R

Retroguy

Sep 10, 2023
I wish life never happened.

To this day no onw knows why or how life first arose on this planet.

I wish it never happened.
Life caused nothing but suffering.
Think of all the suffering that could have been avoided if life never arose on this planet.

Think of every creature in the last 4 billion years who starved or who was bitten to shreds by another animal.
Or who died in a natural diaster.
And of course all the human beings who were murdered, died of a painful disease, starved to death...

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, kunikuzushi, Tobacco and 9 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It truly was, the existence of life was such a disturbing tragedy, it really would be better if there was nothing as after all without existence one cannot be harmed, all the senseless cruelty and endless torture is ultimately caused by existence itself.

It's absolutely horrifying to think of how much harm existence has so unnecessarily caused all throughout history, it's beyond comprehension. Only nothingness is ideal as it's undeniable that existence is so hellish, it's something so replusive to have the ability to exist in this world where there is unlimited potential to suffer endlessly.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Tobacco, Immensevoid and 2 others
R

Resinn66

Student
Sep 5, 2021
I wish life never happened.

To this day no onw knows why or how life first arose on this planet.

I wish it never happened.
Life caused nothing but suffering.
Think of all the suffering that could have been avoided if life never arose on this planet.

Think of every creature in the last 4 billion years who starved or who was bitten to shreds by another animal.
Or who died in a natural diaster.
And of course all the human beings who were murdered, died of a painful disease, starved to death...
Surreal if you thiink we could be the only life in the entire galaxy

chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
Or maybe even the entire known universe.

Arihman

Arihman

Efilist, atheist, pro-right to die.
Jun 8, 2023
I disagree that life only causes suffering, but that doesn't change that the suffering it does cause is:
  • Enormous;
  • Unnecessary;
  • Inflicted in exchange for less intense, and otherwise equally unnecessary goods that are much harder to obtain, and can be far more easily destroyed, often by even one bad event, whereas no single pleasure can fix a bad life;
  • Often chronic, whereas on the other hand there is no chronic pleasure;

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Retroguy
R

Retroguy

Sep 10, 2023
I disagree that life only causes suffering, but that doesn't change that the suffering it does cause is:
  • Enormous;
  • Unnecessary;
  • Inflicted in exchange for less intense, and otherwise equally unnecessary goods that are much harder to obtain, and can be far more easily destroyed, often by even one bad event, whereas no single pleasure can fix a bad life;
  • Often chronic, whereas on the other hand there is no chronic pleasure;
Yeah definitely you put it better than me.

Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
This has a name already but I wouldn't be surprised if you already know about it.

Truly the emergence of life was a horrible accident. I don't know if this is just a joke from an alien civilization.

Reactions: Astral Storm and Arihman