Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
Before, I would just wallow in hurt and just sleep the day off disconnecting myself from the world but eversince I joined this forum, it became part of my day. I always look forward to new discussions and find comfort in relatable threads so much so that seeing the little red dot in the forum notifs makes me happy. Knowing that I am not alone having these CTB thoughts and that I am able to relate and express these thoughts and experiences without worrying about society's taboo, this is what gives a bit of life in me again.

I find the irony funny that this very forum that discusses CTB and methods makes me forget my CTB and instead preoccupies myself addressing threads. :)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: PeacefulTonic, Arvinneedstodie, Apathy's Girl and 28 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I am glad this forum exists. It is good to have a place where we can talk about these topics. On other places on the internet there is too much toxic positivity. It is also a good way to help pass the time for me and it is a distraction from my own thoughts.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Pisceslilith, BloodyNobody, BrokenHopes and 13 others
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
I am glad this forum exists. It is good to have a place where we can talk about these topics. On other places on the internet there is too much toxic positivity. It is also a good way to help pass the time for me and it is a distraction from my own thoughts.
True! I actually find this forums discussion very healthy as it helps as an outlet for these thoughts, preventing it from bottling up in us.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pisceslilith, BloodyNobody, BrokenHopes and 7 others
C

celan

May 1, 2021
I joined this forum just because I wanted to get some opinions on my preferred method, but now I occasionally participate here. I never cared much about what other people thought, but it makes me happy, when someone likes my posts or writes a reply to my threads. When you're here, you'll get some solace, if I'd joined a pro-life forum, I'd have killed myself already - well, maybe I'll just do that :wink:.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Pisceslilith, AtMostOkay, flagmaster and 9 others
Fakereality

Fakereality

Student
Aug 4, 2021
Yeah this forum is quite ironic unlike the opinion of general public ss help people live longer than they would have been living if they hadn't come across it,
There are so many threads of members claiming that they would have been dead if it was not for ss.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pisceslilith, BrokenHopes, AtMostOkay and 5 others
trewer

trewer

Aug 4, 2021
Yep, this place is definitely an healthy outlet (No sarcasm). It's great to be able to talk about these things with people that understand.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Pisceslilith, AtMostOkay, LifeQuitter2018 and 4 others
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
That feeling that you're not the only one in this boat just feels so good, unfortunately.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pisceslilith, AtMostOkay, newave3 and 2 others
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
Yeah this forum is quite ironic unlike the opinion of general public ss help people live longer than they would have been living if they hadn't come across it,
There are so many threads of members claiming that they would have been dead if it was not for ss.
True. The fact that a person being able to express what they feel and think and interact with others who share and relate to these t;houghts and emotions help in the wellness of the person and this forum just so happens to talk about CTB. If I didnt come across this forum, I might have done further damage to myself by drinking ethylene glycol.
I joined this forum just because I wanted to get some opinions on my preferred method, but now I occasionally participate here. I never cared much about what other people thought, but it makes me happy, when someone likes my posts or writes a reply to my threads. When you're here, you'll get some solace, if I'd joined a pro-life forum, I'd have killed myself already - well, maybe I'll just do that :wink:.
Haha. I can imagine the condescending tone if I were in a prolife forum though I may just be assuming things. Maybe I'll do that too so that it finally pushes me off the edge. :))

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pisceslilith, newave3, OnlyTheWind and 2 others
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Yes, this forum has also become a part of my life, I enter it daily and the friends I have made have been the most sincere people I have ever met.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AtMostOkay, OnlyTheWind, ClownMe and 1 other person
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Yes, this forum has also become a part of my life, I enter it daily and the friends I have made have been the most sincere people I have ever met.
Same here!

• Hugs
Reactions: Chiisai and OnlyTheWind
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
That feeling that you're not the only one in this boat just feels so good, unfortunately.
Yes, it's nice to know you're not alone. We are all in the same boat now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pen>Sword and Chiisai
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I still like it too.

I used to think: Maybe give life another chance, maybe surround yourself with more PoSiTvITy and thus more rl-folks and maybe you get to recover once you stop posting (after a breakdown and a brief absence).
But turns out my stance towards most topics is much more in line with you all then with the "normies".

Their topics just bore me (even when it's environmentally conscious people and those who fight against climate change) - they still live in their "life is precious and amazing, let's talk about hobbies and holidays" bubble. Makes me nearly vomit.

I'm glad to have found this place even if I'm more of a observer since I most of the time not the person to uphold in-depth private conversations. It's still nice to read everyones thoughts and (sometimes) have a slight feeling of belonging.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Apathy's Girl, AtMostOkay, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
I still like it too.

I used to think: Maybe give life another chance, maybe surround yourself with more PoSiTvITy and thus more rl-folks and maybe you get to recover once you stop posting (after a breakdown and a brief absence).
But turns out my stance towards most topics is much more in line with you all then with the "normies".

Their topics just bore me (even when it's environmentally conscious people and those who fight against climate change) - they still live in their "life is precious and amazing, let's talk about hobbies and holidays" bubble. Makes me nearly vomit.

I'm glad to have found this place even if I'm more of a observer since I most of the time not the person to uphold in-depth private conversations. It's still nice to read everyones thoughts and (sometimes) have a slight feeling of belonging.
Right? :) That feeling of not just being in a community but actually belonging in it where one can actually relate to and be heard, its such a bliss and utterly sad that to be in this bliss must have meant I was deprived of this in the normal world.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay and stygal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Right? :) That feeling of not just being in a community but actually belonging in it where one can actually relate to and be heard, its such a bliss.
Yeah, before joining I thought I was "one of a kind" "too weird" also annoyed for always holding back and never speaking my mind.
Thankfully SS is there to show me I don't struggle in solidarity.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Chiisai
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
Yeah, before joining I thought I was "one of a kind" "too weird" also annoyed for always holding back and never speaking my mind.
Thankfully SS is there to show me I don't struggle in solidarity.
Haha funny how ironic life is. Being here in this forum its like we are all welcomed to "leave" :))

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay and stygal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Haha funny how ironic life is. Being here in this forum its like we are all welcomed to "leave" :))
I like the discrepancy between talking about these serious and "life ending/destroying" topics but doing it in the most kind, helpful and welcoming way possible and not at all being "that evil forum" the media/outsiders portray us to be (of course there are exceptions like everywhere on the web).

• Hugs
Reactions: Chiisai
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
I like the discrepancy between talking about these serious and "life ending/destroying" topics but doing it in the most kind, helpful and welcoming way possible and not at all being "that evil forum" the media/outsiders portray us to be (of course there are exceptions like everywhere on the web).
True. I do think that the people that try to help here do so because they can totally relate to the pain and sympathize with the OP's much more than the outsiders because the outsiders have not yet experienced such pain or are not dealing with it currently. And if thats the case, that would make the people here that help truly a genuine kind soul as even if they are also dealing with their own hurt, still have time to help others. :)

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
True. I do think that the people that try to help here do so because they can totally relate to the pain and sympathize with the OP's much more than the outsiders because the outsiders have not yet experienced such pain or are not dealing with it currently. And if thats the case, that would make the people here that help truly a genuine kind soul as even if they are also dealing with their own hurt, still have time to help others. :)
I do often feel that people here genuinely care - which is a rarity in our world - most outsiders just want something in return or want to at least get to know the person they are helping first (maybe their looks or status) but in here everyone - if not misbehaving - is included and can find others to talk to - actually quite amazing.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Chiisai
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
I do often feel that people here genuinely care - which is a rarity in our world - most outsiders just want something in return or want to at least get to know the person they are helping first (maybe their looks or status) but in here everyone - if not misbehaving - is included and can find others to talk to - actually quite amazing.
I agree. There's only so few we meet in life that are genuine. These people are a dying breed. Haha. apologies for the morbid pun. Just trying to make the mood light.

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and stygal
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
That is incredibly ironic. Funny little things about life sometimes huh.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: stygal and Chiisai
CatTheBus5689

CatTheBus5689

Jun 22, 2021
It's almost as if being able to freely talk about what's on your mind with like minded people instead of ignoring them in favor of going along with someone who can't comprehend your pain allows you to actually deal with your inner turmoil. Who knew?

Who would have known that actually being listened to and actually understood would help instead of being invalidated, lectured and pep talked left right and center by everyone and their grandma who thinks they're some messiah of mental health?

I don't know what's worse, the fact that this isn't the default mindset or that most people will never understand this line of thinking without going through depression themselves.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, newave3, AtMostOkay and 1 other person
tiredplant777

tiredplant777

Student
Jul 23, 2021
Before, I would just wallow in hurt and just sleep the day off disconnecting myself from the world but eversince I joined this forum, it became part of my day. I always look forward to new discussions and find comfort in relatable threads so much so that seeing the little red dot in the forum notifs makes me happy. Knowing that I am not alone having these CTB thoughts and that I am able to relate and express these thoughts and experiences without worrying about society's taboo, this is what gives a bit of life in me again.

I find the irony funny that this very forum that discusses CTB and methods makes me forget my CTB and instead preoccupies myself addressing threads. :)
I feel like this too. I'm so grateful this forum exists. It's like the only place I can just be myself and be totally open. I was in another online private support group that was very specific to my trauma, but lately talk of covid has totally overtaken it so I don't feel it's a safe place for me anymore at the moment. I also feel like I can be a lot more open here too which is a huge relief. I really like the forum too, and that it is it's own separate site. I feel like people here really care and are genuinely so kind also.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, BrokenHopes and Chiisai
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
I feel like this too. I'm so grateful this forum exists. It's like the only place I can just be myself and be totally open. I was in another online private support group that was very specific to my trauma, but lately talk of covid has totally overtaken it so I don't feel it's a safe place for me anymore at the moment. I also feel like I can be a lot more open here too which is a huge relief. I really like the forum too, and that it is it's own separate site. I feel like people here really care and are genuinely so kind also.
I feel you. Not being able to fully express yourself feels quite constricting and lonely. Im glad you find relief in this forum. hugs. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: tiredplant777
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
I feel you. Not being able to fully express yourself feels quite constricting and lonely. Im glad you find relief in this forum. hugs. :hug:
Nice to see you around!

P

PeacefulTonic

Enlightened
Aug 10, 2021
I wish I could say the same. But the fact that life has gotten me to this point of having to come to this forum to search for a painless way out, is depressing in itself. I'm glad this place exists though, I've got my golden ticket. Only a matter of time before I use it

TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Meh, it dosnt really help me that much since my threads usually get ignored. but its nice to talk about suicide without getting all those bingos.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hemlock and PeacefulTonic