!

That's good for you to like these things! Good on you!

As for myself, the only thing that I still really enjoy is eating food. I'm not a mountain of a person, though, but it's probably the raw taste of food that's to enticing.

Reactions: thankyouforthis
thankyouforthis

thankyouforthis

Jun 13, 2022
I do not really enjoy much personally and I have no interest in living. I just feel so tired of everything, but I'm pleased for you that you have things you like. I hope that you are able to continue to enjoy these things.
It comes and goes. I mean these are things I like generally but I don't always do them, depending on how close to ctb I'm feeling. I won't do anything for weeks at a time and then I'll have some little bit of good luck or whatever and I can start doing some of these things again.

(The only thing I get to CONSTANTLY enjoy is my cat. He's not allowed to die until I do.)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, Lostandlooking and BluesRunTheGame
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
This is a small sample of things I enjoy when I am not completely consumed by my depressive and negative thoughts.
Reading psychology and philosophy works
Meditation, yoga, and body-weight exercise
Trail running, hiking

Reactions: NSA and Manaaja
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Pokemon
Digimon
Dogs
Fantasy
Some webcomics and mangas
Video games
Art
Watching gameplaythroughs
Music
Fanfics
VR
I like that mods and fan levels exist (I mean video game mods, lol, it's nice that others make stuff for others, like that one kind person who has been updating VTMB for probably over ten years now)
Dark Simpsons hehehe
Fresh air, showers, sunlight, clean water
Exercise

Oh, and a few Chinese BL series on youtube, though they haven't released new seasons for a year. It's funny, Chinese tv series aren't allowed to have "gay" stuff in them, so they do stuff like:

Character: I'll only let my future spouse touch my priced treasure - and you. C'mon, touch it! Hold it! ;)"
and all the censorshipper guys are like: "That's not gay! He clearly said future spouse AND you! They are just normal friends! That wink and really wanting him to touch it? He was just being silly and joking! He's just a funny character! Nothing suspicious or gay here!".

I love the ways the try to bypass censorship, and the idea of the censorship people watching and seeing nothing gay. Episode1: I'll marry whoever brings me a rabbit! Episode2: I wish a man would appear and give me a rabbit. Episode3: Yay! A man gave me a rabbit! This is a time for celebration! Censorship guys: Why are people saying giving a rabbit to someone is gay? Well, who knows.

Pets are nice, I hope your cat will live a long, happy, and healthy life. It's always sad to see a pet die young. To your pets, you can pour all your love. With humans, they are either at work or school or otherwise busy or live elsewhere or then they are the kind of people you want nothing to do with.

Reactions: nameeater and NSA
O

ornitier199

Arcanist
Mar 26, 2022
-Suicide
-Dying
-VSED
Ryan
Quenin
FK

event scripting (programming | C-Syntax)

Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
- video games, allow me to transport my mind to a different world;
- good food, because when I eat well I feel better;
- good books, with which I can live many different stories;
- the internet, the only place where a sociophobic like me can meet people.

nameeater

nameeater

the one with many regrets
Nov 21, 2021
- visual novels
- rpg maker horror games
- psychology and philosophy
- detective fiction and the mystery genre as a whole

suffering pretty badly with anhedonia right now, i've just been playing a lot of neptunia r;b1 to pass the time, despite not even really enjoying it lol

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022

What I love most in this world is also my cat. I don't know what I would be without her.
I also like to go to the beach and the sea.