H

HopelessFight

Warlock
Jan 31, 2021
Hi,

I wonder what's the best way to store (liquid) N. According to Philip Nitschke, N can last over 20 (!) years when stored correctly. I'm not sure if this claim is true since the expiration dates on the bottles is 2 years and 20 years sound really long, but he did make this claim on Twitter:

According to the PPH, liquid N should be stored in a "cool dark place" and putting it in a fridge is fine. According to another topic, where this same question was being discussed, someone posted the prescription details, which mentions it should be stored at a temperature below 25 degrees and even mentions "keep at room temperature":
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...al-out-of-the-refrigerator.32418/#post-679590

However, "Under 25 degrees" does not sound like a "cool" place to me. Is it true you can store N both in the fridge (temperature around 5 degrees) OR somewhere else in your home (temperature around 15-20 degrees). Which way would provide the longest shelve life?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: alown, mediocre, Pen>Sword and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Some guy that was active on the forum a year ago or something claimed to store it in powder form. Sounds like that could last longer than liquid, idk.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Well, I'm storing my N bottles in a mini fridge. So it's not super cold but definitely below room temperature.

Reactions: Pen>Sword, lobster salad, Arnie and 3 others
H

HopelessFight

Warlock
Jan 31, 2021
Well, I'm storing my N bottles in a mini fridge. So it's not super cold but definitely below room temperature.
Thank you, interesting to know since I think you've been storing it for a while. Did you wrap something around the bottles to avoid contact with moisture?

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Thank you, interesting to know since I think you've been storing it for a while. Did you wrap something around the bottles to avoid contact with moisture?

It's simply packed in bubble wrap.

Reactions: Pen>Sword and HopelessFight
H

HopelessFight

Warlock
Jan 31, 2021
November 2019 according to A. That's why I ordered powdered N back in 2020. I'll use the bottles if and when I attempt to ctb.
Oh, so your N is actually powdered? I'm not sure if there is any difference if it comes to storage between liquid and powder?

Last edited:
A

Arnie

Jan 29, 2021
Don't have N yet, but this is also something I've been unsure of.

Hot weather coming in soon and it gets very, very hot in my home, so hope that storing the liquid in the fridge would be ok.

What page of the Jan 2021 PPeH does it say that storing it in the fridge is fine?

Last edited:
hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
I bought mine 1.5 years ago (liquid), I really hope it still works this summer cause that's when I'm planning to finally ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: Octavina, Pen>Sword and mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I would worry storing it in a fridge would ruin it if it's not at the exact right fridge temperature. Some fridges can be too cold if they are not out on the right setting.

Reactions: tryingtoescape, Busdriver and alown
alown

alown

soon in the other reality where we come from ą¼„
Mar 13, 2021
powder and liquid both have very different properties for preserving them.

personally the liquid N I will keep it in a dark place and at low temperature but not necessarily in a fridge, rather on my balcony in an airtight box (obviously not in summer)

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Do to common misunderstandings about the purpose of drug expiratory dates, the entire topic is blown wayyyyy out of proportion here. Light is likely far more important than worrying over a few degrees.

With the exception of a few hear labile medications, these are traditionally stored at room temperature. If there is an open or non-sterile liquid, storing in a refrigerator may be better. For powder, the refrigerator is definitively worse due to condensation.

Unless you are worried about decades of potency, putting it in a box in a closet is about the best you can do.

Reactions: Lost Magic, Busdriver, whitefeather and 4 others
H

HopelessFight

Warlock
Jan 31, 2021
Do to common misunderstandings about the purpose of drug expiratory dates, the entire topic is blown wayyyyy out of proportion here. Light is likely far more important than worrying over a few degrees.

With the exception of a few hear labile medications, these are traditionally stored at room temperature. If there is an open or non-sterile liquid, storing in a refrigerator may be better. For powder, the refrigerator is definitively worse due to condensation.

Unless you are worried about decades of potency, putting it in a box in a closet is about the best you can do.
Thanks for the info. I prefer not to put it in the refrigerator because while I live alone, it's a bit annoying when receiving visits. My room temperature is usually around 15-20 degrees, only in summer it exceeds the maximum temperature of 25 degrees, but only for 1-2 weeks per year.

Reactions: Busdriver