Wildsages

Wildsages

Oct 18, 2019
Hello all, this will be my first post on my new community.

Anyways, what is your opinion on the phrase, "Life is too short."?

Honestly, I do not understand why people would say that when life is your longest experience, so even if you chose to die at 14 or even not chose to die and live until 80. Each will be your longest experience? Which will make it, well to put it, not short.

What is your opinion on this?

Reactions: Circles
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Life feels too short when it's going well for you, it feels longer when it is pure torture.
At the same time, even if you want to die, you might still feel life is too short-or rather, too much time has passed you by already for any efforts to be worth it.

Reactions: Luchs, Élégie, Life+me=error and 4 others
Wildsages

Wildsages

Oct 18, 2019
Life feels too short when it's going well for you, it feels longer when it is pure torture.
At the same time, even if you want to die, you might still feel life is too short-or rather, too much time has passed you by already for any efforts to be worth it.
I honestly agree 1000% on this statement, each day feels so slow to me while my classmates continue to say, "this week has gone by so fast!"
The constant feeling of suicide itching the back of my brain causes time to move as slow as possible or other days it feels like the way you put it.

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
it depends, when looking at the biger picture in the universe and seeing how little we actually live then yes, it is too short, but when we compare it to some other creatures like most insects or even domestic animals then it is quite a long life.

the answer is entirely subjective and as you put it, our lives are our only perspective.

i believe that life is tragicly short, however that may actually be a good thing, the self awarenes that made us ask this kind of questions is also the very thing that makes life so unbearable for some of us.

Reactions: Élégie, Circles and Wildsages
Wildsages

Wildsages

Oct 18, 2019
it depends, when looking at the biger picture in the universe and seeing how little we actually live then yes, it is too short, but when we compare it to some other creatures like most insects or even domestic animals then it is quite a long life.

the answer is entirely subjective and as you put it, our lives are our only perspective.

i believe that life is tragicly short, however that may actually be a good thing, the self awarenes that made us ask this kind of questions is also the very thing that makes life so unbearable for some of us.
At times I wish life was shorter. Like our lifespan was shortened to 50 years. Then maybe I'd want to live and deal with all the barriers and villains in our everyday lives.

• Hugs
Reactions: DarkDane, Circles, TakeHold and 1 other person
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
If you want to do many things then life becomes shorter, not to mention how much of it is filled with fillers like sleeping or stupid jobs

Reactions: OreoWellington, Circles and Mloureiro
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
When everything keeps falling apart despite trying to bring them together.
It makes you think that life will never end unless u decide to go

Wildsages

Wildsages

Oct 18, 2019
If you want to do many things then life becomes shorter, not to mention how much of it is filled with fillers like sleeping or stupid jobs
What if the person wants to do many things although they cant?

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
What if the person wants to do many things although they cant?

Some try to do as much as possible, some ctb. That's one of the many faults of life

Reactions: Circles and Wildsages
P

pleasethistime

Experienced
Jun 25, 2018
Relative. If you have ambitions you have focused, and like who you are, time flies. If you have pain, or you dont like your face, body or who you are and find no meaning and joy in life, it is too long.

Reactions: Élégie
Wildsages

Wildsages

Oct 18, 2019
Relative. If you have ambitions you have focused, and like who you are, time flies. If you have pain, or you dont like your face, body or who you are and find no meaning and joy in life, it is too long.
I honestly feel this one a lot, I hate my self image so when I go out I feel so self cautious.

Reactions: Élégie and Circles
T

TakeHold

Oct 17, 2019
I don't know why, but when my life became pure torture, time started to run away so fast I was scared. Right now all days just merged into one endless stream, I don't feel days, weeks, months passing. Probably it's also because I am getting old, but clearly time wasn't running so fast when I was happy.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Circles, Wildsages and 1 other person
P

pleasethistime

Experienced
Jun 25, 2018
I honestly feel this one a lot, I hate my self image so when I go out I feel so self cautious.

Body image issues play a big part in lots of suicides. It causes social anxiety, general anxiety, ocd, depression etc. Body dismorphic disorder has the highest rates of suicide.

Last edited:
  • Love
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Well it´s true in the sense that we have different stages in life; childhood, teenage years, adulthood so yes the life in childhood and teenage years is too short only 12 years as a child, 6 years as teenager (not counting 18 or 19 since imo the exciting phase of teenage years is over) and then we have 55+ years as adults doing the same life over and over again that part is TOO LONG!

So yes the youthfull life (childhood and teenage years) are WAY too short.

• Wow
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
I feel like 80+ years is way too long, especially when majority of that time is spent slaving away at school, jobs, etc. And when one finally retires, their body is no longer what it once was. It's kind of depressing tbh, I don't get how people would be okay with this system,

• Love
Reactions: omoidarui, Élégie, Mloureiro and 2 others
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
I have done a great deal in my time on this earth. The likelihood of me doing much more in my present condition is slim. So that makes my acceptance of dying so much easier. So my life has not been too short or too long. It has been a life that has been lived without many regrets and if it ended tomorrow, I would be perfectly ok with that. If I live for another 20 years and manage to achieve some of the things I would like to achieve, I am perfectly ok with that as well.

The biggest issue is, depression and ideation do not appear to be temporary. From that standpoint, life is most definitely not too short.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and Wildsages
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Hello all, this will be my first post on my new community.

Anyways, what is your opinion on the phrase, "Life is too short."?

Honestly, I do not understand why people would say that when life is your longest experience, so even if you chose to die at 14 or even not chose to die and live until 80. Each will be your longest experience? Which will make it, well to put it, not short.

What is your opinion on this?
It's all relative. Ever wonder why the journey home always seems quicker than the outbound trip?

T

TheLastGoodbye

Student
Oct 23, 2019
Seems way too long to me. These last few months have felt like years

nirvana133

nirvana133

Oct 14, 2019
Definitely way too long for me. I'm 26, and can't even imagine living to 40.