Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
I am unable to find any information as to how to create an easy anchor/Ligature point to use to hang yourself from in a room.

This, assuming that a pull up bar or some other common anchor point like a doorknob can't be relied on.

So, I am thinking of like a hook from the ceiling or a strong frame which has a beam which can be used.

Let's get all the thoughts on this

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I am unable to find any information as to how to create an easy anchor/Ligature point to use to hang yourself from in a room.

This, assuming that a pull up bar or some other common anchor point like a doorknob can't be relied on.

So, I am thinking of like a hook from the ceiling or a strong frame which has a beam which can be used.

Let's get all the thoughts on this
Are you set on doing full? If so you're going to be pretty dependent on what structures exist in your available rooms. If I decided to do full, I'd rent a cabin with a nice big wooden beam since I don't have anything strong enough in my house.

If you're open to partial, these are a good option:
Amazon product ASIN B006O0Y84Y

Reactions: Righttodie
Righttodie

Righttodie

Maybe in another life
Apr 10, 2019
Are you set on doing full? If so you're going to be pretty dependent on what structures exist in your available rooms. If I decided to do full, I'd rent a cabin with a nice big wooden beam since I don't have anything strong enough in my house.

How about adding a hook to the ceiling through a drill or something. Or assembling something like this 12396 ?

Full seems better but I am open to partial too.
Found this. It's 7 feet tall. What do you think ? I am 5'9

Amazon product ASIN B00HYQP72O

Last edited:
Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019

I am skeptical of those things, I don't think they were designed to hold the body's weight continuously for 10-30 minutes. What do you think about tying the rope to something like a metal grapple type object on the other side of the door that couldn't possibly get through?

I am planning to put large heavy objects (totalling more than my weight) on my bed and tie the rope around the core support under the mattress as well as some of the large heavy objects on my bed. I'm going to tie the rope around a circular metal object near the top of the door frame so just in case somehow the bed frame breaks, the grapple should hold the rope. I'm using two ropes as well just in case one snaps in the door.

Last edited:
Reactions: Partial-Elf
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I am skeptical of those things, I don't think they were designed to hold the body's weight continuously for 10-30 minutes. What do you think about tying the rope to something like a metal grapple type object on the other side of the door that couldn't possibly get through?

I am planning to put large heavy objects (totalling more than my weight) on my bed and tie the rope around the core support under the mattress as well as some of the large heavy objects on my bed. I'm going to tie the rope around a circular metal object near the top of the door frame so just in case somehow the bed frame breaks, the grapple should hold the rope. I'm using two ropes as well just in case one snaps in the door.
I see what you're saying but if possible I recommend you just buy one and get a feel for it that way. Now that I have one I have no doubt that it'll work. I'd say if it's designed for people to be yanking on it frequently, enough to strengthen their muscles, it's enough to hold the fraction of my body weight that will be required. I say fraction because in partial your full weight is not on the rope

Reactions: Qbert and Dreamcolleger