NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I completed another orbit and it's just a harsh reminder of how miserable, meaningless, and disappointing my life has been so far. I'm at an age now where I can't just cling to the illusion of "potential" anymore; what you see is what you get, and there's just not much there. I haven't done a whole lot of fulfilling things and have nothing to look forward to. I feel completely dead inside while my slowly decaying body catches up. I am mourning a pitiful existence which will no doubt end in severe loneliness and sadness.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: heretogethelp, disabledandhopeless, JustAMatterOfTime and 8 others
MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Happy birthday! If nothing else, the bus is one orbit closer.

I'm currently on the path of abdicating "potential" to do what I want. Uncle/mom think I should be a judge, dad thinks I should be a prosecutor. I'm pretty sure if I repeated last year for 3 or 4 extra ones I could be either. But fuck that, no more. Not their life to die, not their life to live.

• Hugs
Reactions: NumbItAll and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Sorry you're feeling like this.
I dunno if this will help but, I became a NEET at my 30s for three years and now, just now, I've managed to have a kinda normal life again.

Hope things can better somehow.

Hugs,

Matt

• Love
Reactions: heretogethelp and NumbItAll
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Out of curiosity, how old are you?

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Out of curiosity, how old are you?
Late 20s, which of course is not very old, but it feels like it in the context of having done nothing. It's like I haven't even started life yet and I'm already exiting prime years...

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Sorry you're feeling like this.
I dunno if this will help but, I became a NEET at my 30s for three years and now, just now, I've managed to have a kinda normal life again.

Hope things can better somehow.

Hugs,

Matt
That actually does help a little. There probably is a path forward, and anything can happen, but sometimes the emotional side of it becomes overwhelming, and mental breakdowns like this one occur.

• Love
Reactions: heretogethelp, Sprite_Geist and WornOutLife
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Late 20s, which of course is not very old, but it feels like it in the context of having done nothing. It's like I haven't even started life yet and I'm already exiting prime years...

That actually does help a little. There probably is a path forward, and anything can happen, but sometimes the emotional side of it becomes overwhelming, and mental breakdowns like this one occur.
I'm 28 and feel your pain. I severely misused my 20s. I've seen people who did much worse with the "best years of one's life", but realizing that doesn't really make me feel better.

If teenage me could have known where her life would go, she would have stepped out in front of a bus.

• Hugs
Reactions: NumbItAll and Sprite_Geist