qualityOV3Rquantity

qualityOV3Rquantity

Jul 27, 2024
I'm sitting here trying to work, but I can't concentrate because it feels like I'm on the verge of having uncontrollable diarrhea. And if I go to the bathroom, I can't go, and it just makes my intestines burn. There is no relief. Is this really my life now? I used to be healthy, and I was mostly miserable even then. Now I'm borderline incontinent, and I'm supposed to just accept it and live for decades in a state of permanent food poisoning? My body yearns for death. It punishes me for staying alive. If I was meant to be alive, I would be able to eat food without causing horrible pain and discomfort. Why am I still alive? Why do I continue to punish myself by eating and drinking, when my body resents life itself? I need to die, I fucking need to, I can't take this pain and there is no other way out. No cure, no relief, no joy, no love, no adventure, no hope. Just endless fucking pain until I die.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: fleetingnight, Unknown21, GoatHerder and 8 others
M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
I understand your pain. I have Ulcerative Colitis and IBS. The mornings are the worst, and when I'm really stressed out, and certain food/drinks.

IBS symptoms can be reduced with a change in diet and lifestyle. Look at your stress levels, your caffeine intake, how much spicy food you eat, what beverages you are drinking. There are many things that can trigger it and you don't even realise.

I had really severe IBS like yourself, until I looked at my diet and stress levels. Yeah, stress levels can't be controlled but diet can.

If this doesn't ease, especially with reducing stress levels and certain foods/drinks, another trip to the doctors is always worth it. This can get better. It isn't something you should just live with, that isn't fair. It isn't worth killing yourself over either

Have you actually had any tests done or have doctors simply brushed it off as IBS? Because I had the consant shits, even blood in my stool came back 'normal', so I demanded to be referred to the hospital for tests. It's a camera test, up the bum. Really simple and they can find inflammation while there. I was diagnosed straight away with Ulcerative Colitis, and there are several forms of Colitis.

If you haven't actually had tests done, I'd get that sorted.

I wish you the best

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: voudebase, RABITIA, DefinitelyReady and 2 others
J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
Agree, don't give up hope, there are many options for treatment. And maybe you haven't had a good diagnosis yet.

But I can relate to what you're going through with having had similar circumstances. (And continue to have). For every person there's a limit to what we are capable of enduring from our physical bodies. (I don't believe that the continuingation of life is paramount, no matter what the burden, but that's just me.)

Reactions: RABITIA and qualityOV3Rquantity
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds really dreadful, it's so cruel how people suffer so much in this existence. But anyway I wish you the best.

qualityOV3Rquantity

qualityOV3Rquantity

Jul 27, 2024
I understand your pain. I have Ulcerative Colitis and IBS. The mornings are the worst, and when I'm really stressed out, and certain food/drinks.

IBS symptoms can be reduced with a change in diet and lifestyle. Look at your stress levels, your caffeine intake, how much spicy food you eat, what beverages you are drinking. There are many things that can trigger it and you don't even realise.

I had really severe IBS like yourself, until I looked at my diet and stress levels. Yeah, stress levels can't be controlled but diet can.

If this doesn't ease, especially with reducing stress levels and certain foods/drinks, another trip to the doctors is always worth it. This can get better. It isn't something you should just live with, that isn't fair. It isn't worth killing yourself over either

Have you actually had any tests done or have doctors simply brushed it off as IBS? Because I had the consant shits, even blood in my stool came back 'normal', so I demanded to be referred to the hospital for tests. It's a camera test, up the bum. Really simple and they can find inflammation while there. I was diagnosed straight away with Ulcerative Colitis, and there are several forms of Colitis.

I'd you haven't actually had tests done, I'd get that sorted.

I wish you the best
Thank you for the thoughtful reply. The truth is that my IBS isn't even particularly severe, certainly tame compared to dealing with both IBS and UC like you. I haven't had a colonoscopy like you did, but I'm totally certain what I have is just IBS and not UC or Crohn's, since my symptoms don't match with either of those diseases.

Thank you so much for the encouragement, I still do have hope for a better life with less symptoms, but whenever my symptoms flare up I have a tendency to go straight to being suicidal, since I already had depression even before getting IBS too (probably they're linked).

Since I got diagnosed I've been doing the low-FODMAP diet, which helps a lot. It's very restrictive, but it's worth it to bring my symptoms down to me being able to function.

B

Bear1234

Jul 8, 2024
Hi Friend, I understand health issues can be terrible and make you want to CTB. Im right there with ya. But wanted to suggest something, Amitriptyline is a drug that is prescribed at a low dose of 10mg-25mg for IBS and bladder issues - its an anti depressant and a nerve pain medication. Ask your primary to prescribe this to you and give it a shot before you give up completely <3 please try this

M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Thank you for the thoughtful reply. The truth is that my IBS isn't even particularly severe, certainly tame compared to dealing with both IBS and UC like you. I haven't had a colonoscopy like you did, but I'm totally certain what I have is just IBS and not UC or Crohn's, since my symptoms don't match with either of those diseases.

Thank you so much for the encouragement, I still do have hope for a better life with less symptoms, but whenever my symptoms flare up I have a tendency to go straight to being suicidal, since I already had depression even before getting IBS too (probably they're linked).

Since I got diagnosed I've been doing the low-FODMAP diet, which helps a lot. It's very restrictive, but it's worth it to bring my symptoms down to me being able to function.
It was a flexisigmoidoscopy which is different to a colonoscopy (I've had those too, of course). It's way less invasive than a colonoscopy, no horrible prep etc.

So when inflammation is in other areas such as the rectum, the symptoms are different, and they can be: NO blood, constipation, and something called 'overflow', essentially that is constipation and then the shits. Constipation is a big factor. That is called Ulcerative Proctitis. Essentially, it means inflammation in the rectum. I had previous higher up flares, hence where Ulcerative Colitis came from. Just letting you know, because often symptoms can appear as something worse than they are, or not as bad as they are

I honestly think you need to get this looked at. Even if a doctor gives you something to ease symptoms. Totally your choice, but things often get misdiagnosed or ignored etc, when people are suffering. You shouldn't suffer in silence.

We're here for you

I hope it eases x

P.S IBS and depression are linked, 100% - always worth keeping an eye on though (IBS)

Last edited:
Reactions: qualityOV3Rquantity
Necrosis

Necrosis

En bokstavelig bjørn som later som om han er menne
Feb 23, 2023
My partner used to have horribly painful IBS and has been admitted over this. It's only been a couple years since it's peak but now he manages it so much better, the restrictions don't seem so terrible after experimenting with his own body. He hasn't gotten treatment for it, but stress definitley was linked.

Seeing how drastic the recovery can be just from diet change and a less stressful environment is amazing. You should never lose hope! The more you record your habits and track your symptoms along with them, the faster you can recover.

IBS is more than "my tummy hurts" and everyone handles it differently. There are people who understand how terrible it can be, your problems and feelings over them shouldn't be dismissed. A healthy mind makes a healthy body, try to avoid the pit of despair or your stomach might mirror it ;,P <3 Hope you make quick progress with your condition

Reactions: qualityOV3Rquantity
Z

zengiraffe

Feb 29, 2024
I relate to you a lot. Depressed all of my life, wanted to kill myself. Got a chronic gastrointestinal disease in my late 20s and my suicidality went up 1000%, but the disease was so bad at first that I couldn't take care of myself and had to move in back with my parents who had me under their constant watch. I was livid I hadn't killed myself earlier. It took me a few years to recover and I finally moved back out. The first thing I did in my new place was get a shotgun. If my health ever takes a nosedive again I now have a secured exit strategy, and don't have to go through that nightmare ever again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bear1234
qualityOV3Rquantity

qualityOV3Rquantity

Jul 27, 2024
Hi Friend, I understand health issues can be terrible and make you want to CTB. Im right there with ya. But wanted to suggest something, Amitriptyline is a drug that is prescribed at a low dose of 10mg-25mg for IBS and bladder issues - its an anti depressant and a nerve pain medication. Ask your primary to prescribe this to you and give it a shot before you give up completely <3 please try this
Funny you say that, I actually already take that after my doctor prescribed it. I think it helps a lot, but I still have symptoms unfortunately.

Chronicallyunwell

Chronicallyunwell

Aug 9, 2024
I relate to you a lot. Depressed all of my life, wanted to kill myself. Got a chronic gastrointestinal disease in my late 20s and my suicidality went up 1000%, but the disease was so bad at first that I couldn't take care of myself and had to move in back with my parents who had me under their constant watch. I was livid I hadn't killed myself earlier. It took me a few years to recover and I finally moved back out. The first thing I did in my new place was get a shotgun. If my health ever takes a nosedive again I now have a secured exit strategy, and don't have to go through that nightmare ever again.
Im so jealous you can access a gun. I'm suffering intolerable physical pain and can't access a way out.

B

Bear1234

Jul 8, 2024
Funny you say that, I actually already take that after my doctor prescribed it. I think it helps a lot, but I still have symptoms unfortunately.
Sorry :( that is so incredibly frustrating, Did they already test you for SIBO potentially? since you are following the low-fodmap diet. Maybe rifaximin could help?
I relate, im dealing with a chronic health issue right now and im thinking why the fuck didn't I buy a gun when I was good. Similar to you, I've moved back home with my parents. Its a shit show truthfully but I got my SN coming and already have AE so if I really need to exit, I will. Hoping miracles or some medication actually hits me right

• Hugs
Reactions: DefinitelyReady
K

Kali_Yuga13

Student
Jul 11, 2024
IBS is awful. It's driven me to drug use and so much focus on food and diets to the point of borderline eating disorder. For me, it got much better when I broke the spell of gaslighting from my father. I think it was a manifestation of ,my body screaming to get away from person that posed a great danger but my mind couldn't accept. I'm not sure if you have any toxic people in your life but it might be worth assessing.